Hybrid View

Default Wrap Up Deep Point of View Workshop

I want to take a minute to thank Coffee Time for hosting this workshop and to thank everyone who participated for their participation. I had a great time teaching the workshop. I hope that everyone learned something that will speed their journey toward publication and the bestseller lists.

If you've enjoyed the workshop and would like to be kept aware of my other workshop presentations please subscribe to the writers newsletter at the Black Velvet Seductions website. Our periodic newsletter will keep you up to date on all my workshop presentations as well as new educational opportunities through a new site we are launching for authors. The new site which is not yet live is designed to be a resource and educational platform for authors. I will be offering a wide range of workshops in concert with the new site over the coming months.

Laurie Sanders
    Black Velvet Seductions
    http://www.blackvelvetseductions.com
    Black Velvet Seductions publishes romance, erotic romance, romantic suspense, paranormal romance, historical romance, and short erotic spanking stories with a strong focus on the relationship between hero and heroine.

Check us out for free books and ebooks every day!

Website
    Blog
    Coffee Time Forum
    MySpace

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

Thanks Laurie it's been interesting from a readers pov as well i have a better understanding why some books work and some well just dont
    Hugs
    Hollie

Awards Showcase

Yeah

Thank you, Laurie,
    I wish I'd found this workshop at the beginning of the month. You have been a wonderful help to me. Deep pov is the difference between a good story and a great experience. I can't thank you enough. I hope we meet again. I've made a note of your newsletter.
    Best wishes,
    Rusty

Hi Rusty,

I wish you'd found the workshop sooner too...but it is one that I teach frequently in different venues. I expect to teach it again before long...next time probably via the Black Velvet Seductions Romance Writers University which is a new venue still under construction. It is not part of BVS proper, but is kind of a sister site...devoted to authors. Do check it out. :-) http://bvs-romance-writer-u.com Bear in mind it is still under construction...it's got the structure but is still light on specifics. Those will be coming soon.

I'm happy to hear you've made note of our newsletter too. Don't forget our Saturday night chats. :-) Those are held in the Black Velvet Seductions chat room. Just go to http://www.blackvelvetseductions.com and then click on the link that says chat room. :-) We discuss a variety of topics there...really anything any author wants to ask or discuss is open for discussion there.

Laurie
    Black Velvet Seductions publishes romance, erotic romance, romantic suspense, paranormal romance, historical romance, and short erotic spanking stories with a strong focus on the relationship between hero and heroine.

Website
    Blog
    Coffee Time Forum
    MySpace

Default Thanks Hollie

Thanks Hollie,

I am glad it was interesting from a readers point of view as well as only from a writer's point of view. One of the key points of this and all of my workshops really, is that everything we do as writers should really be to make the reading experience more enjoyable for the reader. The means are different in fiction vs. non-fiction. But as authors, the people we work for are readers. :-)

I'm very pleased the workshop was interesting to you, and that it illuminated one of the big reasons why sometimes a work that seems promising doesn't live up to the promise.

Laurie

Quote Originally Posted by hollie View Post
    Thanks Laurie it's been interesting from a readers pov as well i have a better understanding why some books work and some well just dont

Website
    Blog
    Coffee Time Forum
    MySpace

Awards Showcase

Default Thanks Laurie

Thanks Laurie, this was a great workshop. Thanks also to Coffee Time Romance for hosting it.

Laurie, I wish I had the time to participate in the exercises. I have read through the notes and found them enlightening. I still have to read all the participants' exercises and your responses, but so far, they've been very educational and answered a few questions for me.

Your presentation and feedback show what an amazing teacher you are.

Hannah

Thank you very much Hannah. I'm delighted to hear that you found the notes and mark ups on the exercises to be educational. I think that a lot of what is learned from this particular workshop is learned from really looking at examples.

I'm delighted you enjoyed the workshop.

Laurie

Website
    Blog
    Coffee Time Forum
    MySpace
    Reading: In Byron's Shadow/Ashley Barnard
    Just Finished Reading: The Broken Sword by Liane Moonraven
    TBR: tons

Awards Showcase

Laurie,

Thank you, and Coffee Time, for offering such an enlightening experience. I plan to keep all the notes for reference and rework the exercises as well.

All the best,
    ~Jude
    ~Jude

Jude Johnson
    Author
    The Dragon & Hawk Trilogy (fiction) Champagne Books Website: Jude-johnson.com

Excellent Jude. I'm delighted you found the workshop an enlightening experience.

Laurie

Website
    Blog
    Coffee Time Forum
    MySpace
    Reading: Patricia Cornwell

Awards Showcase

Well, better late than never I guess...that's how things are running lately...dang it!! Thanks to Laurie for the awesome workshop and to Coffee Time for hosting it! As always...I've learned a bit more.Thanks!!

Lee
    Lee Rush, Author
    Black Velvet Seductions
    "Bound by Fate"
    "The Crimson Z"
    blackvelvetseductions.com