Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. JH_Bográn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    San Pedro Sula, Honduras
    Posts
    8

    Awards Showcase

    JH_Bográn is offline
    #31

    Default Introducing Jose H. Bogran

    First of all, thank you Nikki for this seminar that is sure to help us navigate through the moody waters of bookselling!

    I was born and raised in Honduras, Central America. So, yes, my native language is Spanish. Fully bilingual by the time I was 18 y.o. I was naive, or dumb enough, to believe I could write in English so here I am. A few years later with 3 titles already published in this language and two more in the works.

    My website is www.jhbogran.net

    And my recently established blog: http://thetaleweaver.blogspot.com/
    J. H. Bográn
    www.jhbogran.net
  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loridbingley View Post

    I'm very happy to be doing what I love - and being blessed with the ability to do it on my own terms. Promoting, however, has been tough because I have five children, work two jobs, and do a lot of volunteer work on the side. I don't regret any of it - nor would I change it.
    Goodness, Lori, how do you have time to breathe? It sounds like you're very successful at what you do - congratulations on the 7th book!

    Kristin
    Kristin Lawrence
    Smart, sexy novels for smart, sexy readers
    http://www.freewebs.com/kristinlawrence
    The Vicar's Vixen now available from Dark Eden Press
  3. #33

    Default Welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by JH_Bográn View Post
    First of all, thank you Nikki for this seminar that is sure to help us navigate through the moody waters of bookselling!

    I was born and raised in Honduras, Central America. So, yes, my native language is Spanish. Fully bilingual by the time I was 18 y.o. I was naive, or dumb enough, to believe I could write in English so here I am. A few years later with 3 titles already published in this language and two more in the works.

    My website is www.jhbogran.net

    And my recently established blog: http://thetaleweaver.blogspot.com/
    I think at some point we all thought being an author would be easier than it is But, writing the book(s) and getting them available for the public are the first two hurdles. Then, we have created a product that is available for the public. Have you considered releasing your book in more than one language? Is that an option?

    Nikki Leigh
    Award winning Fiction & Non Fiction Author
    "Coastal Suspense w/ a Touch of Romance"
    Book Promo 101 - Learn the Basics of Book Promotion
    www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm
  4. JudeAZ's Avatar
    Reading: In Byron's Shadow/Ashley Barnard
    Just Finished Reading: The Broken Sword by Liane Moonraven
    TBR: tons
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    16

    Awards Showcase

    JudeAZ is offline
    #34

    writersblock Soft sell vs Hard sell

    Hi, and thank you for this informational thread!

    I'm Jude Johnson and I write historical fiction that is action-adventure and romance set in 1880s Arizona. My first book, Dragon & Hawk, has now totally sold out of three printings, and my second book, Celtic Fire, Desert Rain is going well. I'm leaving for the UK next week to research another book in that series as well as start a new series set in 5th century Wales loosely reflecting mythology from The Mabinogion.

    I also have a couple of contemporary romance e books written as Nia Little: Desire--A Dangerous Dance, The Wicked Waltz, and A Delectable Valentine published through Alinar Publishing and reviewed by Coffee Time Romance.

    I've found authors who really push their books hard irritate the living daylights out of me, so my style is the other end of the spectrum. I try to answer any and all questions sent my way, I make as many personal signings as I can, I have a blog on My Space which I try to update often (and often fail), and I try to contribute to conversations on the online forums when I have time.

    While I may not be the hottest-selling e book author Alinar has, I'm really happy with them and the fact that people seem to enjoy my stories. But my focus is still my paper books, and for an independently (i.e., self) published author, I've done all right. There are always more things to learn and try! I'm having a grand time listening to other authors and exploring the many avenues of promotion--as long as I don't have to beat anyone over the head with a hard sell. I just won't do it.

    I lurk on here and am really impressed the with authors involved. Wow...

    All the best,

    ~Jude Johnson
    ~Jude


    Jude Johnson
    Author
    The Dragon & Hawk Trilogy (fiction) Champagne Books Website: Jude-johnson.com







  5. #35

    Default Hi Jude

    I am not good at the hard sell and I really do not respond well when people try the hard sell with me There is a local author who I see at all the events and she is one of the "in your face" authors and even though the subject and setting of her book is interesting to me - chances are that I won't buy her book.

    There are so many more subtle and less obnoxious ways to promote and I try to use those. True - it doesn't make me a best seller, but I'm reasonably happy with my results

    I promote my ebooks to a point, but I do promote the print more. I list ebook and print for sale on my sale page and people can make their choice about which to buy. I have been encouraged to see the Kindle editions of all but on of my books selling on Amazon.

    I hope you continue to learn new and useful things

    Nikki Leigh
    Award winning Fiction & Non Fiction Author
    "Coastal Suspense w/ a Touch of Romance"
    Book Promo 101 - Learn the Basics of Book Promotion
    www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm
  6. JudeAZ's Avatar
    Reading: In Byron's Shadow/Ashley Barnard
    Just Finished Reading: The Broken Sword by Liane Moonraven
    TBR: tons
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    16

    Awards Showcase

    JudeAZ is offline
    #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litekepr View Post
    I am not good at the hard sell and I really do not respond well when people try the hard sell with me There is a local author who I see at all the events and she is one of the "in your face" authors and even though the subject and setting of her book is interesting to me - chances are that I won't buy her book.

    There are so many more subtle and less obnoxious ways to promote and I try to use those. True - it doesn't make me a best seller, but I'm reasonably happy with my results

    I promote my ebooks to a point, but I do promote the print more. I list ebook and print for sale on my sale page and people can make their choice about which to buy. I have been encouraged to see the Kindle editions of all but on of my books selling on Amazon.

    I hope you continue to learn new and useful things

    Nikki Leigh
    Thanks, Nikki!

    Kindle is a whole new ball game, isn't it? Have you had many inquiries about your titles there? Does Amazon promote the books they have on Kindle or is it still up to the author?

    ~Jude
    ~Jude


    Jude Johnson
    Author
    The Dragon & Hawk Trilogy (fiction) Champagne Books Website: Jude-johnson.com







  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JudeAZ View Post
    Thanks, Nikki!

    Kindle is a whole new ball game, isn't it? Have you had many inquiries about your titles there? Does Amazon promote the books they have on Kindle or is it still up to the author?

    ~Jude
    It will always be up to the author unless the book is already at the top of the bestseller lists. I haven't had any inquiries, but they are selling -- that's even better. I'm hoping the Kindle will help people grasp that they aren't tied to a computer to read an ebook.

    Nikki
    Award winning Fiction & Non Fiction Author
    "Coastal Suspense w/ a Touch of Romance"
    Book Promo 101 - Learn the Basics of Book Promotion
    www.nikkileigh.com/promo.htm
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •