Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Reading: The Fast Diet Recipe Book
    Just Finished Reading: Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews
    TBR: Lots!

Awards Showcase

Default The Big Kiss Off

A free promo opportunity for all authors...

I'm totally stealing this idea from Ellora's Cave authors Emily Ryan-Davis and Cara Carnes. This thread is all about kisses.

A kiss is defined as a touch with the lips, especially as a sign of love, affection, greeting, or reverence. Let us read your kiss excerpts.

Authors: post your kiss excerpts (length 200 - 500 words)

Give us the following details:

1. Book title
    2. Author name
    3. Publisher
    4. Genre
    5. Book rating (to keep it simple we'll have sweet, sensual and smokin'. An erotic romance is smokin'. All book sensuality levels are welcome!!)
    6. Author website
    7. A buy link (the book must be published)

If you have any questions send me a private message and I'll get back to you. Meantime, I'll post a couple of my kiss excerpts so you get the idea.

Shelley
    Are you up to PAR?
    Provocative. Adventurous. Risque.
    http://www.ShelleyMunro.com

Awards Showcase

Default Playing to Win by Shelley Munro

Publisher: Cerridwen Press
    Rating: Sensual
    Genre: Romantic Suspense
    Buy link: http://www.cerridwenpress.com/produc...=9781419912320

“Kate,” he murmured. Her name sounded musical when he said it. Shivers strummed low in her belly when he drew her closer. And when he settled her against his firm body, a whole orchestra played.

She cleared her parched throat. “I don’t think we should do this.”

He ignored her and lowered his head. His breath misted across her face, warming her mouth. “I’ve wanted to do this all day. All week. Ever since I first saw you.”

Lane lowered his head, capturing her lips in a masterful kiss. Shock paralyzed her for an instant before she raised her arms to push against his chest.

He drew away immediately. “Kate, I only want to kiss you. Please?”

His hand trailed down her cheek. The air sizzled between them. Frissons of electricity shot from his fingertips, blasting through her body to sink low into her belly.

“You’ve, ah, kissed me.”

“Yeah, but that was only a taste. An appetizer. I want the main course.” His soft lips closed over hers once more.

Oh boy. The man knew how to move his lips. Her bones felt as though they were dissolving on her, no longer capable of holding her upright. Her hands fluttered up to grip his shoulders—an anchor in an emotional storm.

Lane seemed to take this as a signal. He nuzzled the skin behind her ear. She shivered, one sensation layering on top of another. He touched her with his clever fingers, his teeth tugged at her lower lip, nipping then soothing. Heat zipped down her body, gathering momentum, building until she trembled and yearned for his hands on her bare skin.

“Lane,” she whispered. She opened her mouth to his and raised her hands, fingers curling through his soft dark hair.

His hands caressed her back, dragging her closer until they melded together from breast to hip. With her gaze on his, Kate reached for the top button on his shirt.
    Last edited by Shelley Munro; March 28th, 2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: formating
    Are you up to PAR?

Awards Showcase

Default Fallen Idol by Shelley Munro

Publisher: Ellora's Cave
    Rating: Smokin'
    Genre: M/m futuristic
    Buy link: http://www.ellorascave.com/productpage.asp?ISBN=1-4199-0663-1

“Lighten up. Use the kisses to arouse me.” Bob glanced down at his cock. It was there but wasn’t in full working order. Yet. “Help me get ready. It’s known as warm-up out on the contest circuit. Some people call it foreplay.”

Rafi’s jaw worked and a flare of irritation lit his dark eyes. “I know what foreplay is,” he gritted out.

“Then get with the program,” Bob snapped. “Kiss me, dammit. Arouse me.”

“Fine.” Rafi jerked his hand off Bob’s shoulder and glared at him. “I’ll turn you on.” He trailed his fingers across Bob’s chest and leaned in to kiss his neck. His lips nuzzled the skin below his ear and Bob felt Rafi’s tongue lick a slow path downward, the brush of stubble. Rafi pulled away. “How’s that for a start?”

Pretty damned good. But an imp made him want to needle his friend and pretend that the reaction in his body came about because of Fifi. Suppressing a smirk, he glanced down at his cock before meeting Rafi’s dark gaze. “Nothing much stirring.”

Rafi glanced down as well. Bob literally felt his friend’s gaze tracing his cock. He tried really hard to control his reaction but his dick jolted, lengthening while they both watched. Shit. That reaction hadn’t been anything to do with Fifi. He couldn’t seem to hold her image in his mind. Rafi’s handsome face kept intruding. Bob shivered, his blood pumping hotly through his veins as he bit back the need to beg for Rafi to touch him more intimately.

Rafi laughed with a trace of smugness. “You don’t say? I think there’s a bit of reaction in the old boy.”

"Shut up,” Bob growled.

And just like that, the wall of apprehension seemed to disappear in Rafi. His dark eyes sparkled and the corners of his eyes crinkled. Rafi leaned over and pressed a kiss to his lips. Slow. Soft. Thorough. The touch reverberated through Bob. His dick snapped to attention and a groan escaped. Bob tilted his head to change the angle of the kiss, nipping at Rafi’s full lips and paying particular attention to his friend’s sensual lower lip. Closing the slight gap between them, Bob ran his fingers through the short hair at the back of Rafi’s head. The hair prickled across the sensitive pads of his fingers, the contrast in textures arousing. Bob explored further, running his hands over Rafi’s broad shoulders and opening his mouth at the same time to encourage a deepening of the kiss.

Rafi shuddered beneath his questing hands and suddenly Bob wanted more. He wanted—needed—to feel warm skin. He wanted nothing between them. Funny. He’d never wanted to explore Rafi before. Yes, they’d been friends forever but they’d never pushed past friendship. Bob stilled for an instant. The last thing he wanted was to kill their friendship. It was important to him. Very important.
    Last edited by Shelley Munro; March 28th, 2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: formating
    Are you up to PAR?

Default Breach Of Trust - Kimber Chin

Oh, how fun! To twist this up a bit, I'm including a kiss scene not between the hero and heroine but between the hero and one of the heroine's best bud (that adorable scamp Stanley).

1. Book title: Breach Of Trust
    2. Author name: Kimber Chin
    3. Publisher: Champagne Books
    4. Genre: Contemporary Romance
    5. Book rating (to keep it simple we'll have sweet, sensual and smokin'. An erotic romance is smokin'. All book sensuality levels are welcome!!): Sensual
    6. Author website: http://businessromance.com/
    7. A buy link (the book must be published): Will be published May 2008 (oooo... soon!)

“And who,” Stanley turned to Philippe, his hands on his hips, looking the venture capitalist up and down, “may I ask, is this dashing young man?”

“Stanley.” Her wonder slipped into amusement as Anne watched Philippe’s unsettled reaction. “This is Philippe. Philippe, Stanley.”

“You are Stanley.” Philippe actually smiled at that as he reached out to shake Stanley’s hand. Stanley, that pest, wouldn’t have any of that. Having witnessed Nancy’s greeting, he held out his hand expectantly, palm down, wrist limp.

Disbelieving brown eyes slid to Anne and her lips twitched. They both knew what Stanley wanted. Anne cocked her head, silently daring Philippe.

Her answer was a threatening glower. Philippe, not one to back down from any challenge, raised the offered hand to his lips, kissing the air above it and then releasing as quickly as possible, the back of Stanley’s hand not even touched.

The ladies laughed. That diva Stanley, in contrast, was completely charmed, his hands fluttering. “My, my, my, my…” he murmured.

Awards Showcase

LOL, Kimber. That was a fun kiss. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to have to visit your website for more details.

Shelley
    Are you up to PAR?

Awards Showcase

Default Heart of the Wolf by Terry Spear

Heart of the Wolf
    by Terry Spear
    Publisher Sourcebooks Casablanca
    Urban Fantasy
    Sensually hot
    Author website www.terryspear.com
    Buy link http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Wolf-Ter...913220-0206331

Excerpt for first kiss scene in Heart of the Wolf:

Devlyn pulled her to a stop and grabbed her shoulders. “It can never be between us! Volan would hunt us down, both of us. What kind of a life would that be? He’d kill our offspring, too. Is that what you want?

Maybe if I’d been older, stronger, but now he won’t wait to have you.” He shook his head. “Dammit, Bella, as far as the human was concerned, he wouldn’t have wanted you! Can’t you see that? If he’d seen you changed, he would have been repulsed. If he could have discovered a way, he’d have killed you.” He held her tightly, staring into her eyes with a mixture of anger and hunger. “You know what I want from you.”

He was hard and smelled of sex. She sensed his hormones raged, urging him to mount her. Her breath came quickly as she desired his attentions, but feared them, too. Feared them because of what Volan would do to Devlyn if Volan caught him lusting after her. She’d never seen Devlyn so outwardly angry—so filled with venom—so sexually alive.

“You could smell his putrid fear, woman!” He pulled her against his body and kissed her hard against the mouth, no teasing or waiting for her approval. Just pure lust, conquering and decisive. And she loved him, every bit of the dangerous and feral lupus garou that he was.
    Are you up to PAR?

Default Tort & Retort by Maura Anderson

Published by Aspen Mountain Press
    Contemporary Erotic Romance
    Smokin'
    Author Link: http://www.realmsoftheraven.com
    Buy Link: http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/ne.../prod_127.html

He shut the front door quickly, dropped his keys into a wooden bowl on the small entry table and turned to yank Gayle into his arms.

“That drive seemed a whole lot longer than the twenty five minutes my watch said it took.”

She shivered at his impatience. She wound her arms around his neck and pulled his lips down to her own. A soft sigh escaped her at the first touch, and she relaxed into his kiss, parting her lips in welcome. She could taste the intoxicating mixture of chocolate, caramel, wine, and pure Tyler.

His tongue flicked against hers and then began an invasion, rhythmic thrusts interspersed with lush, long strokes. The kiss deepened, devouring and intense.

Pressing herself as close to him as she could get, Gayle rubbed her aching breasts against his chest and threaded her hands into his short hair, relishing the silkiness of the short thick strands against her fingers.

He pulled his lips from hers, tilted his head back and took several unsteady breaths. Detaching her arms from around his neck, he grasped one hand and led her down the short hallway. “Let’s get more comfortable.” >>
    Maura Anderson
    Author of Sensual, Magical, Unconventional Tales
    Bittersweet -- Available NOW from Aspen Mountain Press

www.realmsoftheraven.com

Default Del Fantasma: Texas Tea by Maura Anderson

Del Fantasma: Texas Tea
    by Maura Anderson
    Publisher: Aspen Mountain Press
    Paranormal Erotic Romance
    Smokin' Hot
    Author Website: http://www.realmsoftheraven.com
    Buy Link: http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/te...a/prod_65.html

Lara flew through the air toward him, completely trusting him to catch her. Arms wrapped around his neck and legs around his waist as he yanked her to him. One hand under her ass to support her, his other hand grabbed the back of her head and held it so he could possess her mouth.

His lips devoured hers, hot and consuming. She tasted of spice and honey, an addictive taste he’d never get enough of. Her lips parted on a gasp and his tongue dove past her teeth to entwine with hers, flirting and dancing to a song of love and lust. Parry and retreat, tease and coerce. The velvet feel of her tongue stroking against his made him long for more.

Lara tightened her legs around him and rubbed herself against his rock hard cock, whimpering into his mouth.

He felt like he could come any second, just from the friction through both their clothes. He pulled his mouth from Lara’s, gasping for breath and praying for enough control to get somewhere more private.
    Last edited by Maura Anderson; March 29th, 2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: formatting
    Maura Anderson
    Author of Sensual, Magical, Unconventional Tales
    Bittersweet -- Available NOW from Aspen Mountain Press

www.realmsoftheraven.com
    Reading: Mile 81
    TBR: 8

Awards Showcase

Default Healer of the Heart by Linda Mooney

Healer of the Heart
    by Linda Mooney
    Publisher: DCL Publications
    Genre: fantasy romance (alternate world)
    5. Book rating: Sensual
    6. Author website: www.LindaMooney.com
    7. A buy link (the book must be published): http://www.thedarkcastlelords.com/ro...-fantasies.htm

She slipped her hand, delicate and warm and small-boned, into his. It was like holding a knife with the finest honed edge, for he knew the strength in those hands, and their power.

"Sit next to me?" she asked. "I need a familiar face beside me amid the crowd."

He looked into her eyes and they trapped him, held him, eyes as clear as the rain-filled mornings, and there was the sense of being wrapped in an embrace where time hesitated, stuttered, and stalled. Her face shone with an inner light. For the moment—for eternity—there was only the two of them. Two... as one.

He was drowning in the pool of her face, giving up his life and receiving hers without words passing between them. The sight of her loomed closer and larger, until Querl vaguely realized he was bending over her, reaching for her, waiting and taking her mouth... and feeling the warmth of her lips offered back to him.

She was spring. She was summer. She was the promise held captive by the winter and every faint bloom ready to throw itself open to the suns at first light.

He couldn’t breathe. He didn’t need to. She was also the air, the earth, the sky, and the suns. His heart was pounding as loud as thunder, threatening to break out of his chest as the scent of her reached out and touched the deepest part of him, a part never touched before.

She stepped into his embrace, and he lowered his arms around her shoulders. Then, incredibly, she took another step closer, until her body flowed along his. His hand dropped to the curve of her buttocks. Gradually, gently, he guided her against his engorged member, and her legs parted just enough to allow him faint access between her thighs.

Querl groaned into her sweet-tasting mouth. Fire was racing over his skin. Sweat popped from his pores. Voices in his head were yelling for him to draw her down onto the tapestry and sink into her. To hell with the banquet. To hell with everything except the incredible miracle that was happening between them. Was this part of her power he didn’t know about? Or was it something more?

Then, as unexpected as it had happened, she broke away, hurrying out the door and down the spiraling steps. Standing there with her kiss still vibrant on his lips and the sense of her body melting into his, Querl shook his head to clear the dizziness and wondered what had happened.

revision Captain's Surrender by Alex Beecroft

Book:Captain's Surrender
    Author: Alex Beecroft
    Publisher: Linden Bay Romance
    Genre: m/m historical
    Rating: Sensual

Buy link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/160...cm_arms_pdp_dp

I shouldn’t be doing this. Peter snaked an arm around Josh’s waist, pleased and intrigued by the way even this small touch made his friend’s pulse quicken. He could feel the gasped breath fill the chest pressed against his, and it was uncharted waters from now on, with the forbidden lying like a reef beneath the surface—dangerous, exciting.>>
    How different! He had been lucky enough to know two young ladies in his life, and it seemed natural now to gather his partner gently into his arms, to hold back, careful of her frailty, filled with reverence for a lover so small, so easily hurt. But Andrews was over six feet tall and broader across the shoulders than Peter was himself. Nothing soft about him, and delicate only in spirit. I really should not be doing this.>>
    But he wanted to. The kiss they’d shared onboard the Nimrod had proved another difference. Drunk, faint, and taken by surprise though he had been, he would have needed complete insensibility to miss the fact that Andrews wanted him with a fury. >>
    Both of the ladies Peter had courted had been respectable, and as such they were untainted by lust, accepting his advances out of generosity—pity even. He had always felt vile for imposing on them—a seducer and debaucher of innocent young women whom he had no real intention of marrying; a libertine, a ruiner of lives. With Andrews there would be none of that. No selfishness, no guilt.>>
    He leaned in, barely having to tilt his head, and tentatively touched his lips to Josh’s. That...wasn’t so bad. Really, it wasn’t. The mouth was warm and firm, the lower lip full, yielding, tempting him to bite. Shifting slightly to press closer, he licked it, tasting, and was rewarded with a little whimper that made him feel warm from head to feet. Mmm...yes, nice.>>
    Josh’s arms went around him, pulling him close. A strong hand was behind his head, a second splayed against his spine, stroking down. Easily as that, the balance shifted ,and it was no longer him kissing Andrews, but Andrews kissing him—with an ardor that quite undid him. No one had ever wanted him this much. >>
    It dawned on Peter that he was no longer in control—the responsibility had been taken out of his hands. Unless he wished to struggle like a reluctant maiden, it wasn’t his fault that the hand had twisted into his hair, the kiss deepened and heated, or that the pressure of a hard thigh between his legs had grown into something rather more than merely nice. It was bizarre to be on the receiving end of a tide of desire he couldn’t equal, unnatural to be the one who had to be coaxed, pleased, seduced, but—God!—the relief! The uncomplicated joy of it. >>
    He heard himself make a low rumble of encouragement, almost a moan, and then Andrews was frantically shoving him away, the caressing hands holding him at a distance. >>
    > >
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast