Mitchell's Run, my last book as Amy Gallow, was released by Whiskey Creek Press in May this year. This is what two reviewers had to say about on Amazon:

This one is a keeper, October 31, 2013
By
Lillian S

This review is from: Mitchell's Run (Kindle Edition)
Amy Gallow has spun a wonderful story that keeps folks reading until the end. She has the gift of getting ones emotions involved in the story and making them care about characters. When I read a story I want to become emotional (laugh, cry, get angry, feel sad,) and this book seriously drew on my emotions.

Cynthia Sheldon is a modern young woman who does not believe in ghosts. Andrew Mitchell rescues her from a blizzard and shelters her in his mine. The fact that he has disappeared more than a century ago does not falter her conviction that there has to be a logical explanation to the event. She finds it in Drew Mitchell, the current owner of Mitchell's Run, who seems to be the very same man who saved her life. Cynthia sets to prove that she was the victim of a ghostly masquerade. But was she?

If you want a book to remember and ponder on after you read it `Mitchell's run' is for you. Beautifully written, it draws you right in and is nothing like the average romance novel of boring mediocrity. `Mitchell's run' is anything but that.

Amy Gallow knows how to capture the readers and pull them into the room with the characters. They live and breathe and feel. She puts just the perfect amount of conflict mixed in with the underlying attraction both characters have for each other.

`Mitchell's run' is wonderful, poignant, and intense, a fascinating story, well presented with a plot that was thrilling enough to win my heart. It's an emotional ride, the kind of book that makes the reader fall in love with romance or remember that they do love it.

This next one was originally from LAS, but recopied to Amazon

Fantastic Read, October 24, 2013
By
LAS Reviewer "The Long and the Short Of It Reviews"

This review is from: Mitchell's Run (Kindle Edition)
This book demands time to decipher and dwell on its questions, both during and after reading, but the protagonist Cynthia is even more confused than we are. Cynthia has to discern whether Drew and Andrew are the same man, an elaborate hoax thought up for gold, or different men, which would mean she has walked into a ghost story.

The atmosphere of this novel is an intense homage to the wild frontier and the gold digging days where any man could find his treasure and future in the outback. However this fuses with the modern in ways which make this genre new and titillating to read. It's an adventurous romance with an old time man at dances and horse rides which is picturesque in its scenery and historical through modern gestures, a homage to the old and celebration of the new.

Andrew/Drew and Cynthia are well thought out with a witty repartee continuing between them throughout the novel. They fight to get the advantage of the other and understand them enough they are not five steps behind. Chess has been provided by Gallow as a good metaphor for this process.

These characters never become dull or predictable as the sheer force of their personalities keeps them on the road to the unique and unexpected. There were many times I had to change my mind over Andrew/Drew and his intentions and Cynthia had to change hers along with me. It is a debate of the mind from start to finish.

In addition, Ms. Gallow provides language like `awareness advanced and retreated like gentle waves on a beach' which sets the scene but also feels classic. Much like a later description of Drew's horse race, a historical scene is paired with a stark, atmospheric visual which draws the reader into the story and binds us with Cynthia and her questions.

Mitchell's Run is a story I will not forget any time soon. Its visuals and characters whisper on my periphery and the love story seems to endure across the centuries. This is not a novel which stops with the last line. It's one that continues beyond the horizon and the people of its making.

Originally posted at Long and Short Reviews

These are very fitting tributes to a lady who gave me the services of five publishers and nine editors,