Guardian of the Onyx Empire
by Vanessa N. Gilfoy
(Book Two of the New Pangaea Series)
1. Was Alexander originally expecting Lizeria?
2. What aspects of The Magician Rider Tarot Card can be found in Guardian of the Onyx Empire?
3. Should Alexander tell Lizeria who he was? Why or why not?
4. Why did the previous Empress, Amarla, imprison some criminals in blackstones rather than execute them?
5. Who’s the better man – Gray or Alexander? Why?
6. How are the Elementals of the Ender Woods different from those of Lizeria’s home? Where did the Elementals of the Ender Woods come from?
7. How are Lizeria’s strength and weakness linked?
8. (Really tricky question) How is Lizeria connected to the Western River Kingdom, and how is this important to both hers and her mother’s future? (Hints: look at the dates on all three tales; there’s a selfish reason Amarla let her half-brothers live.)