Thread: Not Forgotten

TBR: 100s

Awards Showcase

Default Not Forgotten

I, like everyone else, am agog at the new series, but I can't bear to see this one languishing unnoticed. Without this particular book, I'd have overlooked Yasmine's works for a long time!

My older son was an over the road truck driver. One thing we did right for the boy, he is a voracious reader! He carried bags of books with him, and would still run out. On one long trip, in desperate need of something to read, he found MUAMM and bought it, along with a bunch of others. Most of the other books ended in the Goodwill pile, but he brought this one to me and said, "Hey, Mom, I think you'll like this one." The kid was soo right! I read it and did like it! I liked it so much, I started a search for the others in the series and devoured them! That also led me to Yasmine's forums and I have basically tagged along ever since.

I have a soft spot for Emerald and Joe. I understand why they have had to retire...but they will always hold a special spot in my heart.

Huggles
    syrenity
    Reading: My computer screen
    TBR: 200+

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by syrenity View Post
    I, like everyone else, am agog at the new series, but I can't bear to see this one languishing unnoticed. Without this particular book, I'd have overlooked Yasmine's works for a long time!

My older son was an over the road truck driver. One thing we did right for the boy, he is a voracious reader! He carried bags of books with him, and would still run out. On one long trip, in desperate need of something to read, he found MUAMM and bought it, along with a bunch of others. Most of the other books ended in the Goodwill pile, but he brought this one to me and said, "Hey, Mom, I think you'll like this one." The kid was soo right! I read it and did like it! I liked it so much, I started a search for the others in the series and devoured them! That also led me to Yasmine's forums and I have basically tagged along ever since.

I have a soft spot for Emerald and Joe. I understand why they have had to retire...but they will always hold a special spot in my heart.

Huggles
    syrenity
    *grins* At least I left them in a good space and didn't kill anybody off! Seriously, I am proud of this series, but it's just not one that was doing me much good in terms of making a living. And that counts when I spend 50-70 hours a week working. I wouldn't automatically say 'no' to another CC book, but it would have to be a one-time thing and I'd have to get a great contract for it, and I just don't see the latter happening, to be honest.

Emerald was a lot of fun--I wish I'd been able to take the books into more of a paranormal realm, which is what I really wanted to do. (I'm not really a mystery-oriented person without a whole lot of supernatural stuff going on around it).

Yasmine
    New York Times, Publishers Weekly, and USA Today Bestselling Author
    The Otherworld Series (aka Sisters of the Moon Series) & the upcoming Indigo Court Series
    www.galenorn.com & www.facebook.com/AuthorYasmineGalenorn
    www.twitter.com/yasminegalenorn

I love the smell of espresso in the morning.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

HI Syrenity, welcome to CTR
    Hugs
    Hollie

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmine Galenorn View Post
    *grins* At least I left them in a good space and didn't kill anybody off! Seriously, I am proud of this series, but it's just not one that was doing me much good in terms of making a living. And that counts when I spend 50-70 hours a week working. I wouldn't automatically say 'no' to another CC book, but it would have to be a one-time thing and I'd have to get a great contract for it, and I just don't see the latter happening, to be honest.

Emerald was a lot of fun--I wish I'd been able to take the books into more of a paranormal realm, which is what I really wanted to do. (I'm not really a mystery-oriented person without a whole lot of supernatural stuff going on around it).

Yasmine
    I totally understand where you are coming from. A series has to be able to make its own way. Emerald and crew were fun, and they introduced me to your writing. I'm glad they were there.....but hey, the present and the future look GREAT and I'm sold on the Sisters! And, yep, I dug the supernatural aspects of Emerald's life so much more than the 'norm' stuff around her!

So, no regrets on Emerald......the books remain a fun read to while away a few blah hours!

Huggles
    Syrenity

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by hollie View Post
    HI Syrenity, welcome to CTR
    Hi Hollie, and thank you for the welcome. Looks like a verra interesting spot.

Huggles
    Syrenity