Threaded View

1. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Default Creating Your Signature

Signatures... You see them in other people's posts but you just can't seem to figure out how to make one for yourself. Well, here's where you'll learn how.

First you need to click on the Settings link at the top of the page.

On the left hand side of the page you'll see a column that says My Settings. Under that will be a gray bar that says My Profile and below that you find the Edit Signature. It will look like this:

Once there you'll see the same kind of box you usually see for posting except at the top it will say Preview and below that Edit Signature. All you have to do is type your name, message of your choosing (or both) to put in your signature line. You can also add smilies to it as well. See example below.

If you want to add a picture to your signature scroll down just a bit further until you see this selection:

Once you have chosen a file click on the Upload button. Once your picture has uploaded you will see this:

You can either choose to use the image you uploaded or delete it and upload another. If you choose to not use the image, you will need to click on the box below the picture that says Delete Current Image? and click Save Signature. This will take you back to the upload option screen. If you choose to use the image you will need to click on the Insert Signature Picture button located at the top right hand side of the box. This will put the picture in the signature, but it will look like this:

If you want the image below what you have already typed you will need to highlight the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] by
    left clicking and dragging the cursor to the end of your text to highlight it, right click and select Cut, then place your cursor where you would like the picture right click again and select Paste and it will put the image where you want it. When you have finished putting your signature together you can either click on Save Signature or Preview Signature.

NOTE: The first time you make a signature for yourself it would be best to click on the preview signature button to make sure it looks exactly how you want it to and then click the save signature button once you're happy with the way it looks.

You can also use an image code from places like Photobucket or WebShots to post in your signature too. Just make sure to select the right code for forums.

If you want to remove the image from your signature completely you will need to highlight the [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC], hit the delete button on your keyboard and then click the Save Signature button.
    Last edited by Dani; June 28th, 2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Update Needed
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.