Hi Rusty,
I'll do my best to explain this better. You're not being difficult at all.
In fact, please email me privately and we can discuss Bickham whenever you like. pookiewilliamson@sbcglobal.net

As for the MRU, I don't do them. (If I do, then it's just something that I'm unconsciously doing.)

Scene is:
Goal Conflict Disaster which leads to
Reaction Dilemma Decision which leads us back to scene.

In Sequel this is where the character thinks about what has occurred externally and internalizes the emotions to the situation. When the character has made a decision of action it leads us back to scene.

In sequel you show the character's reaction to the disaster that has occurred and then the planning stage to get back to fighting for his/her goal.
Yes, emotion is felt during this time, but also it's time for the character to regroup and overcome this blockage keeping them from their goal.

Mr. Bickham says scenes end in disaster, which require sequels leading the character to new decisions based on the experience. Sequel is feeling and logic that pushes the character to action.
The motivation and reaction is blended together in the sequel.

Within scenes there is a scene goal. (small scale)
A series of scenes and sequels make up a novel (large scale)

I pulled out my Swain book. The motivation/reaction unit on page 77 says to detail that which is emotionally pertinent in reference to creating tension or the character's state of mind.
Motivation is what the character will react to, an external circumstance (page 78).
The reaction sentence part of the unit is about the character behaves in consequence of the action in the first part of the unit.

Did my example help with any of this?

Karenne needs to close the class, you can email me and we can talk further.

Hugs,
Polly