Hybrid View

Reading: Dragon Wytch, by Yasmine Galenorn
    TBR: Many

Awards Showcase

xreading My First E-Reader

This one was my first e-reader and I still love it. It has a backlight and comes with a great case. It is a little bulkier than my Sony, and it does not read Adobe(but then neither does my Sony really, the liliputian print on the 500 is not solved by the upgrade.)but you can take notes on it, a really handy feature for a student reading a book for class. Alot of the classics are available for free, saving money at the bookstore. The memory is small but easily upgraded. Overall, this is a great value!

Maura
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

I'm going to have to order an e-book reader over the net. I have so many ebooks that my computer just can't keep up with them. LOL

Awards Showcase

Well if you do ...Charmed..make sure you get one that extra memory sticks available. I have a couple for this eReader and they are VERY useful if you have large amounts of books.
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Awards Showcase

Great idea Karenne. I'm buying ebooks from Samhain at least every once or twice a month. Even worse I buy at least 10 books at a time because I'm always finding more that I like. LOL

Just Finished Reading: Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews
    TBR: Lots!

Awards Showcase

Hi Shelley,

It is a little smaller than a trade paperback in size, similar to the Sony but different in some ways. Here is the Webpage:

http://www.ebookwise.com/ebookwise/ebookwise1150.htm

For extra memory you can buy a little memory card or keep books on a stick and move them in and out fo the library feature. It is a great first reader for anyone.

Maura

AND: I promised Karenne I would mention it. This one is pretty affordable, but definitely check out Ebay for bargains on these devices.

Ooh, I hear you about Samhain books being addictive. I have a huge number. Definitely get a memory stick. That's such great advice.

Maura - what sort of reader is it?

Shelley
    Are you up to PAR?
    Provocative. Adventurous. Risque.
    http://www.ShelleyMunro.com

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley Munro View Post
    Ooh, I hear you about Samhain books being addictive. I have a huge number. Definitely get a memory stick. That's such great advice.

Shelley
    I've got a few of your stories as well Shelley. I can't wait until Fringe Benefits is out. I'm really looking forward to that book!

TBR: 200 +

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    Well if you do ...Charmed..make sure you get one that extra memory sticks available. I have a couple for this eReader and they are VERY useful if you have large amounts of books.
    Memory cards are a must! Keep all your ebooks on them, then, if you ever have a problem with your reader, your books are easily transported to your new reader without ANY hassle! I love that

And yes, Samhain books are addictive! I've a few ebook first publishers I buy a lot from -- another benefit of ebook reading, you can read shorts and novellas! WOOT
    JoAnne Kenrick
    Across the pond and faraway.

www.joannekenrick.com

Dracula's Kiss, Night Owl Reviews TOP PICK
    Sweet Irish Kiss, Amazon - All Romance - Bookstrand BESTSELLER!

Sexy times, unhappy ever afters, spooky introductions....perfect reading for halloween! book four, Treacle and Treason, releases 26th October.

Reading: The next book to fall off the bookshelf.
    TBR: 450+

Awards Showcase

I just wanted to jump in here... I have to say I loved my EB when I was using it. I've since handed it down to my son, who is now using it for children's ebooks. He's 8, though he uses the drawing/note feature more than reading, I doubt it'll be that way for long.

I asked for the EB for Christmas a couple years ago (really last minute so getting it made me teary LOL) as an upgrade from a Sony PDA that I had been using to get used to reading ebooks altogether. Definitely an inexpensive way to break into the format.