Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Cool Of Wolves and Vampires

Greetings,

Well, this is my first post and I just wanted to start off by saying hello and thanks to Keri Arthur. I've completly fallen in love with Riley and her world.

In here I just wanted to post some of my random thoughts and feelings from the book...

I find the Wolves sexual freedom very refreshing, it's nice not to have to deal with the human hangups about sex and relationships.

I 've noticed that vampires tend to be divided into two type or classes, the kind who wash and the kind who do not was, lol!

Now about Quinn and Kellen, I love Quinn to death but he needs to open up. At first all the cloak and dagger stuff with him seemed to be very interesting and mysterious, however it has become very annoying. Though I suppose it is all part of his personality. It is hard to live in a relationship without trust (believe me I know) and that is the postion he has put Riley in. It does help he drop dead (literally) gorgeous and filthy stinking rich but that can only go so far, I wish someone could kick some sense into him... Perhaps he just needs grow a little (sorta weird considering he's a 1200 year old vamp)

Kellen, how do I put this... sorta rubbed me in so the wrong way. At first I liked him, a strong, handsome, rich wolf that wanted all the same things our heroine wants but then he slowly started to slide down hill with his continued demands to go solo, his ever growing possesiveness (slightly charming but very alarming), I hated the fact that he basically told Riley that he would all but force her to stop working at a point, and his overwelming need to protect. It wasn't as if Riley lied to him, she came into the relationship letting him know how her job was, what it required, ect. She let him know what she was, that she was stronger and faster, she let him know that there would be things he would be unable to protect her from and that she didn't want his protection, only wanted his love. But noooooooo that wasn't enough for him. Then after all this, Riley finally makes an attempt to conquer her fears and take that next step, then he stomps all over it!!! Does anybody realize how hard it's going to be for someone who has actually earned the right to get her to commit now?? Take how she was before and multiply that by about one hundred. He's a freaking jerk.

As far as I'm concerned I haven't seen enough of Ben aka Shadow to really make a judgement call on weither or not they'll be a good thing. Though as he said lust does burn between them (well he said something like that :P)

Now, for Riley. I love her to death, she's awsome, strong, confidant... something I LOVE to see in a female main character. I'm so, so, so, sick and tired of these female characters who end up needing someone to come in and save them, or run and scream and all that other bs you see happening. I also hate to see female character who get horribly hung up on the sexual side of things. It sucks that she can't seem to catch a break, she loves Quinn and he uses her, betrays her trust, LIES to her and CONTROLS her, all unforgivable sins (though some deep dark part of me wants to...) then there is Kellen who seems to be, possibly, the "one" and he turns around only to go all Alpha wolf on her, IE "I can't protect you so I can't be with you..." Don't make me sick, Riley needs some one who can help her, or at the very least be waiting at home for her when she gets there, she can protect herself but as she said, if Quinn had been up on that roof with her she might not have been shot at all... I personaly think her growing powers are awsome but her fears are well founded. I'd freak out too if I suddenly changed into a bird or started seeing "dead people" hello sixth sense anybody? I can see the change in her, her slow slippery slide down the path of the gaurdian. But it doesn't bother me, she is simply growing into the person who she was always ment to be.

Liander and Rhoan are two of my most favorite people in the entire book. I'd also like to note the fact the though gay, Rhoan is anything but a fairy. He totally kicks butt! Liander is just soooo cute, he has an awsome job and puts up with way more from Rhoan than I would probably put up with from my own husband.

Anyways I guess I've taken up enough room as for now. I'd really like to hear what everyone else thinks. I'm also and an avid writer I've been writing since the sixth grade so that puts me at right about eleven or twelve, unfortunatly ever since I enlisted in the Air Force it has been like something is missing, the best I can describe it as is "the spark" it makes me sad, One major goal my whole life has been to be a published writer. But it's like the sparkles gone out of my writing... Anyone have any suggestions or even understand what I'm talking about?

How well hope to hear from the rest of you

-The Enforcer
  2. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

to CTR The Enforcer!

Hope you have a great time here reading and posting.

