Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    TBR: 2many

Awards Showcase

It was like someone hit the info switch.

Images, memories, and knowledge flooded her mind, breaking down the magic blocking her synapses.

Her learning how to make her first potion at six with her mom. Her dad teaching her to hunt in the woods north of London here and teaching her to shoot at the range in the modern world. Her zapping a gangly boy with dark hair because he pushed her in the mud and ruined her pretty dress. Her mother and his lecturing her on proper use of magic. Her giving the boy a kiss because the girls in the modern world on the playground dared her to. The little boy giggling and running away, shrieking ‘cooties.’ Saying goodbye to him when his mom died and the leader of the witches, his grandmother, said they had to hide in the modern world and stop jumping. Forgetting his name as she grew up, learned how to be a witch, and found other crushes.

"Oh my God," Giselle breathed, covering her mouth. "You... I remember." She turned to her dad and flung her arms around his neck. "Hi, papa."

"I knew your mother’s ring would help. She always said if anyone put a spell on you that I should give it to you."

Giselle’s heart clenched. Mom? Oh. Her mom died five years ago from an aneurysm. She’d been in the modern world at the time, but no one got to her fast enough. She was dead when they found her.

She wasn’t going to let Sarah die too, if she hadn’t already.

"Anthony, I remember everything. I can track Sarah and Maura, but S... she might already..."

"I know," Anthony cut her off. "If she is, we’ll still be able to kill that bitch."

Giselle nodded and closed her eyes, focusing her mind on her last living mentor and the woman who’d learned right beside her, the woman she’d considered her best friend until a year ago. The one who’d covered for her when she snuck off with her boyfriend in the middle of the night when they were teens. The one who studied with her when they went to college in the modern world. The one who stayed up all night eating ice cream with her when her fianc
    é dumped her three years ago.

That Maura was gone. Her parents and two little sisters died in a freak fire, and ever since then she’d been trying to twist time in the modern world to go back and save them. The magics she was trying to tap were too dangerous to both worlds. Sarah and Giselle both tried talking her down, and she wouldn’t listen. She’d been trying to figure out the time spells and hide from Sarah and the rest of the older witches ever since. She fell in with the rebels because they were willing to do the dangerous spells, like summoning the Jinn. She didn’t care if they were wanted for killing other witches, including Anthony’s mom.

Giselle's eyes flew open and she pointed down the road to another little alley squished between two decrepit buildings.

"There." She took off with Anthony and her dad close on her heels.
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Less than five feet away, Giselle spotted Sarah unconscious on the icy cold ground in the park down the road from the magic shop. She ran as fast as a cheetah chasing her prey. Except Sarah wasn't her prey, she was a sister witch completely capable of tipping the scales to favor the greater good in the battle of good versus evil.

As Giselle sprinted towards Sarah, she assessed the area around her sourcing for her enemies and a trap. Her eyes darted in all directions---backwards, forwards, left, right and above her until she was satisfied Sarah was all alone. However, Giselle prepared herself mentally and physically, allowing the magic coursing through her to act as a weapon. It would be her first line of defense against an explosive assault launched by any advancing enemy.

As Giselle approached Sarah's limp body, she collapsed to her knees beside her. When she hit the ground at full force, excruciating pain instantly shot through her left knee. She cried out and cursed the pain left over from an old kickboxing injury.

"Are you alright Giselle?" her father asked worriedly.

"Yes I'm fine. It's just an old injury causing me pain. It'll stop any minute now." Giselle replied. She shrugged off the pain and slowly assessed Sarah, carefully exploring her whole body and checking for life threatening injuries.

"We need to stop the bleeding on her head wound." Giselle said quickly. As she continued to check Sarah over, she doctored the head wound as best as she possibly could. "Apart from the head wound and a badly broken arm I'd say Sarah will live." she added. Giselle was no doctor, but she was confident Sarah would make a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; October 28th, 2008 at 07:24 PM.

Awards Showcase

Sarah leaned against the damp brick wall and sighed. "I knew eventually it would come to this. Maura's been a headstrong one since she was born." She reached up and held Anthony's hand. "I blame myself. Entirely."
    "Nan," Anthony said as he dabbed a trickle of blood from his grandmother's forehead. "This isn't your fault. You've done nothing but good for everyone you've ever met."
    Tears glistened in her eyes. "And maybe that's the problem, Tony. I saw the mark on the back of her neck when she was born and recognized immediately. Every witch in that black coven has it and evil is the result." She wiped away a tear. "Yes, good is what I tried to do. I put our lovely Giselle with her as an infant and hoped that she would choose light over the dark, but I was wrong. All these years she only played a part and look at the trouble it has caused."
    Giselle kissed Sarah gently on her cheek. "You did right. You showed her goodness and after that, the path she chooses is her own."
    Sarah nodded. "But I never told you this, Tony. She has loved you from the second she first layed eyes on you. I fear what she may do to achieve this goal."
    Tony began to stand up when his vision faultered and bright lights waved before his eyes. "Something bad is going to happen. I can feel it. We have got to find Maura. Now!"
    Giselle grabbed his hand. "But where..."
    Sarah took one hand from each of them and three hands bonded in love and unity. All three of them saw the same vision.
    "We must find the portal. She's gone back to Gibsons. Our future is in danger."

Awards Showcase

"Why do we need to find the portal when we can make our own?" Giselle asked enthusiastically.

Anthony and Sarah stared dumbfoundingly at her, trying to gage if she was serious about creating their very own portal.

"What?" Giselle asked, a frown masking her beautiful face. She was not expecting their lack of interest at her brilliant idea.

"We don't have time to create a portal. We need to get back to Gibson's now before Maura destroys everything near and dear to us." Sarah said grimly. Just as Anthony finally stopped the trickle of blood on her forehead.

"I'm not a mere mortal. Watch me create a portal." Giselle said as she tapped her left foot impatiently. She certainly didn't appreciate her companions not being in the right frame of mind to help her.

As her brain ticked erratically, deciphering the right words for a workable spell, a fit of laughter broke her concentration.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; October 30th, 2008 at 12:57 AM.

Awards Showcase

"Maura!" Sarah protectively placed herself in front of Giselle and Anthony. "Have you not done enough harm? Please, leave us. Leave us now and I promise we will not pursue you."
    Maura laughed and haughtily tossed back her hair. "No, Sarah. No to everything. No, I will not leave you and I would not believe a promise from any of you." She studied Giselle. "No, I have not done enough harm or this one, this woman, my once friend who took the only man I would ever love from my dreams." Now Maura stared at Anthony and tears glistened in her eyes. "He is my soulmate, the one who was promised to me by birth..."
    Giselle began to walk towards her, but Sarah's hand reached out to stop her. "I don't understand any of this. When was he promised to you? In a dream. Are you just crazy or....evil? Maybe you are both." She held Tony's hand and gasped as a glowing light formed around both of them.
    Their world began to vibrate and move as a vision began to form, but before anything could happen, Maura snapped out her hand, forcing them apart.
    "I will see you in Hell first before I will let you have Anthony. He is mine."
    She lifted both hands in the air and began an incantation that only Sarah recognized.

Awards Showcase

"Anthony you're the only one that can stop her." Sarah pleaded. Her voice edged with panic. The incantation was an ancient spell, completely fatal to the person it was aimed at. Death was imminent, and the target---Giselle.

Giselle gasped sharply as the silly incantation hit her directly in the chest.

"Hurry Anthony. Otherwise Giselle won't be alive much longer." Sarah asked as Giselle's lithe body started trembling frenziedly and her normally sparkling eyes began to fade. It was as if the sandman was calling her, forcing her to sleep.

Anthony closed the small distance between him and Giselle, grabbing her left hand forcefully in order to cast a protection spell around his one and only love.

He sucked in a nice deep breath of fresh air and relaxed his tense shoulders so he'd be totally focused on getting the spell to work.

"I call upon the ancient power. Help us in our darkest hour. Provide a forcefield to protect us now. Make it strong enough to repel this cow." Anthony said with a snicker. His first incantation wasn't the best but it worked in a pinch.

A massive bright purple and pink bubble encased him and Giselle, protecting them from Maura's wrath. At least for the time being.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; October 30th, 2008 at 10:14 PM.

Nov 2007
    Live an hour away from the best capital city in Australia

Awards Showcase

Giselle sighed her relief and the tightness in her chest slowly released as the energy of the forcefield grew stronger.

"Are you alright?" Anthony asked Giselle as he pulled her into the circle of his arms.

"Yeah I am for now but we have to do something fast. Sarah will need help our help if she has any hope of defeating Maura." Sarah said as she relaxed into his warm embrace, lolling her head on his broad chest. "We need to keep an eye on Sarah." she added fervently.

Outside their protective shield, they both watched warily as Maura continued to blast her powers and each time being forcefully propelled back until she landed flat on her back.

The unpredictable energy of the forcefield was growing, enabling Giselle and Anthony to part and still have their own forcefield.

Inch by torturous inch Anthony relinquished his hold on Giselle, placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"Ready?" Giselle inquired avidly.

Anthony nodded his response.

"On the count of three." She lifted her hand casually, lifting the first finger, then the second, then finally the third. "Go." Giselle added as her magic exploded from her hands, erupting as a big ball of fire.

Awards Showcase

"What are hell?" Anthony yelled as he noticed Giselle's hands were on fire.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Just protect Sarah." Giselle said calmly because there was no need for hysterics. She moved quickly, reaching Sarah's side in less than five seconds.

We need to make our move before she vanishes into thin air again. Giselle communicated mentally to Sarah and Anthony. Who both gave one firm nod of agreement. Here's the plan---circle her like sharks and then strike at the last minute. Anthony you'll need to talk her down. You're the only one she'll listen to so you get close to her and then Sarah and I will move. she added confidently.

"Maura honey it's Anthony. Listen to me. If what we had was special then you need to do one thing for me. You need to stop this non-sense of being the big bad witch and return to the good side of magic." Anthony said rationally with his hands placed in the air. He was showing Maura he was non-threatening to gain her trust.

Keep going Anthony. Sarah and I will start to move soon. Giselle pleaded.

Anthony glared at her. The frightening look made Giselle's insides cringe in fear. If looks could kill, she wouldn't be standing proud and tall. Instead she'd be collapsed on the ground, her heart no longer beating to keep her alive. The phrase dead to the world would certainly apply.

What else am I suppose to say to that sadistic bitch? Anthony said as he reigned in his temper to a level where he'd be able to concentrate on the plan.

"Did you just call me a sadistic bitch?" Maura snapped as she threw a charge of lightning straight at Anthony's chest for the second time.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; October 31st, 2008 at 04:55 PM.

Awards Showcase

Anthony dodged, hitting the ground hard with his shoulder. "Yeah, I did."

Giselle's spell reached its zenith and the fire launched towards Maura.

"Ahhhhh," Maura screamed as the heat engulfed her, inching under her skin and burning her from the inside out.

Tears leaked from Giselle’s eyes as she shoved all her power into the fire, making it eat away her old friend even as her heart cried to show mercy. She couldn’t listen. If Maura lived, she’d be a danger. They had to end it here and now.

No matter how much it hurt.

Blood sprang from her nose and her synapses exploded in frozen pain as she pushed with her mind. She ignored it.

"Antheeeeeee," Maura’s shriek turned to a gurgle as the fire took her lungs, lighting them like tissue paper. The rest of her followed.

The crispy corpse hit the ground with a shower of blackened skin flecks and sparks.

Giselle let out a sob and leaned into Anthony.

"Is that it then?" he asked Sarah as he pat Giselle’s heaving back.

TBR: 2many

Awards Showcase

Default The last chapter begins............

Sarah nodded, wiping away tears. “Maura is no more. We must leave now.” Silently she watched the last of Maura, now turned into erratically floating ashes fly into the starry sky and disappear. Why had she chosen the dark side when everything she truly loved and wanted resided in the light? I’d witnessed the good in her eyes so many times. Why, Maura, Why?
    Giselle felt a strange mix of relief and sadness from this horrible ending to the girl she’d shared so many dreams. She sighed. “This is my world, Sarah. So much of who I am is in this place.” She lowered her eyes and looked up at Anthony, tears spilling our freely. “But it is not your world, Tony and I could never ask you to stay here.” She took the ring off her finger and placed it in his hand.
    “Giselle,” Tony began but stopped when a portal appeared feet away from them.
    “Hurry,” Sarah said. “The death of Maura caused something to happen, a rip in time…I’m not sure…but I fear a change has occurred. I do not know if we can continue to travel back and forth as we have. You two must make a decision.”
    Tony picked Giselle’s hands and held them tightly. “I will never leave you. I could never live without you. Don’t you understand that by now?”
    Giselle’s lips found Tony’s and desire, love and a connecting of souls assailed her entire being. “Oh, my darling.” She held him hard against her and allowed her tears to flow for the only man she would ever love.
    The portal began twirling and flickering. “We must leave. Decide your fates and do it quickly,” Sarah screamed.
    Giselle held Tony’s hand and smiled. “I’m not going anywhere without you, my love.” But in a confusion of lights, flashes and odd vibrations, their hands separated. Giselle ran after Sarah, seeing too late that Tony had not followed and remained in 1897. The portal closed, dropping Giselle and Sarah in present day Gibson’s. For hours Sarah and Giselle tried every spell, incantation and magic they could muster, but to no avail. “I’m sorry,” Sarah said. “Nothing is working.”
    Giselle closed her eyes and refused to believe that the love she’d discovered could disappear forever. She knelt on the Oriental rug in Tony’s office and remembered his face, his touch, his scent, and their passionate kisses. She rubbed the empty spot on her finger where she’d worn her ring. “Tony, you will come back to me.”
    In that second of remembrance, as her soul felt the ring as though it still connected the two lovers, the small office began to expand and contract. A rainbow of colors and lights embraced the room and……“Tony!” Giselle ran into his arms, touching him, smothering him with kisses. “Are you really here?”
    Sarah held him to her chest. “How did you get back, Anthony?”
    “Love.” Eyes bright with tears, Tony ran his fingers through his hair. “Nan’s love that’s carried me through life and…” He picked up Giselle’s hand and slid the ring on her finger. “Your love, stronger than any force.” He looked at both women, strong and beautiful. “And Maura’s.”
    “Maura’s?” Giselle and Sarah said.
    Tony nodded. “Some time after the portal closed, I saw a small spark of light that floated, sort of like a butterfly, and landed on the ring I still clutched. I heard Maura’s voice, whispering. Go to her. You always belonged to her. “Nan, the good inside her was strong enough to survive and to help bring me back.”
    The door opened and a petite brunette bustled in. “Look, we’ve got a whole production crew out there to film this Gibson marriage thing. You guys ready to become husband and wife or not?”
    “Think we’re ready?” Tony smiled.
    Giselle waved her ring finger. “One step ahead of you. Husband.”
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567