Hybrid View

TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Exclamation MaryJo And Matthew's Story

MaryJo had just caught her husband having dinner with her best friend. Why was he here at restaurant when he was suppose to be at work? And what the devil was her best friend for 15 years doing making pass at her husband behind her back?

With a loud voice MaryJo demand "How in the world Matthew could you be dating my best friend!"
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

TBR: 2many

Awards Showcase

Mathew Patrick O'Shea turned around quickly at the sound of someone screaming. Someone familiar.

"MaryJo," Charlotte Anderson uncrossed her long legs and stood up to reveal even more legs. "What a coincidence."

"Is that what they're calling it these days?" She faced her husband. "Have I gotten boring after six months of marriage, Mathew? My mother was right about you after all." She made an abrupt about face and headed back to the front door.

Mathew's face whitened. Part from the shock of having his wife see him with another woman, another woman who just happened to be her very best friend in the world. The other part was the stares and hushed comments from the other patrons of LeBistro, the most intimate restaurant in Tuscon. "MaryJo," he said, jumping up from his chair and in the process managed to knock Charlotte's glass of Merlot all over her winter white pants.

A waiter rushed over and managed to stop him just long enough to see his wife run out of the restaurant and into a cab.

He ran his fingers through his dark hair. How the hell was he going to talk his way out of this mess?

MaryJo had just caught her husband having dinner with her best friend. Why was he here at restaurant when he was suppose to be at work? And what the devil was her best friend for 15 years doing making pass at her husband behind her back?

With a loud voice MaryJo demand "How in the world Matthew could you be dating my best friend!"
    Reading: The Old Mermaid's Tale: Kathleen Valentine
    Just Finished Reading: Deep As Bone by Malla Duncan
    TBR: Tons!

Awards Showcase

Confusion and anger mixing, Matthew called back to Charlotte that she could pay the bill since their meeting was her idea. Why they had to meet in such a public place, and not only that, but such a romantic public place, Matthew didn't understand. Charlotte knew how jealous his new wife could be. She knew that better than anyone in the world. And why had her voice sounded so smug at the word "coincidence"?
    Last edited by lkhunsaker; December 11th, 2007 at 01:39 AM. Reason: to fit the rules *blush*
    Literary Romance with an Artsy Twist

Matthew caught up with MaryJo outside the restaurant. He looked as guilty as sin and just as devilish in good looks. She despised him at that moment, but it hurt like hell to do so.

"MaryJo," he said, catching her arm before she could venture across the street. He quickly swung her around to face him. "What's wrong with you?"

"You have to ask?" she spat angrily. "We've only been married for a few months. How long has this affair been going on?"

"You have it all wrong love." He chuckled. "She invited me here to talk about you."

"Funny," she said, arching her brow in puzzlement. "She invited me here to talk about you."
    Just Finished Reading: The Privateer by Danielle Thorne
    TBR: 4

Awards Showcase

"Oh?" Matthew asked, frowning. "That'd be almost funny, except Charlotte isn't funny."

"Well, since you seem to know her so well, tell me what she is." Mary Jo folded her arms over her chest, waiting for his answer.

He hesitated. "I'm not sure that's a good idea. You won't believe me."

Mary Jo's gaze slid past her husband's shoulder. A man, someone she didn't know, stood outside the restaurant door. He wore a dark trench coat. Reaching up, his gloved hands pulled the collar tight around his neck. As he slid a pair of sunglasses over his blue eyes, Charlotte exited the restaurant behind him. She glanced at the man and gasped, her complexion paling.

"When the Bough Breaks", "See No Evil, My Pretty Lady", "Catch Me If You Can", "It's Extraordinary, My Dear Winifred", "Said the Spider to the Fly", available at both Smashwords and Amazon

Visit me online at: http://themissmaesite.com

TBR: Ha!

Awards Showcase

"Damn," Matthew muttered, not quite under his breath.

"What's that about? Are you upset because you got caught?"

"No...I mean, I was afraid something like this was going to happen. Look, there's no time to explain, Mary Jo. But it's not what you think."

He raced back to where Charlotte had been standing only a moment ago.
    Last edited by Karenne; January 23rd, 2008 at 10:36 PM.