Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reading: Walk on the Wild Side by Christine Warren
    TBR: 20

Awards Showcase

Default Good Evening Coffee Time Readers,

Sorry to be so late, but I got called in to work today. And without further delay...

I love my cover. The cover is part of what inspired me to write this story. When the submissions call for the Vampire Oracle went out last year, I couldn't quit staring at this cover. I looked at all of them, read every premise and I kept coming back to this one. And I am glad I did.

Here is a blurb for Innocence.

Joss has always believed that becoming a vampire was the coward's way out. His guilt has eaten at him his entire existence. His fear of accidentally draining a bed mate has kept him a celibate vampire for 150 years.

Elizabeth's voice on the radio captivates him. The living world suddenly holds a new allure for him. When tragedy strikes and he has to turn her to save her life, can he accept her belief that seeking life is what takes courage?
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Your book sounds great Lia.

Poor Joss being celibate for 150 years. Maybe his luck is about to change.

Awards Showcase

Default Excerpt 1 The Vampire Oracle:Innocence

The Vampire Oracle:Innocence>

Joss stood in the shadows outside the coffee shop. He’d tried telling himself he was stupid. That she was just another girl. He’d had friendships through the years. When that didn’t work, he tried to convince himself to cancel. She was safer if he never crossed her path again. He spent the last four hours trying to reason his way out of this predicament without any success. He could see her sitting there alone, waiting for him.
    Closing his eyes, he tried to think. He turned away from the window and took two steps before turning back and walking to the door. His hand tightened on the handle as he drew in a deep, calming breath before opening the door and stepping into the bright interior.
    Elizabeth raised her head from studying the menu when the bell over the door jingled. A smile curved her lips as he crossed the black and white tiled floor to the red vinyl booth where she sat. He stopped as he reached her, unsure if he would really be welcomed.
    “I’m so glad you made it,” she said, her smile reminded him of the sunrise, full of hope and promise of a new beginning.
    “Sorry. I know I am late.” He slid into the booth opposite her.
    “Hey, I’m glad you came. Do you want a cup of coffee?”
    “Yeah.” Joss raised his hand to grab the waitress’ attention.
    After the waitress brought him a cup, they sat in silence. Joss didn’t want to be the first one to talk.
    Everything about Elizabeth screamed at him to run. He’d made a decision about how he would live his life, and he hadn’t been tempted to break his own rules for over a hundred years. He’d never been tempted this much. He should leave. For her safety and his own, he really needed to go.
    “Joss.” Elizabeth said his name quietly.
    He jerked his head up to look at her and met her gaze across the stained white Formica tabletop. Her blue eyes stripped away his insecurities. He wanted to know her. He needed to.
    “I don’t normally let my hormones get the better of me, but I haven’t been able to think about anything other than seeing you tonight.”
    “I really wanted to see you again, too,” he admitted.
    “Do you want anything other than coffee? I had dinner earlier, but if you want something, it won’t bother me if you eat in front of me.”
    “No, I already had...something.” At least his dinner tonight wasn’t drunk or drugged, just down on his luck. He sent him home with a hundred dollars in his pocket and a renewed sense of purpose. Most people would consider it a fair trade.

Copyright 2008-Lia Morgan
    Reading: Walk on the Wild Side by Christine Warren

Awards Showcase

Default Excerpt 2 from The Vampire Oracle:Innocence

And just so you don't think he stays celibate long...

The Vampire Oracle:Innocence
    Joss led her in to the living room. Built-in bookshelves flanked a large fireplace, and Elizabeth released his hand to cross to it. She ran her fingers lightly over the intricate mantel. Below, a carved panel depicted a stag on a hillside, his antlers raised to the sky.
    She knelt to get a better look, then turned back to look at him with unshed tears making her eyes sparkle. “Did you carve that?”
    “It was one of the first things I did when I bought this house.”
    “Joss, this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.”
    “Thank you.”
    “It is really remarkable.”
    “I used to hunt with my father. I remember one morning the sun coming up over a hill. There was just a hint of frost on the ground. The air held that crisp bite of fall. I looked up, and there was a buck standing there. He lifted his head just as the sun rose behind him. He stood there framed in the morning light. Then the wind changed, he caught our scent, and bolted away into the woods.”
    “Wow. You talk like it was just yesterday.”
    Joss pulled in a deep breath. If she only knew just how long ago it was. He shook his head and looked away from her.
    “It was the last time we went hunting together. I left home not long after that. My father died before we had another chance to hunt together.”
    Elizabeth stood up, reached out for his hand, pulled him to her, and hugged him, laying her head against his shoulder.
    “If I said that I understood how you felt, that would be a lie. Actually, I would be perfectly happy to never understand that. But if you ever want to talk about your family, I will be happy to listen.”
    He wrapped his arms around her waist and lifted her off the floor as he hugged her. He turned in a circle before placing a kiss on the tip of her nose and letting her slide down his body until her feet reached the floor.
    “See, that is just part of what I like about you,” he said. “You’re the most open and understanding woman I think I have ever met.”
    Elizabeth slid one of her hands up his chest and cupped his jaw before threading her fingers through his hair. She leaned away to look him in the eyes. “What else do you like about me?”
    Her blue eyes were full of mischief as she looked up at him. Her position pushed her breasts against him, and she took a deep breath, lifting them even higher.
    Joss sighed in surrender. He didn’t have the strength to resist her any longer. His efforts had been futile since the first moment he saw her standing over the body of her attacker with a can of mace in her hands, prepared to take him on as well.
    He tightened his arms around her again, pulling her against him, then lowered his lips to hers, placing little kisses at each of the corners and center of her bottom lip. He nipped lightly at her plump lip before soothing it with his tongue. Then he slanted his mouth over hers, and his tongue breached her lips to twine itself around hers.
    He slid one hand down to her butt, splaying his fingers over the round globe of her bottom before dropping lower to slid one arm down to lift her completely off the ground.
    She parted her legs, and he lifted her higher. Feeling her warmth through the fabric of his jeans, he lifted one knee to rub against her with his denim-clad thigh. She wiggled in his arms, her mouth never leaving his, and lifted her legs and wrapped them around his waist.
    She dragged her lips away from his to kiss along his jaw, her breath hot against his neck. He groaned as she caught his earlobe between her teeth.
    He lifted her even higher and paused for a moment, his lips covering the steady pulse at her neck. Her intoxicating scent coupled with her hammering pulse beneath his lips was almost more than he could bear. His incisors lengthened against her skin, and he jerked his mouth away from her. Instead of biting her, he buried his face against her chest.
    Pushing the neckline of her blouse to one side, he buried his face between her breasts, pressing his lips to the delicate curve. His tongue slid across her soft skin.

Copyright 2008-Lia Morgan
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Another great excerpt Lia. I love the little conversation they have. It's so cute!

May 2007

Awards Showcase

Thank you. Glad I could perk up your Tuesday!

Thanks so much for having us here today. I've enjoyed sharing some of my gorgeous cover art and excerpts from my books with all of you!

Have a great rest of the week.

The Seductive Suspense of Ericka Scott

www.erickascott.com
    Reading: Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder
    Just Finished Reading: The Queen's Bastard by C.E. Murphy
    TBR: 12

Awards Showcase

Thank you for sharing your captivating blurbs and excerpts!
    ~ Tibby Armstrong

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123