Thread: Taking a shot

Default Taking a shot

Well, I just submitted my mainstream comedy cop thriller to the Court TV crime fiction contest. Crossing fingers. Grand prize (only prize) is $1000.00 and a chance to be published by Reagan Press (imprint of Harper Collins). I don't know if they'll bite on it since it's got such a tongue-in-cheek comedy element, but it's a shot. I know where I want to sub it if it doesn't get selected by CTV though, so it's cool and no pressure (much anyway, lol). I am anxious for December 11th now since that's the 1st round judging.
    Tami Parrington
    Executive Managing Editor
    Lady Aibell Press
    Editor/Author Blog
    Author Home Page
  2. Mary E

you'll be great
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Red face

So when do you find out Tami?
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

I'll find out about the first round on December 11th. Final judging I believe is something like the 28th of December.

The same story (1st chapter) is also entered in 'City Paper's' crime story contest. The deadline for that one is Dec 11th, I'm not exactly sure when they notify on it.

It's gonna be a tense December around here. LOL
    Tami Parrington
    Lady Aibell Press
    Editor/Author Blog
    Author Home Page
  5. Mary E

And again I say your great no worries . So girl go grab a fine man in a fine book so you ca put him away when ur done or better yet for those ofus who love you open a blank word Document and write a holiday freebie for us. Either thing will eventually melt the stress

As a fan I vote freebie as a Mod I can't vote but if i could I'd second my first vote plssssssss

You know what, Mary? You've just inspired me. A little holiday gift is in the works.
    Tami Parrington
    Lady Aibell Press
    Editor/Author Blog
    Author Home Page