Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

revision I've been interviewed!

I've been interviewed about 'Captain's Surrender', what it's like being a first time author, whether TV is good for inspiration, what I'm up to now and quite a lot of other stuff too, on Michelle Devon's blog here <http://michys-book-reviews.blogspot....-beecroft.html>

Check it out for breaking news of my new fantasy novel 'The Witch's Boy', and for the not very well kept secret of who is my ultimate writing hero
  2. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Very nice Alex!

You were born in my favorite place (even though I've never been there, but want to go). My great great grandmother on my grandfather's side is from County Cork. My grans side of the family is also from Ireland as well, but I'm not sure where and how far back though.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

where abouts in NI were you born I was born in Dundonald i got my name cos my parents lived in hollywood when i was born
    Hugs
    Hollie

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    Very nice Alex!

You were born in my favorite place (even though I've never been there, but want to go). My great great grandmother on my grandfather's side is from County Cork. My grans side of the family is also from Ireland as well, but I'm not sure where and how far back though.
    I have to admit that we left Ireland when I was four, and for about 10 years afterwards I felt homesick for it. My sister and niece and nephew still live there, in Bangor, County Down, and we used to visit several times a year but that's fallen off since I got married. I have come to accept my essential Englishness now, but it was a struggle!

Quote Originally Posted by hollie View Post
    where abouts in NI were you born I was born in Dundonald i got my name cos my parents lived in hollywood when i was born
    Wow! what a coincidence! I was born in Dundonald too Christened in the cathedral in Belfast. We lived in Bangor. That was where my sister met her husband, and she stayed when we came to England - so we have a link still. It's a great part of the world, though I do remember some very tense years.

Awards Showcase

i was only there about 6 weeks cos dad went to cyprus so mum went home to london i've never been back but i want to especially since we lost Dad
    Hugs
    Hollie

I was there just a couple of months ago - unfortunately for a funeral - but it still has a surprising draw on you. In the South I feel a bit like a guest, but in the North I feel more at home.

Awards Showcase

i mentioned it to mum today that you were born there and got the 3rd degree about when and who and everything she could think of

got your book today thanks
    Hugs
    Hollie

Quote Originally Posted by hollie View Post
    i mentioned it to mum today that you were born there and got the 3rd degree about when and who and everything she could think of

got your book today thanks
    Hurray! I'm glad the book arrived safely And *g* for your mum. I don't remember much more than that, though. Only the rose arches in my mum's garden, and running back from the house of one of my little friends because she had bitten me. Everything else is a blur!

Awards Showcase

they spent along time there but left just after i was born at the moment shes into the hole what if...... bit i think she letting go and admitting that dad's gone and it wasn't her fault
    Hugs
    Hollie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast