Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Just Getting Started

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Mae View Post
    LOL...Yeah, well, it's already been four months, so I'm hanging in there!

MM
    You're just getting started I know people who had their first books released years ago and they are still learning their way around. Remember that over 250,000 new books come out a year - there is a lot of competition for the readers attention. If you read about the big name authors, very few "made it" in a short period of time. Its also fairly rare that it happens with one book. I've noticed a difference with each new book that's released. It all grows over time.

Nikki
    Award winning Fiction & Non Fiction Author
    "Coastal Suspense w/ a Touch of Romance"
    Book Promo 101 - Learn the Basics of Book Promotion
    www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm

Hi Nikki,
    I like doing online promoting via Yahoo groups. It's a great way to meet people all over the country and you don't have to leave your house. Book signings are fun. I do these at various Scottish and Irish festivals and my sales are high. One technique I learned from a fellow author is to hand out free bookmarks to people passing by. This has earned me many sales to people who would have just walked on by if I had not made the effort to speak to them.

Kelley
    http://www.kelleyheckart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
    Hi Nikki,
    I like doing online promoting via Yahoo groups. It's a great way to meet people all over the country and you don't have to leave your house. Book signings are fun. I do these at various Scottish and Irish festivals and my sales are high. One technique I learned from a fellow author is to hand out free bookmarks to people passing by. This has earned me many sales to people who would have just walked on by if I had not made the effort to speak to them.

Kelley
    http://www.kelleyheckart.com
    Irish and Scottish festivals is great and I do similar things with book marks and business cards --- get your name and book title in their hand. And, be sure that order info is on cards and bookmarks Make it easy for them to buy your books

Nikki
  4. Jenna Bayley-Burke

Default Fave Promotion

My favorite kind is whatever seems to be working at the moment!

With my latest release, FOR KICKS, I scored an interview in my local paper. Will that help? I hope so...plus it was fun

I like guest blogging -- it is fun and as long as you are careful where you blog, has its own built in audience.

Yahoo Groups have never had much impact for me...I always wind up on the loops with the people asking when the giveaway is, and never see a rise in sales. The same thing with internet chats. I wish they were more productive for me.

Giving writing workshops to local writing groups seems to help with print sales, but not as much with ebook. I bring postcards or bookmarks with my book info. One group actually hosts a booksigning as part of the meeting.

Default Yahoo Groups

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna Bayley-Burke View Post
    My favorite kind is whatever seems to be working at the moment!

With my latest release, FOR KICKS, I scored an interview in my local paper. Will that help? I hope so...plus it was fun

I like guest blogging -- it is fun and as long as you are careful where you blog, has its own built in audience.

Yahoo Groups have never had much impact for me...I always wind up on the loops with the people asking when the giveaway is, and never see a rise in sales. The same thing with internet chats. I wish they were more productive for me.

Giving writing workshops to local writing groups seems to help with print sales, but not as much with ebook. I bring postcards or bookmarks with my book info. One group actually hosts a booksigning as part of the meeting.
    I'm totally in agreement about Yahoo groups. They are a good way to communicate, but I really haven't seen any sales from them. However, I really like the ning.com networks and I have made some sales and contacts there. I have gotten a few sales from chats, but they were outside of Yahoo - those didn't really help me. Chats with specialized groups seem to work better for me.

If you like guest blogging, you would love doing a virtual book tour. If you ever want to do one, feel free to contact me

Nikki Leigh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12