Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Hybrid View

Xthud A Day in the Life...

So here's my thought, I'll start this running thread and try to post several times a week about the fascinating, scintillating, glamorous life of an author...namely me.

And if you're still with me and not rolling on the floor laughing like my kids were, we're all good!

So what was the glamorous author (me ) doing today? Well, besides seetting up my new forum room here, Dale's been home since Friday, and it had been about three weeks since I'd seen him. Dale's my fiance for anyone who doesn't know, and he drives a cargo van for a living, so he's on the road about 3 weeks out of the month. But we carry on. lol

So we went to see Hitch Friday night in our local park. You know, picnics, movies under the stars, that kind of thing. It was wonderful! Then we spent much of Saturday watching Policeman vs Fireman on meta cafe...if you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out my blog today, there's a youtube box and a link to the site. It's too funny!

I just love being with Dale so much, he makes me laugh like crazy. We don't even have to be doing anything, I just like being in the same space with him. Of course, best of all is I don't think I've ever felt so loved in all my life. It confounds me to be honest. I don't speak with most members of my family and outside of Kevin and Mark (my two best friends) I don't really have a ton of friends, I'm a bit of a recluse.

So this leads up to last week's struggles. I was struggling with everything! Writing stuff, life stuff, kid stuff, house stuff. blech blech blech So yeah, it was a week! To be fair, I do tend to over think everything, but I find that things sort of all come to a head all at the same time and it gets overwhelming, to say the least. As the new week has dawned, however, peace has resumed.

I struggle with guilt for ending my marriage, and compound that with the need to make my new life amazing so I can somehow justify my leaving, and it makes a VERY stressed Samantha. My friend Kevin told me last week that if I spent half the time I spend chasing my tail with "what ifs", writing instead, I'd have a fifty books out.

He had a point.

And it's not that I didn't already know that, but for some reason when he said it, it hit home and made me start thinking in a different direction. Then Dale comes home and I told him how I'm constantly fretting that he'll realize I'm sooooo not worth the effort and dump me. So anyway, serious conversation ensued and it went very well.

Hell, we even did a budget, and there wasn't one tense moment!!! No arguing, no hurt feelings, no anger, nothing! We were on the exact same page!!!

I've never had that experience in my life!

He did have one teeny issue that he wanted me to work on... I have a real need to constantly see it as my money and his money (primarily because he has soooooo much more of it than I do!) and he wants me to stop that. It's our money apparently. He trusts me and really truly loves me!! It's amazing.

I think it'll be a while before I've assimilated all that went on this weekend, but lets just say, I think I'm going into life with the intention of relaxing and enjoying it. How successful I'll be, who knows, but I'm going to try.

I did lose another 2.4 pounds last week, my second week officially on Weight Watchers. For more info on that you can check out my personal blog, I usually blog on Saturdays about weight coz that's the day I weigh in Blech :P But anyway, I'm psyched over that! Although with Dale home, we've eaten out and had drinks and I've over indulged at least once, but I'm not worried about it. I won't see him again for another month and I was somewhat careful with my choices. So if I've gained this week, I'm not giving up and I'm not hating myself for it. It's just back on track the second Dale walks out the door.

In writing news, I'm VERY excited about a new series of books I'm working on now...and when I say series, well, I'm still in the initial stages of plotting, but the idea is to release a new book (about 50k) in this series every other month for at least two years!

What I'm hoping is to have people anxiously waiting for the next book in the series every month! I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am about this. It'll be something unlike anything else out there, so it's a gamble, but my heart is so deeply invested, I'm hoping it pays off!

Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Have a great rest of the week all...and RELAX!!!
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

2. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Okay, you sounds about like me, but I have different problems. I'm still always "what ifing" things even though it's not always worth it. LOL!
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

I still IF and BUT usually about the kids or money - not as much now - stopping smoking helped with the money cos we didn't let what we where saving slip into the household buget we try and save (at least some ) of it for other stuff. as for the kids i've found if i chase my tail about them to much i mix them up and they usually sort thing out for themselfs - see there is a plus to having 4 kids.
    Hope all goes well with your series a book every other month sounds like alot of work
    Hugs
    Hollie

Welcome to the coffee time forums - and congrats on your success! I can so relate to your "what-ifs" - I'm constantly second guessing myself.
    ~Debora

It's always the right time to fall in love at DeboraDennis.com

Scribbling Through Time (blog): http://deboradennis.blogspot.com

Visit my CoffeeTimeRomance Reader Group!

OMG Dani, you have no idea! It's gotten quite bad lately, but between Kevin and Mark, I think they've kind of given me the shake I needed, so I'm going to try to cut back on the over thinking and try to just relax and enjoy more. All things considered, I'm an extremely lucky woman. ;-)

Hollie, I have 2 kids and Dale has 2 kids, so I suddenly have 4!!! I have soooooo much respect for you! lol My two though are 14 and nearly 18. I think I'm learning with them, I've done good by them and they're smart kids, so I'm definitley not quite as assualted but the waht ifs when it comes to them...not quite. lol

As for the series, I'm sure it will be a lot of work, but when I'm in writing mode, I write like a fiend! I think every other month will be about the perfect rate for me, but who knows, once I get into it, I may have to adjust, but I hope not.

Hi Debora and thanks for the welcome! I've just signed on with Blade myself, so that means we're related now. And congrats on your book, I saw some fabulous reviews for it!
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

6. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne

Awards Showcase

I have a son with an autistic spectrum disorder, so I seem to "what if" a lot of the time. Then I try to chill out and re-evaluate the situation and decide. It gets bad sometimes, but some how I manage.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Default I'm Tired

It could have something to do with staying up until six in the morning two nights in a row, but whatever, I'm still tired! lol

And why did you stay up so late?

Writing? ...nope.

Trouble at home? ...nope

Insomnia? ...nope.

I was addictively playing The Sims2!

I don't let myself play that game very often, because when I do, it's like an alcoholic going on a bender! I don't come up for days!!!! The other day, you see, was just a long day of dead ends and by around ten o'clock or so, I decided to just call it a night, climb in bed, order take-out and knock up sims for the rest of the night...sim babies are SO cute... anwyay...

Good plan.

BUT

My sims had "other" plans!!!

First off, I decide I'm going to create a nice little couple, career focused, but with a bit of a playful side, put them in a house together from the start, turn off their aging and let them rise to the top levels of their career tracks, then start knocking her up till they've had a bagillion kids!

But when I went back in to create the guy, the sim generator gave me a second girl instead, and she was sooooooooooooo cute, I couldn't delete her. So I made her the first girl's sister, and decided they could all live in the same house together and decided for themselves who would pair up.

Not a bad plan, so off we go.

It was clear from the beginning that the business sim (Fern) was far more interested in her career as a professional dancer then she was in the guy. And the guy (Kieren) first entered the military, then became a musician, while Jaqui (the sister) became a home body, cleaning, cooking , making friends, and planting a garden. It was all lovely, until my cheat window refused to open and I couldn't turn off the aging!!! =O

So there they all are, aging away madly! and living their happy little sim lives. Eventually Jaqui and Kieren (yes with a small nudge from me, because they did nothing on their own!) started flirting, which led to kissing, which led to making out, which led to SEX!!! which led to a surprise proposal at the breakfast table one morning.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

So all was good.

Until Jaqui became a little obsessed with her garden.

Dun dun dun...

All she cared about was her garden and she was spending more and more time out there until finally, one day, I looked up...AND SHE'D BECOME A PLANT SIM!!!!!

A walking breathing plant.

It was bad, so now all she needed was love (which she got from talking to her eggplants) water and sunlight to survive, unlike regular sims who had environmental needs, food needs, entertainment needs, and so on and so on.

So she continued on with her garden obsession, much to the distraughtness of her fiance and her sister.

Eventually they began trying interventions. The sister called the garden club because she knew they sold the potion to unplant yourself, but when the garden club woman arrived, all Jaqui did was request membership!

Then the sister, feeling bad for the fiance, started flirting with him, herself! Eventually they were caught in a romantic embrace and there was much slapping! Everyone was mad at everyone!!!

One day the fiance had had ENOUGH! He wanted his fiancee back. He wanted to get married and have children! So he called the garden club, intent on buying the potion himself and FORCING Jaqui to take it! But when they arrived, she refused to answer the door!

So he FUCKED Fern!!!!!

Who of course as a result ended up pregnant!!!

They felt very guilty, but for the sake of their baby, decided to try and move on from Jaqui and see if they had a future together.

Meanwhile, Jaqui was in sunlight deprivation, but she kept trying to go take a shower! If she didn't get sunlight for a long period of time, she would pass out, maybe even DIE!

So I told her to go sit on the front lawn and watch the clouds for a bit.

It seemed peaceful.

And I'm sure it was...

UNTIL THE METEOR FELL FROM THE SKY AND CRUSHED HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And then the grim reaper came, but since she'd been on such bad terms with her sister and fiance (whom she'd recently broken up with because she felt it was only right that he be with his baby, so he's all kinds of pissed with her, coz he still loved her and wanted to marry her) anyway, bad terms...the grim reaper REFUSED to listen to their pleas for mercy and took her!!!!!

OMG!!!!!

So now...

(and yes it was about this point in the story that Z --my oldest-- said, I'm leaving. I refuse to hear one more word about your desperate housesims. Can you believe that??!!)

Anyway, so Fern and Kieren can't stand to live in the house they'd shared lo these many years (plus they are a little worried what the pissed off ghost may do to them), so after the baby is born (a boy they named Julian) they move to a new house with the intention of making a life together work.

But once there, some new neighbors come to greet them and lo and behold if Kieren doesn't take one look at Gracie and fall head over heels in love at first sight with her!!!!!

So now he has a terrible dilemma. What does he do? Stay with the mother of his child, in a loveless marriage, or take a chance on happiness with Gracie?

OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!

So that's where my weekend has disappeared to so far and I swear, I have the least supportive kids on the planet. Z's always wanting to rain on my parade...sniffle, he's all, "You do realize these are sims right? They don't have free thought!

LOL sheesh! Obviously he's never played the game. Of course they do! lmao!!!

So anyway in other news, I'm in second round edits on Unatamable. I'm starting a new writing project tomorrow for a charity call. yay! And this week in weight loss...well, lets just call it a learning week.

And what did we learn?

You can't not drink water, and eat at steak houses and McDonalds and Chinese buffets and have alcoholic beverages and still lose weight!

I KNOW!

You must clearly be as shocked as I am!!!

Ok fine, so I blew it this week, but Dale was home!

And yes that was whining you heard.

Anyway, the sound you hear now is me, dusting myself off and starting fresh this week. And next time Dale comes home, I need a better plan than, "go hog wild!" sheesh. :P

Ok off to play more sims, I'm taking the weekend off!! What a concept. lol

Have a fabulous week everyone! ~ Samantha

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

What a great way to spend a weekend me and Jojo like the sims but we haven't tried sims 2 yet
    Hugs
    Hollie

9. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne

Awards Showcase

Dang woman! I haven't had a video game do that to me since Tetris and Frogger (Geesh, I'm so showing my age). Well, I take that back, I have Sudoku on my Brain Age game that I play over and over again. I really need to get something different, but there's not a lot that appeals to me. I like the older video games. I had one called Jungle Hunt (for my Intellivision system) that I loved to play. Oh, and I can't forget Burger Time. That one got the attention of my mom AND dad (and my dad never played video games). LOL!

I've heard about the PAWS for Thought books from Blade Publishing. Abby came over and mentioned it in their section in Java Junction, so if any of the authors here were interested they could submit something. Michael Elan is going to be the cover model for the books since it's his organization, It's Meow or Never, that the profits are going to once the royalties are paid. I think it's a great idea!
    Dani

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    Dang woman! I haven't had a video game do that to me since Tetris and Frogger (Geesh, I'm so showing my age).

On the whole, I get sucked into games waaaaay too easily and lose vast amounts of time, which is why I love the downloadable hour long demo! I figure I play that, after an hour, it quits on me, and I go back to real life. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IrishWolf View Post
    I've heard about the PAWS for Thought books from Blade Publishing. Abby came over and mentioned it in their section in Java Junction, so if any of the authors here were interested they could submit something. Michael Elan is going to be the cover model for the books since it's his organization, It's Meow or Never, that the profits are going to once the royalties are paid. I think it's a great idea!
    Yep that's the one. I have three great ideas for a story and I keep thinking I've decided, then I keep second guessing myself. lol Oh well, I've got edits anyway, but I need to get going on this!

And on a side note, Abby is fabulous! And I highly recommend Blade Publishing. I only say that, because I know how skittish people are these days about new e-pubs (myself included) so anytime I can slip in how wonderful I think they are, I do. ;-)

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast