Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kindle?

Reading: Mistress in the Art of Death, Ariana Franklin
    TBR: 53 :(

Awards Showcase

xreading Kindle?

What does everyone think of it? I've heard mixed reviews...if you listen to Amazon, it's the best thing since sliced bread (but then, of course they'd say that, they have to!) but others are not so convinced...

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

i think it's very expensive there are a lot out there for less i know i keep looking longingley at them
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: 5 books
    TBR: 8

Awards Showcase

Cool Kindle

I've heard the grey screen is hard to read. I am a little 'miffed' at the fact they are only converting US publisher's books. There is a whole world of books out there that I can read on my Palm or PC.
    My Websites: www.writer-writer.com and www.wealthy-writer.com I reply to all coments 'forum style'
    Reading: Dragon Wytch, by Yasmine Galenorn
    TBR: Many

Awards Showcase

I have both the ebookwise and Sony readers and a palm pilot. I can recommend both of them, and just can't justify the cost of the Kindle. I guess they have a captive audience with the Amazon users out there. It looks complicated and since it is new I don't know how reliable it is. I will stick with the two I have. I already know that Sony stands behind it's products. Mine broke not too long after I got it. I sent it to them for repair, they told me they were going to charge me about $90 but when it was returned to me it worked just fine and they did not charge me a dime. The ebookwise is a workhorse and I have had it for about 4 years with no problems at all, and it is backlit so if I am working a nightshift, I can read in my car!!!
    Reading: Nothing - until I get this book finished
    TBR: 23

Awards Showcase

I like the idea of paying once and never having to pay for a monthly service again to download the books.

Also like the idea of getting blogs and newspapers on there. But the price will have to come down a little more before I shell out the $$. Mostly b/c I haven't used one. If I did and I adored it, then I'd probably pay the current price.

I do look forward to having all my ebooks in one small place though.

Awards Showcase

I've just ordered the sony 505 i'll let you know what i think when it gets here
    Hugs
    Hollie

I bought a Kindle when they came down to $350. Now I think they're 329. Isnt' that always the way?

Still, I'm happy with it. I love the ability to email my own files directly to the device. The display is easy to read and I've had not problem either using the Kindle store or reading third-party files on it. The page forward and back buttons on the edges of the thing can be a bit annoying, but I've gotten used to it.

FYI, the Kindle formatted files appear to be the same as mobipocket, only with a different suffix. A friend was able to read them on her reader by simply changing the suffix to .prc.

The smart money is probably on Version 2.O, but I just couldn't wait, and on the whole, I'm glad I didn't, since I was reading everything on the computer before and that was not nearly as much fun.

http://friskbiskit.com
    Last edited by Jessica Freely; July 3rd, 2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: want to add website

Awards Showcase

My Sony PRS 505 has arrived it's wounderful simple to understand and easy to read it also does photo's and mp3's only had it a few hours but so 5 star
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: Dragon Wytch, by Yasmine Galenorn
    TBR: Many

Awards Showcase

Cloud 9 Sony

Quote Originally Posted by hollie View Post
    My Sony PRS 505 has arrived it's wounderful simple to understand and easy to read it also does photo's and mp3's only had it a few hours but so 5 star
    Glad you love it. I love mine, just wish the PDF's would load larger. Tried the upgrade, but it didn't help. I have the 500 though, not the 05
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

I want an ebook reader. I'll have to shop around and see if they're out over here in Australia yet.