Thread: Who Laughed?

Hybrid View

TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Question Who Laughed?

Okay..is it just me or did you just crack up when Delilah got burs in her...bum in the first chapter?

I wonder why when she shifted that she didn't heal?
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Reading: My computer screen
    TBR: 200+

Awards Showcase

Because when she gets hurt in her other forms, she's hurt in all forms. If she broke her leg, she'd have a broken paw. ~grins~ There's no get-out-of-jail-free card in my world, though the sisters do heal up faster because of their Fae blood.

Yasmine
    Last edited by Karenne; February 9th, 2008 at 10:18 PM.
    New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today Bestselling Author
    The Otherworld Series (aka Sisters of the Moon Series) & the upcoming Indigo Court Series
    www.galenorn.com & www.facebook.com/AuthorYasmineGalenorn
    www.twitter.com/yasminegalenorn

I love the smell of espresso in the morning.

Awards Showcase

awww...well that would be MY luck..no super powers of healing!

Thanks Yasmine!

Reading: Otherworld series (re-reading)
    Just Finished Reading: Handfasting And Wedding Rituals (Inviting Hera's Blessing) by Raven Kaldera and Tannin Schwartzstein

Awards Showcase

I have to admit, Delilah is my favourite D'Artigo sister now. I'm re-reading all the books in the series, and I just find her hilarious! I love cats (my fiancee believes I am part-feline!); so thinking about little tabby Delilah makes me laugh, especially when Kitten is scaling Christmas trees, "talking" to neighborhood animals in kitty form, and "meowing" to identify herself over the phone.

I was once fondest of Camille; she is a witch, and I have been a practicing Wiccan since 2003. I love her attitude, her style (I'd have a field day with her wardrobe), and her confidence. Like all the characters, there is more to her than meets the eye. I admire her for looking after her sisters under extraordinary circumstances and terrible trauma. That she manages to step up like that and look fantastic? Well, Camille really was my clear favourite, no doubt about it.

As for Menolly...I had a harder time getting used to her in-your-face, don't-piss-me-off-or-else attitude. With Darkling, I got a better insight into why she acts the way she does. I've had a past similar to hers (minus the "undead" thing) and I began to root for her. Her determination and courage helped her to face her inner demons, an empowering choice that made me like her better.

Now, Delilah...I never thought she was as exciting. But looking back at the series as a whole? I think she is a strong, passionate woman who is willing to fight for those she loves, and sacrifice her dreams and ideals for what she believes in. To me, that shows her true strength and now I love reading her POV, especially Changeling. It's a brilliant, moving story and I can see the potential for her eventual change into panther.

Changeling is wonderful (but a big "ew!" to the spiders!). For the record, though: Delilah's men are not my type! Trillian, Morio, and Smoky are the REAL Triple Threat. And Rozuriel, please call me!

~Letha Hellsing~

"More to know, to feel, to lose...to be complete." - "Undiscovered" by my band, Pale Secrecy

That cracked me up - plus the image of having her claws trimmed ruining her manicure!
    Maura Anderson
    Author of Sensual, Magical, Unconventional Tales
    Bittersweet -- Available NOW from Aspen Mountain Press

www.realmsoftheraven.com

Awards Showcase

Oh yeah! I could literally feel her pain of the ruined manicure! Or having her sisters talk to her like she was a pet..even though she wasn't....

Being the slave to cats, I also cracked up at the problems with her loving the Christmas tree and its ornaments!
    Maura Anderson
    Author of Sensual, Magical, Unconventional Tales
    Bittersweet -- Available NOW from Aspen Mountain Press

www.realmsoftheraven.com

Awards Showcase

oh yeah! That Christmas tree scene cracked me up! I think I reread it several times. I even called my best friend long distance and read her that schene because it is so funny!

Reading: Savannah Russe-Beyond the Pale: darkwing Chronicles book 1
    TBR: 10

Awards Showcase

OMG! The burs was GREAT!!! Same with the tree... I would think that the sisters talking her and treating her like a pet would become annoying to her, well, it would to me.
    Reading: My computer screen
    TBR: 200+

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    oh yeah! That Christmas tree scene cracked me up! I think I reread it several times. I even called my best friend long distance and read her that schene because it is so funny!
    You know that's based on something one of my cats actually did. ~grins~

Yasmine (who watched a kitty go skiing down the side of her tree, taking every ornament in sight with her)
    New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today Bestselling Author
    The Otherworld Series (aka Sisters of the Moon Series) & the upcoming Indigo Court Series
    www.galenorn.com & www.facebook.com/AuthorYasmineGalenorn
    www.twitter.com/yasminegalenorn

I love the smell of espresso in the morning.