Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Reading: John Updike - Rabbit, Run
    TBR: 1000s

Awards Showcase

Typing Critique partners v 2.0

I see that this suggestion was raised over a year ago and wonder if anything came of it.

I've trawled through the site looking for any sign of a writer-reader hook-up thread with no success. Or did I miss something?

A pinned/sticky thread where writers can display a sample of their wares, outline the kind of help they'd like and tout for writing partner/beta reader/critique would be really helpful.

I had a really good partner for a while until she was carried away by a relationship crisis and I've never found a replacement, despite searching for nearly two years now.
    Sacred cows make the best burgers.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Nope. Nothing ever came of it. Some people liked it, some loved it, some hated it. BUT nothing concrete came about.

Anyone else?
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Reading: Go Fetch- Shelly Laurenston
    Just Finished Reading: Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston
    TBR: Lots

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Tikiboom View Post
    I see that this suggestion was raised over a year ago and wonder if anything came of it.

I've trawled through the site looking for any sign of a writer-reader hook-up thread with no success. Or did I miss something?

A pinned/sticky thread where writers can display a sample of their wares, outline the kind of help they'd like and tout for writing partner/beta reader/critique would be really helpful.

I had a really good partner for a while until she was carried away by a relationship crisis and I've never found a replacement, despite searching for nearly two years now.
    I'm new here! I think I may have missed something good! Are you looking for people to read your stuff and tell you our opinions, etc.? Because, I am up for that!
    Happy Reading,
    Kimberly

Contest Coordinator for CTR

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    I'm new here! I think I may have missed something good! Are you looking for people to read your stuff and tell you our opinions, etc.? Because, I am up for that!
    Right, no-one else touch Kimberly! I saw her first! She's MINE!!!

Thanks for replying! I've left a message you at your profile thingie. I'll definitely get back to you.

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

I've done it before if anyone wants help it's fun I enjoyed it
    Hugs
    Hollie

TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Question

Okay...well if we are going to do this..then lets figure out how to set it up.

Suggestions? I can set up a new area that is called Critique Partners. But what exactly do we want in it? A Classified section? An area that allows people to post? What?
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Reading: Go Fetch- Shelly Laurenston
    Just Finished Reading: Pack Challenge by Shelly Laurenston
    TBR: Lots

Awards Showcase

I don't know how to go about it! Tikiboom posted a note in my profile and we've been chatting back and forth! What's expected? What's needed? The usual type of questions. I would think that a classified would work well! That way the authors can post what they're looking for and the people who respond won't be surprised once they get involved.
    Happy Reading,
    Kimberly

Contest Coordinator for CTR

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    Okay...well if we are going to do this..then lets figure out how to set it up.

Suggestions? I can set up a new area that is called Critique Partners. But what exactly do we want in it? A Classified section? An area that allows people to post? What?
    On the websites I've visited, there's usually a posting template, such as:

I'm looking for: [example]someone to read and critique my work or someone who'd like me read and critique their work

My preferred romantic genre: contemporary, historical, paranormal, erotic, humourous

My writing level: complete novice, experienced but unpublished, published

My age-group: 20s, 30s 40s, 40s+. [I personally consider this to be important because at 40-mumble, I have a distinctly different way of looking at and expressing things than someone twenty years younger. I prefer to work with someone within a similar generation span though for others, this mightn't be an issue]

I need assistance with/I can offer assistance with: spelling, grammar, plot, characterisation, everything

My writing features/does not feature: humour, fluff, sex scenes, profanity, same-sex relationships, BDSM, etc

or

I would prefer to read/not to read: humour, fluff, sex scenes, profanity, same-sex relationships, BDSM, etc

Expected turn-around times:
    one to two days; one to two weeks

Preferred method of communication: e-mail, messenger

Any other comments: [examples] I've read for a few people and really enjoyed it or I'm just starting out on my first project so any support or advice you can offer me would be really appreciated or I sometimes get lazy and unmotivated so a whip-cracking coach is what I need.

An initial post is made requesting or offering a service and anyone interested responds to it. I suppose here in CTR, any responses could be directed to Visitor Message facility on the OP's profile page.
    Sitting in the Bookstore cafe drinking Coffeee and reading book

Awards Showcase

If it would help you can go to Romance Divas forum and check theirs out. They too have a section for Critique partners.
    Tonni
    Avid reader & Reviewer
    Of Erotic and/or Erotica & Others
    http://tonnibooks411wordpress.com

I've found critique partners through the Rose Trellis over at The Wild Rose Press.

A friend of mine and myself have started up a small but growing list of writers who link up for critiques. Let me know if you're interested in joining our group.
    Catherine Bybee
    New York Times & USA Today
    Bestselling Author
    Highland Shifter ~ Available Now
    Married by Monday ~ Available Now
    Wife by Wednesday ~ Available Now
    What would you do for ten million dollars?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast