Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold!

Default Sold!

I just got a contract from SteamyAudio for Lilac Memories that I sent in a few weeks back! I'm thrilled. This will be my very first audio 'book'! heehee. Dancing.
    Tami Parrington
    Executive Managing Editor
    Lady Aibell Press
    Editor/Author Blog
    Author Home Page
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Wink

Congratulations! That is wonderful!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

That's too cool. An audio book. You rock!

Yeah it's kind of exciting, they're going to send me the file of it when it's done. I can't wait to hear it. I've never had an audio version of one of my stories. I DO know it's hard to do. After I sold this one, I thought, hey, that's kind of a cool idea, maybe I could record an excerpt and have it on my site for those who'd rather 'hear' it. Now, without being too immodest, I have a fair speaking voice, and don't read in 'monotone' so it came out fairly well... the TRICK is not stumbling in places, or you know, taking that wrong breath, or just any number of things that can foul up even just a short page or so. I can't imagine how many 'takes' it would take to do a complete even short story smoothly.

But hey, I'm happy--they're doing it--not me.... AND I got my check already from them about a week ago! You have to love a company that pays so promptly.
    Tami Parrington
    Lady Aibell Press
    Editor/Author Blog
    Author Home Page

Voice work is fun, but not easy. It sounds easy, after all, you only have to talk, right?

Wrong. LOL

And yes, gotta love prompt payment.

Awards Showcase

Red face

I have always wondered how that works? Do you have any say in how they do that? Do you get to approve it before they put it out?

Yes, I am nosey!

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    I have always wondered how that works? Do you have any say in how they do that? Do you get to approve it before they put it out?

Yes, I am nosey!
    No worries.

I've not done much. I did some commercials many moons ago. That was a...poorly budgeted...organization. (Read: I never got paid for it.) I had to set my own sound levels and everything. Basically, I was shoved into a sound booth with a script. Luckily, I'd run sound equipment for stage and knew a few of the switches to throw. It sounded great in the sound booth (after a couple of takes), but when I heard it live the levels were off. I wanted to record it again, but the manager lady wouldn't let me.

I also showed up as a side character for a children's radio show in Richmond. That was nice. The sound crew was excellent and let me redo a clip even if they thought it was good. To be honest, I'm not sure which take actually aired.

Then I had the odd recording done for various stage promos and stuff.

In my younger years, I wanted to be on stage. Then I drifted to the technical and stage manager side of things. Now, I hide completely behind a keyboard. LOL! My, my how things change.

Wait. I'm a whopping 31 years old. Am I really old enough to have "younger years" ? Say it ain't so!

Awards Showcase

Red face

It isn't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    It isn't so!
    Sweet.

A cup you have so many years to flip around back and forth yet, you may have 'younger years' now, but you have plenty of future years yet to come.

Karenne, for this instance, I have no control over the final audio product, and do not have a say in how it turns out. They said they will send me a copy when it's finished, but not for approval, just for having. They have already paid me, and it's a done deal. LOL. Contracts were signed and the check followed it immediately (which as you know, as an author that puts them heads and tails up in the 'above board' catagory in my book. LOL)
    Tami Parrington
    Lady Aibell Press
    Editor/Author Blog
    Author Home Page
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast