The day before, you can finish almost all the cooking.
- If you have room in your refrigerator, brine the turkey this afternoon, dry it off, and leave it uncovered in the refrigerator overnight (at least 8 hours). Roasting an air-dried turkey makes for exceptionally crisp skin.
- Oven-baked stuffing can be assembled ahead of time, put in a casserole dish, and refrigerated until it's ready to be baked.
- Make and refrigerate pumpkin or other custard pies.
- Peel and store potatoes, covered in cold water, in the refrigerator.
- Make one of our favorite night-before breakfasts