Hybrid View

TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

xreading Menolly & Darkling

I have this book and it is sitting on my desk. I touch it everyday and look at it everyday, but I am afraid to read it. lol

Silly, I know..but my heart goes out to Menolly and want things to go well for her. And I am scared to see what happens to her.

So admit it...softie that I am..I haven't read this book. Now, I will!! Don't get me wrong!

shhh... you know my secret!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Reading: My computer screen
    TBR: 200+

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    I have this book and it is sitting on my desk. I touch it everyday and look at it everyday, but I am afraid to read it. lol

Silly, I know..but my heart goes out to Menolly and want things to go well for her. And I am scared to see what happens to her.

So admit it...softie that I am..I haven't read this book. Now, I will!! Don't get me wrong!

shhh... you know my secret!
    It is hardcore, Karenne. I won't lie. I didn't pretty it up or romanticize it--she went to hell and back, and you go on the ride with her. While I understand the romantic view of the vampire, I don't always buy into it with my own work. Plus, I've been attacked, I've been abused--not to the ends she was, of course, but I know what it does to you and how it can change you. And you either choose to pick yourself up and become stronger, or forever be a victim.

I think the explicitness of the book helped my readers see why she's the way she is, and see how she used the pain and anger to become the person she is now. At least, that's the feedback I'm getting over and over.

Yasmine
    New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today Bestselling Author
    The Otherworld Series (aka Sisters of the Moon Series) & the upcoming Indigo Court Series
    www.galenorn.com & www.facebook.com/AuthorYasmineGalenorn
    www.twitter.com/yasminegalenorn

I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

hmm..it would make sense. I have never really seen vampires as cute and cuddly (wink)

But I am now looking forward to the road that she must travel to be the person that she was meant to be.

Thanks Yasmine. That helps a lot.
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Reading: Much Ado About Nothing - W.S.
    TBR: 16

Awards Showcase

I absolutely loved this book. I cried. I laughed. I sweat. I was angry and happy and wondered.

I relate so much with Menolly, in many ways, and think the character is brilliant. In fact, I think everyone has a little Menolly in them. Plus...I have a HUGE crush on her. Wait...I wonder if that means I have a crush on myself? Hmmm...the things to ponder!

5. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Galenorn View Post
    It is hardcore, Karenne. I won't lie. I didn't pretty it up or romanticize it--she went to hell and back, and you go on the ride with her. While I understand the romantic view of the vampire, I don't always buy into it with my own work. Plus, I've been attacked, I've been abused--not to the ends she was, of course, but I know what it does to you and how it can change you. And you either choose to pick yourself up and become stronger, or forever be a victim.

I think the explicitness of the book helped my readers see why she's the way she is, and see how she used the pain and anger to become the person she is now. At least, that's the feedback I'm getting over and over.

Yasmine
    It was very hardcore. I was moved to tears when Menolly had to go throught that all over again. It reminded me of things that I relived for a few years after something happened to me and my heart went out to her.

Yasmine, you did a hell of a job with this book.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.
    Reading: My computer screen
    TBR: 200+

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    It was very hardcore. I was moved to tears when Menolly had to go throught that all over again. It reminded me of things that I relived for a few years after something happened to me and my heart went out to her.

Yasmine, you did a hell of a job with this book.
    Thanks--it was pretty draining to write, and I worried that some of my readers might be too freaked out by how harsh it can be, but then I thought--I wouldn't be telling her true story if I didn't go deep into the pain she lived through...so I just grit my teeth and hoped for a majority of good responses. And so far, I've had them--the reviews have been fantastic for this book.

Yasmine
    New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today Bestselling Author
    The Otherworld Series (aka Sisters of the Moon Series) & the upcoming Indigo Court Series
    www.galenorn.com & www.facebook.com/AuthorYasmineGalenorn
    www.twitter.com/yasminegalenorn

I love the smell of espresso in the morning.
    Reading: Delicious by Shayla Black
    Just Finished Reading: ALl 3 Pamela Palmer Feral books
    TBR: 150?

Awards Showcase

Hands down you did an amazing job. The story was intense but with that character it wouldn't have sounded right if she became a vampire while chasing butterflies.
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Now that I'm back from holidays and my books arrived in the post I'll be able to read Darkling so hopefully I'll have it started and finished within the next couple of days.