We've had a long standing discussion about Quinn and Kellen and the other men in Riley's life. Quinn has lied to, controlled and used Riley, but he was always honest and up front with her about most of it. He obviously wasn't forthcoming about the controlling part, but that's for her to deal with more later. Kellen always rubbed me the wrong way. I have ever liked him, but the last few books he just became worse to me. He was just as bad as Quinn was, but he wasn't honest about it to me and it finally came out when he decided to make her choose. If he truely loved her he would have never made her choose at all.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

to CTR Enforcer. It's great that you've joined us here at CTR.

We love to chat about Riley and her men in Keri's section of CTR. Hopefully you'll come in and join our posting. We have a lot of fun posting in Keri's threads.

But you have to check out all the threads here at CTR because they are quite interesting and some of the threads do go off topic but eventually someone manages to steer the posts back to what it is the thread is all about

Have fun posting!

TBR: 30-40

Awards Showcase

Hey welcome and hey what up more fresh blood. Always good. So yeah Quinn kicks major butt alot of us love him and think him awesome even though he has to grow a bit more into trusting yeah set in his ways but its all has to change modern day. Kellen never liked him Quinn girl all the way. I would have kicked Kellen in the balls so hard it would have been lodged in his throat.

Yeah to sexual freedom away from human hangups. And yeah perfer Vamps who wash. Have fun in the forum.
    Books are my friends..shhh, they talk to me.:P:

Awards Showcase

hi everyone. i just wanted to stop by and say how much i love these books! i am really hoping that riley's soulmate is going to be quinn. she cant seem to forget about him as much as she tries even though kellen is in her life. there is way to strong a bond between her and quinn. since he has been away for a little while i think he is going to realize how strong his feeling for her really are. i dont think that riley is excepting that quinn may be the one because she is expecting her mate to be a were wolf. has she even considered that it may be quinn????? but then again do vampires have soulmates and if not where will that leave riley??? oh yeah i got the last book right when it came out and have read several others so i am having a brain cramp.....who is ben?
    Billijo

Default CSI Inspired Novel Available

Murder By Association…CSI inspired novel available
    At Eternal Press.Com
    >>
    As Boston’s most lethal serial killer jeopardizes the city’s anniversary celebration, CSI boss Stanford Carter desperately fights for forensic clues to nail the perp. But the ‘Plunger’ who stabs his victims through the heart, leaves only Tarot cards as evidence. The Mayor is demanding an arrest and eventually Carter’s diligence gives him one. But the Mayor is keeping a secret from Carter. He is being blackmailed by the mob and soon the murders will begin again and this time they will no longer be just the work of a deranged serial.
    >>
    See it here…
    http://www.freewebs.com/eternalnewreleases/murderbyassociation.htm
    >>
  7. Ti3

Default ~~~welcome~~~

Welcome Enforcer....its so neat to me to hear of others who get so completely entrawled by their beloved books.I think its so cute to have heard your post, and the passion in which you conveyed your excitement over reading The Riley Series. I get so wound up about the books I read. Especially if they are as dynamic as Keri Arthur's The Riley Jenson Series... Keri will remain One of my very favorite Authors!!....

As for Quinn I think I will just borrow him while Riley & Quinn take their lil thinking breaks lol...I wanna lick him this side of wrong. hehehe....mmmm HECKFIRE I wouldnt mind it if a bunch of devistatingly handsome hero's battled their wills and wilds to get me hehehe...dammeettttt cant I live out one of my many fantastical books. Please if anyone ever speaks to Aphrodity please request something super hot for me will ya?!!
    Reading: Breaking dawn
    TBR: 30-40

Awards Showcase

Yup billijo I like your thinking about Quinn it can be him and may be him we have to keep reading to find out. But I hope so as well. Glad to have you here is nice having anothern Quinn fan like most of us here. Aphrodite well I will as k her on your behalf how about that Ti3.
    Books are my friends..shhh, they talk to me.:P:
  9. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by billijo View Post
    i am having a brain cramp.....who is ben?
    Ben is also known as Shadow, the manager of Nonpareil that sent out the exotic dancers to the bachlorette party.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

Smile

Ben/shadow is cute not as cute as Quinn but better than Kellen
    Hugs
    Hollie

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast