View Poll Results: What historical setting is more romantic?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scotland

8 61.54%
  • England

4 30.77%
  • France

1 7.69%
  • Rome

1 7.69%
  • America

0 0%
  • Australia

0 0%
  • Other

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Saturday Topic - Free for All

Today is about you…We’d just like to have a day of questions, comments, and discussion. This is your opportunity talk about historical romance…anything you would like to know? Anything you would like to contribute? Do you have your own way of doing research? What would you like to ask the writers here? This is your day…so talk it up! >>

Default Warning: Adult Content - Mistress of Pleasure

As promised, here is the excerpt from Delilah's Mistress of Pleasure. Enjoy!

THE MISTRESS OF PLEASURE
    by Delilah Marvelle

He leaned his hand against the wall and moved closer to her, wanting to feel her love. And wanting her to feel his.

Her slender arm wrapped around his waist. She sniffed and closed her eyes, tilting her head back. Ever so slowly, her full lips lifted upwards. Waiting.

Edmund let his hands slide to her slim waist and deliberately observed her in a moment he’d never forget for the rest of his days. The way her blond curls framed her face. The way her smooth skin glistened under those two small trails of tears. The way her eyes were still closed, her blond, wet lashes shadowing her lower lids.
    Yes. This woman, this incredible woman, was his duchess. Knowing she was expecting a kiss, he decided to surprise her with something else. Dipping his head toward the curve of her neck, he slid the tip of his tongue down the length of its softness. She let out a small sigh and leaned back against the wall, stretching her neck out for him.

He slid his tongue further and further down until he reached that alluring soft dip between her breasts which she had been taunting him with all night. Pausing for a moment, he grabbed the front of her silk and lace bodice and pulled it down gently. He nudged her breasts out from her corset and brought them both into full view. The pressure of his cock began to build, demanding release.

Maybelle stiffened against him as her eyes fluttered open. “Edmund,” she whispered intently, her hands suddenly coming between him and her exposed breasts. She glanced over his shoulder. “Here? Behind a screen in the ferns? What if--”

“Let them find us,” he murmured, leaning toward her. “I am done pleasing everyone else.”

He then brought her hands away from her breasts, and lowered his mouth to her left nipple. He gently sucked on it, savoring the soft, salty texture as his hand drifted toward her other breast. His fingers brushed her nipple lightly until it was taut.
    A quiet sigh escaped her as her hands wandered across his body, as if searching for skin to touch.

“Remove your cravat,” she whispered.

He pulled away from her for a moment, did away with his gloves and hastily undid his cravat, pulling his collar away from his neck. He grinned down at her and leaned back toward her, draping himself against her. “Now what?”

A gleam overtook her blue eyes. She grabbed hold of his vest and ripped it as she watched him, spraying buttons everywhere. They tinkered to the floor. “You said to do that anytime I wanted to.”

“So I did,” he growled out, glancing down at the mess she’d made. “What else do you have planned for me?”

Her smooth gloved fingertips slid in beneath his shirt and slowly, she dipped them toward his collarbone and toward the front of his chest. The sensation of her fluttering fingertips overwhelmed his body and Edmund knew there would be no controlling his appetite for her.

He grabbed two handfuls of her silk, yellow skirts and shoved them up past her thighs. He held them out of his way, his erection now bulging painfully against his trousers.

He ran his hands up her smooth stockings and searched for the one thing second to his love for her. Her core.

He slipped his fingers into her wet, warm folds. He shifted his jaw and closed his eyes, jealous of his own fingers. His thumb circled her nub as two of his fingers remained deep within her. He received a generous moan that made him want to thrust himself into her then and there.

“Yes,” he hoarsely said, opening his eyes to watch her move against his hand.

“Show me how much you enjoy this. How much you enjoy me.”

She moved her hips against him. He quickened his wet thumb against her nub to heighten her pleasure and her breathing turned to pants.

Edmund withdrew his fingers and leaned away, momentarily bringing a gap between them. He hastily undid his trousers and yanked his undergarments out of the way until his shaft was finally free.

He heavily leaned into her body wanting her very soul to become a part of him, grabbed hold of her thighs, then wrapped her legs around his waist. He propped her back up high against the wall, making sure she was just below the height of the silk screen that shielded them.

“I have been dying for you,” he hoarsely confided in her ear, wanting her to know again.

“Not as much as I have been dying for you,” she softly replied.

Edmund’s fingers dug into her thighs. He adjusted her to the height he needed to enter her and thrust deep into her core.

He didn’t know what he enjoyed most at that moment. Hearing her bite back a soft moan or feeling his shaft harden all the more as her tight wetness surrounded him.
    He gritted his teeth and knew that his body was demanding he ride her hard. He slammed into her repeatedly, his cock aching with each thrust. He watched with half closed eyes as her large breasts bobbed before him. Their frantic movement showed every time he thrust into her. He couldn’t stop and simply drove her and himself toward the brink of bodily madness.

“Wrap your legs tighter around me,” he quietly insisted, his hands gripping her buttocks. “I want all of you.”

She obeyed, wrapping her legs so tightly around his waist, he slid in deep. Deep enough to feel the wall of her womb against the head of his cock. Not once did he stop thrusting into her wetness. Her core tightened as she panted more and more heavily.

She quietly choked in pleasured anguish and grabbed for him and the wall behind her to steady herself.

Edmund covered her mouth with his, and kept pounding in and out of her. He cupped her smooth bottom as tightly as he could, then pushed harder and harder against her, readying himself for his climax. He closed his eyes and groaned as his shaft pulsated and released every ounce of seed into her. The muscles in his body tightened, every nerve, every sensation overtook his entire body until it exploded. He eventually relaxed and he was back in her arms and in the world.

He most certainly could get used to a life like this. Drained, he pulled out and gently let her slide down from around his waist. Slowly, he planted her slippered feet back onto the ground and her skirts cascaded down in a whoosh around her legs, brushing his own.

He smiled and when his heart had calmed to a normal beat, he tenderly adjusted the bodice of her gown, easing her breasts back into her corset.

She leaned back against the corner of the wall, tilted her head and smiled at him as if she were far away and not with him at all.

“Where are you?” he murmured.

“I was thinking, is all.”

“Oh?” Edmund carefully picked up his cravat and tried not to knock over the screen or rustle the ferns around them. “Of what?”

“Secretly, I have always wanted children.”

“Did I ever tell you that I want a dozen children with eyes as blue as yours?” He grinned and tied his cravat. He then adjusted his trousers and secured them in the tight space behind the screen.

“You want a dozen?” She sounded rather concerned.

“Yes, but imagine all the fun we’ll have making them.” He waggled his brows and knotted his cravat into place. He leaned back into her body and tenderly observed her, making his eyes meet hers. Her, him and the children.

(Fans self)

Very hot.
    Now available.

Quick Pieces of Kinky Smut

Available from Phaze

Make sure to visit my website Romantic Heretic or friend me at Facebook Rob Graham

Tantalizing excerpt. More than a little steamy.

Quote Originally Posted by Minnette View Post
    Today is about you…We’d just like to have a day of questions, comments, and discussion. This is your opportunity talk about historical romance…anything you would like to know? Anything you would like to contribute? Do you have your own way of doing research? What would you like to ask the writers here? This is your day…so talk it up! >>

Minnette, how much research do you do online versus hard copy sources; i.e. books, museums, etc.?

OMGS. That was really hot!

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian A View Post
    Minnette, how much research do you do online versus hard copy sources; i.e. books, museums, etc.?
    It kind of depends...I'm a computer/internet geek, so I use it a lot, but I also love books and libraries, so I use those, too. So I'd say maybe 60% internet, 40% hard copy. I use the museums/associations to verify my facts or to help me with something I can't find otherwise. For example, in Edge of Honor, there is a military precision drill between two Roman officers with gladii (similar to Marine sword or rifle drills). My conjecture was that military drilling had to come from somewhere and I assumed it must be from the Romans (much of our modern military drilling, boot, etc. comes from the Roman military). I couldn't verify that in anything I could find on my own, so I contacted Frazier Museum who sent me to a field scholar for ARMA. Gene was able to help me with that fight scene (in fact, he had his guys choreagraph it for me), as well as the gladiatorial fight later on. When I'm researching, it's hard to say how much I get from where; I just go where my needs lead me.

Back to my coffee!

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

wow that was hot Oh and I finished your book last night (well early this morning)
    Hugs
    Hollie

OMgosh! Of course I get back online when my freakin' love scene makes an appearance, LOL. I can't believe I missed out on so much, WAHH!!! So sorry! Any questions, anything, shoot my way.

Soldiers have started marching 'by the left' since Roman times.
    Now available.

Quick Pieces of Kinky Smut

Available from Phaze

Make sure to visit my website Romantic Heretic or friend me at Facebook Rob Graham
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast