Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

revision Introduce Yourself

How would everyone like to take a minute and tell us a bit about yourself? How did you get into writing? Would you like to share some information about your books?

Nikki Leigh
    Award winning Fiction & Non Fiction Author
    "Coastal Suspense w/ a Touch of Romance"
    Book Promo 101 - Learn the Basics of Book Promotion
    www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm

Hi everyone!

I'm Kristin Lawrence and I write romantic time travels, with a historical and a contemporary paranormal in the works. I suddenly realized that I've been so involved in writing and keeping the rest of my life going that I haven't gotten out of my little writer's shell to see who else is around.

The issue has become more critical because I have a novella coming out in the middle of March - I need to get out there!

I've always loved writing, but had a problem with completing things. After leaving my career track for the mommy track, I wanted something to do that was just for me. When my youngest children (twins) turned one, I started writing and I promised myself I would finish a manuscript, no matter what, and see how I liked writing.

Well, I finished one and I loved it. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make a career out of writing and the first step, for me, is to make my first publication as successful as possible.

Whew! Sorry, I wrote a lot. But you asked...
    Kristin Lawrence
    Smart, sexy novels for smart, sexy readers
    http://www.freewebs.com/kristinlawrence
    The Vicar's Vixen now available from Dark Eden Press

Red face Welcome Kristin

Great to have you with us. Its funny, but many days the writing seems like the easy part

Congratulations on your upcoming release - that's just around the corner. I see you have a website. That's a good first step. Do you have a blog? Do you want to let us know what sorts of things you're doing to get the word out about your release?

Nikki

Thanks for the congratulations! I'm excited. It was really fun writing my novella and I think it's a fun read as well. Satisfying for both author and readers.

I do have a blog and try to update it as much as possible, but it seems to be every two weeks that I get to it. The issue I find is driving readers to it.

I'm getting into some online lists - to feel more connected myself as well as introduce myself to readers. So far, my online connections have been mostly with other authors. I LOVE the authors I've met, but they're not all going to buy my books, plus they're not the only readers out there!

I'm identifying some review sites to send ARCs to and trying to keep up with my website. That's about it so far.

Any suggestions?

Kristin
    Kristin Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Lawrence View Post
    Thanks for the congratulations! I'm excited. It was really fun writing my novella and I think it's a fun read as well. Satisfying for both author and readers.

I do have a blog and try to update it as much as possible, but it seems to be every two weeks that I get to it. The issue I find is driving readers to it.

I'm getting into some online lists - to feel more connected myself as well as introduce myself to readers. So far, my online connections have been mostly with other authors. I LOVE the authors I've met, but they're not all going to buy my books, plus they're not the only readers out there!

I'm identifying some review sites to send ARCs to and trying to keep up with my website. That's about it so far.

Any suggestions?

Kristin

The more often that you post on your blog, the better you will rank. A really easy way to increase your posts is to do interviews with other authors. I do a lot of that and it also helps other authors. If you would like to take a look at the options - the list is posted here -
    http://muzesmusings.blogspot.com/200...promotion.html

Posting comments on other blogs (high traffic blogs work very well) and always include your blog address in your signature block for exposure. It should also be on your business cards and on your website.

One note, when you post comments on other blogs, don't promo your book - be subtle and include your link in a signature block --- much more effective.

Nikki Leigh
    Reading: TOUCHED by LOVE by Tracy Garrett
    Just Finished Reading: A WANTED MAN by Linda Lael Miller
    TBR: LOTS

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by litekepr View Post
    The more often that you post on your blog, the better you will rank. A really easy way to increase your posts is to do interviews with other authors. I do a lot of that and it also helps other authors. If you would like to take a look at the options - the list is posted here -
    http://muzesmusings.blogspot.com/200...promotion.html

Posting comments on other blogs (high traffic blogs work very well) and always include your blog address in your signature block for exposure. It should also be on your business cards and on your website.

Nikki Leigh
    You're right. It does help.

I visit a LOT of agent and editor blogs, and I know they've returned the visit. When I leave a comment, I always leave my blog addy in my signiture.

Awards Showcase

xreading Intro

How would everyone like to take a minute and tell us a bit about yourself? How did you get into writing? Would you like to share some information about your books?

Nikki Leigh
    My name is Carol Burge, and I write Historical Western Romance. I've always been an avid romance reader, but I didn't start writing until about eight years ago, just after my youngest flew the coop.

I'm not published, however, an epub requested a partial, and I've been getting it ready to submit. The dreaded synopsis is giving me problems, so, just as soon as I get that together, I'll send it in.

I've always had a website. I think I first put one up around 2001. I figure it's never too early to start getting your name out there. Last summer I started blogging, and I have quite a few subscribers. I have a MySpace page, Facebook, Shelfari, Gather, and I think that's it. Oh, and I belong to just about every romance writers list out there. If I do get pubbed, I figure at least I'll have a head start.

I'm looking forward to this class. If my luck holds out, the information I learn here will come in handy.

Congratulations, Kristin on your upcoming release!

~Carol

Visit My Blog, Romance Writer Woes
    http://www.romancewriterwoes.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Beth View Post

~Carol

Thanks Carol! I'm excited. Good luck with your synopsis. I can understand your dread!

Kristin
    Kristin Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Beth View Post
    My name is Carol Burge, and I write Historical Western Romance. I've always been an avid romance reader, but I didn't start writing until about eight years ago, just after my youngest flew the coop.

I'm not published, however, an epub requested a partial, and I've been getting it ready to submit. The dreaded synopsis is giving me problems, so, just as soon as I get that together, I'll send it in.

I've always had a website. I think I first put one up around 2001. I figure it's never too early to start getting your name out there. Last summer I started blogging, and I have quite a few subscribers. I have a MySpace page, Facebook, Shelfari, Gather, and I think that's it. Oh, and I belong to just about every romance writers list out there. If I do get pubbed, I figure at least I'll have a head start.

I'm looking forward to this class. If my luck holds out, the information I learn here will come in handy.

~Carol

Hey Carol

Several of my books are historic suspense - and I love to read historic novels especially when they include actual places and events.

Congratulations on having an e-pub request your synopsis. They can be tough to write, but invaluable in getting that contract. I tried something new with the last synopsis -- I wrote it before I wrote the book. Then when the book was finished, I made a few adjustments to the synopsis and it was ready. It was so much easier than boiling a 400 page book down to a couple of pages

I'm published with an e-publisher and I'm very happy with the owner and the company. But, I must say, check out the company thoroughly before submitting to them. There is info about that and about how early you can actually start promoting in Book Promo 101 - Learn the Basics of Book Promotion. (My latest book

I agree that its never too early to start getting the word out.

Nikki Leigh

Awards Showcase

xreading

Hey Carol

Several of my books are historic suspense - and I love to read historic novels especially when they include actual places and events.

Congratulations on having an e-pub request your synopsis. They can be tough to write, but invaluable in getting that contract. I tried something new with the last synopsis -- I wrote it before I wrote the book. Then when the book was finished, I made a few adjustments to the synopsis and it was ready. It was so much easier than boiling a 400 page book down to a couple of pages

I'm published with an e-publisher and I'm very happy with the owner and the company. But, I must say, check out the company thoroughly before submitting to them. There is info about that and about how early you can actually start promoting in Book Promo 101 - Learn the Basics of Book Promotion. (My latest book

I agree that its never too early to start getting the word out.

Nikki Leigh
    Thanks, Nikkii. I do have an outline (I'm a plotter, big time) and I'm wrting my synopsis using it as a guideline. Still, it's nerve wracking.

Your book sounds great - I'll definitely check it out!

~Carol
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast