EP: Hey all you romance lovers! Curl up with us while we interview Eternal Press author, Linda Sole. We're going to ask her about her contemporary romance from Eternal Press titled, Too Hot to Handle. If there's time, we may ask about her writing as well. Hi Linda! Welcome.

Too Hot to Handle carries a heat rating of three flames and the theme revolves around an affair. Tell us about the sex scenes. Do you have a favorite one?

Linda: Hello everyone. I am very excited about this book with Eternal Press. I love it and hope you will too! The scene I like very much is the first love scene between Rafe and Sylvie, which takes place in the garden of her grandmother's home. Rafe and Sylvie are swept up on a tide of passion but then Sylvie realises he is interested only in an affair...

EP: How much of Linda is there in the character, Sylvie? She's been burned before. Are you writing from experience here?

Linda: I have to admit that as far as love goes I have been lucky. I fell in love at fifteen and many moons later I still love the same guy!

EP: In this book, we get to visit such romantic places as England and France. Have you ever been there or would you like to visit someday?

Linda: I live in England but I love France. I haven't been there but I watch anything about it on film an TV and research it. It is one of my favourite places to write about.

EP: Tell us about Rafe. He sounds like the kind of guy women desire but should avoid to protect their hearts.
Linda: Rafe has a hard shell because he has been used and let down so maybe the 'take all' kind of woman should look out! Sylvie is vulnerable and Rafe instinctively knows it but doesn't trust his instincts. He has that magnetic appeal but look out if you get on the rough side of his tongue!

EP: Do you have plans for a sequel? What are you writing now?

Linda: I've been asked before about a sequel but at the moment I am thinking of doing other things. I am writing a Vampire short and then I am going to write a sexy doctor/nurse book. As Anne Ireland I have several other treats for EP readers coming soon.

EP: Do you have a mentor or someone who has encouraged you to write or inspired you?

Linda: I just fell in love with romance writers from the age of eight but didn't get time to write until much later in life. No one in particular inspired me to write but I loved Georgette Heyer and must have read everything she has written at least twice, in some cases more. So that is why I do a lot of historical. EP readers will have that side of my writing as Anne Ireland

EP: Do you have any funny stories to share about writing life, fan letters, etc.?

Linda: I'm not sure about funny but I get lots and lots of lovely letters from fans all over the world, especially for my Regency Romances.

EP: Is there anything else you'd like to talk about that we haven't discussed yet?

Linda: I just want to say that I feel happy to be at Eternal Press. I have several friends here and making lots of new ones. I think there are a lot of lovely people here and I am glad Too Hot To Handle was accepted. I am
looking forward to getting to know our readers and would love them to write to me with their opinion of my book.

EP: Awesome. Before we let you get back to writing, tell us where we can find you online.

Linda:
www.lindasole.co.uk
www.myspace.com/lindasole
www.booksfromlindasole.blogspot.com
www.storiesfromlindasole.blogspot.com
www.moonlightauthors.blogspot.cpm
email linda@lindasole.co.uk

Thanks so much for giving us a few minutes of your time. Good luck with Too Hot to Handle. You can get your copy here: http://www.eternalpress.ca/tohottohandle.html

Too Hot to Handle by Linda Sole
eBook ISBN: 978-1-897559-10-9 heat rating: 3 flames
Contemporary Romance

Summary:

Sylvie is vulnerable. She’s been badly hurt so when the dynamic Rafe Wilde comes into her life she tries to stay clear of him. The arrogant man thinks he has the right to walk over others, but Sylvie is having none of him–so why does she go weak at the knees every time he comes near her? When she flies to England from Paris for her uncle's wedding, an encounter with Rafe in the garden makes them both aware of the magnetism between them, but Rafe only wants an affair, and she needs that like a hole in the head.
However, when they meet again in Paris, their affair becomes too hot to handle.

Excerpt:

“Hi,” Helen said, emerging from the bathroom wearing her towel sarong-style over her lithe body. She was an attractive fair-haired girl dedicated to keeping fit, and it showed. “Anything interesting in the post?”
“A royal command,” Sylvie sighed heavily. “Uncle Nick is getting married. I’ve been summoned to attend.”
Helen looked thoughtful. She could see the shadows in Sylvie’s eyes. Wide clear eyes with soft gray irises. It was her eyes that made Sylvie Penrith remarkable. She was, her friend thought, beautiful in her own way. Not that she did anything to enhance her looks, quite the opposite! Sylvie’s long dark locks were at that moment dragged back off her face secured in a rubber band and her skin scrubbed clean of make up, but nothing could deny the perfect bone structure—or those eyes.
“Will you go?” Helen asked. She understood Sylvie’s uncertainty, knew what it had cost her friend to rebuild her life—what it was still costing her.
“It’s Uncle Nick,” Sylvie said, her smile tinged with bitterness. “Christine must have persuaded him to have the wedding at Penhallows. She knew that nothing else would make me go back.”
“Write and tell your grandmother you can’t get time off,” Helen suggested. “You could ring Nick, apologize, and fly over to London to meet him. Take him and his fiancée out for a meal.”
“If it was anyone else, I would,” Sylvie said. “But Uncle Nick is special. If he is getting married at last, Louise must mean a lot to him. He would be very hurt if I wasn’t at the wedding. She knew that, of course.”
Helen nodded. Christine Penrith was a force to be reckoned with, and she had tried every other means of getting Sylvie to visit her without success. It had been almost a year before Sylvie had even told her grandmother where she was living. She had done so then only because Uncle Nick had insisted.
“He’s right, I know that,” Sylvie had told Helen after a week of painful heart searching. She had been thinking constantly what to do for the best since the invitation arrived. “I suppose Christine didn’t intend to hurt me. She just did what she thought was best for everyone.”
“She still ought not to have interfered,” Helen replied, her blue eyes narrowed. “You knew the affair wasn’t going anywhere. Paul was never going to leave his wife. You would have made the break yourself when you were ready.”
“Would I?” Sylvie’s mouth dragged with the effort to control her emotions. “I’m not sure I would have had the courage. If Christine hadn’t threatened to tell Mary Hutton...”
Once again, she remembered the terrible scene with her grandmother, Sylvie closed her eyes against the rush of grief. It was impossible to shut out the memories: Christine’s anger, her own stubborn refusal to accept the truth. Then her desperate flight. It had been raining hard when she left Penhallows that night, the swipe of the wipers across the screen hardly able to cope with the force of the water. Sylvie wasn’t entirely sure how she had managed to keep the car on the road.
She had driven the short distance to the next village where her uncle had his medical practice, ringing his front door bell furiously in her blinding pain. She had been drenched through when he opened it at last. Cold and desperate, she had demanded the truth from him, only to collapse into his arms as he confirmed her grandmother’s story.
“It’s true,” Nick told her. “I can’t tell you the details, because they are confidential as far as I am concerned, but Mary Hutton is ill. The diagnosis was confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Christine is right; Mary’s husband should give her all his support. She is going to need it.” Nick looked at Sylvie from eyes much like her own, except that they were framed by gold-rimmed glasses. “Paul is older than you, princess. He isn’t a bad man, despite what he’s done to you. Mary didn’t want to tell him yet, but when he knows...”
Sylvie hadn’t needed him to elaborate. She knew that Paul would never leave his wife once he learned of her illness. He had felt terribly guilty at snatching a few kisses from Sylvie, and it was his guilt that had prevented him from taking all she offered. If she were honest, Sylvie knew it was she who had pushed him into declaring his passion for her. And perhaps that was all it was on his side. Verging on nineteen, Sylvie was thirteen years younger than him, a fresh, lovely woman on the threshold of her sexuality—a woman in the making, and a very sensual one at that. Paul had been married for twelve years to a wife who seemed to have lost her appetite for lovemaking and was always tired. When he understood the cause of that tiredness, Paul’s conscience would force him to end his tentative relationship with Sylvie.
It would have been too painful for them both. Sylvie had known she could not force Paul to make the decision. She had to leave, go away, and put as much distance between them as she could. In the end, she had taken up Helen’s offer to share the tiny flat in Paris. She had not been back to her family’s home since that night.