Quote Originally Posted by mamasand2 View Post
My problen SJ, is that I haven't studied humor and that there may even be a generation gap(I would deny it of course). I'm familiar with The Three Stooges humor and even some of the Marx brother's stuff. So now with what you said, I can identify slap stick from that. However the Harvard Lampoon books and The Bored of the Rings I've never even heard of.
I'm still getting a lot out of this and out of just being around you and your friends and watching you at ?work/play?.
sandie
Bored of the Rings is a very usual book. It's a parody of Lord of the Rings (as you probably guess from the name) it was originally printed in 1967 and had it's last reprint in 2007. It's one of the longest running written parodies of the modern day. Most of them don't survive more than a couple of print runs, let alone almost fifty years of them.

I only recommend it if you're not a Lord of the Rings purist, (it would offend you) and you like the Pratchett style slapstick humor. I loved it as a teenager. Enough that I can remember bits of it twenty five years later.

S.J.