Thread: Any tips?

Hybrid View

Default Any tips?

Anyone have any advertising tips? Promotion strategies? Contest ideas?
    Reading: The Dead Virgins
    Just Finished Reading: Lord and Lady Spy
    TBR: lots!

Awards Showcase

A very good question! I'm having a rethink at the moment. There is a certain amount of luck involved. If you work out the cost of an ad against sales, the result can be disappointing...on the other hand if you don't advertise then it's difficult to get your name out there. My tip would be to target where you advertise to the audience suitable to your book (sounds obvious I know, but no point advertising on a sci-fi site if you write western romances) I've had encouraging results with Goodreads self-service ads - not dramatic but steady sales and you only pay for the ads the reader clicks on. I currently have 2 ads for 2 titles -but with a slightly different approach to what's written on the ad - I'm monitoring the sales to see what works and what doesn't. Hope that helps. G x PS Guest blogging works well for me. It's free and it spreads your profile - but again, chose busy blogs so the time spent writing a post won't be wasted.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH HISTORY

Eulogy's Secret.
    Hope's Betrayal.
    Verity's Lie
    - 5/5 "Historical romance at its best" The Romance Review.
    Reading: Elsker by ST Bende
    Just Finished Reading: The Selkie Sorceress by Sophie Moss. Love the whole trilogy!
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

Cool

It's good to hear that you're having some luck with the Goodreads ad. I have heard a lot of people say that they didn't but most were not in the romance genre. I'd love to hear your thoughts after a little longer. It does seem like one of the best options.