Hybrid View

Default October Releases--A Ghost Story, Dragon's Angel, The Soldier's Girl

Just in time for Halloween, now available at www.champagnebooks.com

A Ghost Story
    By Keith Latch
    Horror/Supernatural Thriller

Not just another campfire tale.

Back Cover Blurb:

Single mom Rebecca Kent and down-and-out Peyton Harper have nothing in common. But when Rebecca’s daughter is kidnapped, the only person that can help them is the ghost of Elizabeth Little, a teenager who suffered a tragic and untimely death twenty years earlier.
    Thrust into an adventure that will change them forever, Rebecca, Peyton and Delaney will find out what lies beyond A Ghost Story.

Teaser Excerpt:

Delaney heard Becky enter the room and immediately slammed her eyelids shut. She stopped singing and put on her best “deep sleep” face. Even after she was sure that her mother had left the room, she continued playing possum.
    Then, after a long while, she started singing again. “Ghosts in the night, ghosts in the night. Ghosts in the bone yard, among the dead. Ghosts in the attic, over your head. Ghosts in the night, ghosts in the night. Ghosts in the cellar, under your feet. Ghosts watch over us as we sleep. Ghosts in the night, ghosts in the night.”
    “You remembered it.” It was Elizabeth. Her naked face was made bluer by the moonlight through the window.
    “I told you I would.”
    “That means a lot to me, Delaney. It really does.”
    “Since I remembered it, tell me what it means.” She was wide awake now, though both of their voices were soft and quiet.
    “It’s a secret,” Elizabeth said, but she was smiling.
    “You promised. You promised.”
    “I did, didn’t I? Well, I always keep my promises. Especially to you.” Elizabeth moved closer, then sat at the foot of Delaney’s bed. “It’s a nursery rhyme my grandmother used to sing to me. She told me that all ghosts weren’t bad. Some were very good. The good ones watch over children while they sleep and help them when they’re in trouble.”
    “Like you do for me?”
    “That’s right. And whenever you need me all you have to do is sing that song and I’ll be there.”
    “You promise?” Delaney asked as if it were too good to be true.
    “I promise.”
    “You swear?”
    “I double swear.”
    “Will you tell me a story? Please?”
    “Okay, but just because you said please.”
    Delaney snuggled into her comforter. Elizabeth knelt by the bed, inches away. Even though Elizabeth had died eleven years before she was born, Delaney wasn’t afraid.
    For now.

Dragon’s Angel
    By Donica Covey
    Fantasy Romance

Can two people go from complete strangers to lifemates before they become nothing more than a fantasy?

Back Cover Blurb:

A disembodied voice has Keely Morgan feeling like her sanity is slipping away. A pulling desire leads her to bar she’s never been to before and close to a man she’s never met.

Xavier Blake is assaulted with images of black dragons and painful destruction; flashes that seem almost like memories. Keely walks into the bar and heads straight for his table. He’s never seen her before but with her close he suddenly feels complete.

When a madman attacks Keely, Xavier somehow senses her fear and saves her. Strange forces push them closer together and take them from the world they know to a place where magic exists, unicorns dance and dragons fly. Destiny foretells they will unite and after a hard battle will reign as the king and queen of Grogan.

Can they overcome the evil that plots to destroy them?

Teaser:

“Help me.” A cry broke through his skull.
    “Keely!” She was in trouble, hurt and terrified. He turned in the direction of her fear and rushed headlong. As he ran, a change took over his body. It felt longer, lighter and stronger. He looked down to find the ground many feet below him. From his back, large wings pumped the air and he rose up and up. He was suddenly soaring high above the tops of the trees. His vision had altered. He saw in the colors of thermal imaging. There were dark blues and purples of the roots of trees and the stream that wound its way between the giants. He scanned the ground while his senses were focused on Keely. Her scent trail was stronger in his new dragon form than it had been before. The mental connection was also stronger. He followed the pull drawing him closer to her.
    Her screams grew louder, her agonizing pain nearly ripping him apart. He landed and scanned the area for her. Her shape was red and yellow with exertion as she struggled to break free. The tree was wrapping its bark and branches around her, constricting tighter with each breath.
    Once more he stood on two legs in his human form. When he lifted his hands, fire shot from his fingertips, engulfing the tree and filling the air with a putrid odor of burning flesh. “Keely!” he screamed and ripped through the burning branches.
    She was slumped against the trunk, sweat streamed in tracks down her soot-covered face.

The Soldier’s Girl
    By Romona Hilliger
    Contemporary Romance

Can the bonds of three, struck in childhood, survive the trials of love and war?

Back Cover Blurb:

Bryce has forsaken everything, even Kate, the love of his life, and all for the sake of his career in medicine. His obsession, not for fame or money, but to bring health to underprivileged indigenous children in Northern Australia.

Frank, a war hero wants Kate because he can’t have her. But the brutality of war has twisted his mind and he’ll stoop to anything to snare her.

Can they find a way through the heartache that their separate ways has brought them? Or will they have to accept that the bonds they forged as children are not meant to last into adulthood.

Teaser:

“You could make use of my talents, Bri, I could help at your clinic.” A breathlessness caught her next outpouring of desperation. “I’ll do anything! Whatever you want—”
    Anything? Kate pulled up short. Had she made him think she meant providing him with all the base comforts of a carnal nature? The way he was looking at her, he probably had.
    He raised a lopsided half-smile. “Do you know what that means?”
    “Whatever it takes…” she muttered, in her desperation.
    “You don’t know what you’re saying, Kate,” he uttered, lifting her chin to face him. He shuddered with naked desire and the subtle stimulation she was arousing in him. “Do you know what I can do to you? What I want to do to you?” he breathed into her moist, parted lips. He hated sending her away. “Now you go home. Go while I’m still able to be polite and give you the respect you deserve.”
    J. Ellen Smith
    Publisher/Managing Editor
    www.champagnebooks.com
    www.carnalpassions.com
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Great teasers Ellen.

So many books, so little time. Nice excerpts.
    Catherine Bybee
    New York Times & USA Today
    Bestselling Author
    Highland Shifter ~ Available Now
    Married by Monday ~ Available Now
    Wife by Wednesday ~ Available Now
    What would you do for ten million dollars?