Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Xthud I'm taking the leap...with Sony

After much resentment on my part, I have decided it's time for me to buy an Ereader. Why was I against it? Call me old-fashioned, but I love books. I love holding them, I love the feel of them, I love the smell of them, I just love them. I don't see myself getting into stories from an electronic device as much as I get into printed stories. I like showing off all the books I own, having bookcases upon bookcases of books. I can't do that with an Ereader, it's all in a chip, what good is that?

Well why have I decided to buy one considering how against it I am? *Sighs* Because I can't lie to myself anymore. I used to say to myself that there weren't that many ebooks out there, that the truly good books were out in print, etc. Truth of the matter is, that's a very ignorant thing to say (I know, at leas I can admit it people). There are so many ebooks out there that it boggles the mind, and there are many authors who's stories I'm missing out on because I want to be stubborn and stick to my old ways (though there was nothing wrong with the old ways I say, hehe). So it's time for me to buy my very first Ereader, and I'm going with Sony, not only because I hear good things, but mainly because all my electronics are Sony.

My birthday is slowly approaching (Dec. 25th, that means double presents my way ) and I've decided to just have people donate to my Ereader fund, that way everyone chips in, and I don't have to spend all MY money. I figure by the time my birthday comes I have made a decision as to which Ereader to buy.

So this is where you guys come in...I need help deciding which one to buy. I was thinking about the Sony 505 in red, but the new 700 comes out next month, it's an extra hundred dollars, but it seems to have more features. Obviously since it hasn't come out yet, nobody can say if it's worth the extra money or not, but I can get feedback on the 505. Is it everything you hoped it would be? Does it do everything it says? Do they have it in Pink??? (Hehe) Is it worth the money? Once the 700 comes out, hopefully someone will buy it and let me know how it is.
    Happy Reading

"I've seen the error of my ways with Libraries. Borrowing and returning books? What's that about? That's like adopting a child and then returning him."-Jen

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

I have the 505 and i love it yes it does all it says. I love books and like having loads of books on book shelves. My got an ereader because i like cost of ebooks so now i have all my paper books and i add to the series as new books come out. then i have my ebooks and do the same. I also like the fact that i can take a load of books every where with me.

I don't know if the new one will be in pink but the 505 is silver but i have a nice pink cover for it.
    Hugs
    Hollie

Thanks for the input hollie, I saw the pink cover, but I think it will clash if I get the ereader in red, lol. You also make a lot of sense about carrying a whole bunch of books. Since I always carry at least one book with me (usually 3 though, hehe) this will be a lot lighter for my purses
    Happy Reading

"I've seen the error of my ways with Libraries. Borrowing and returning books? What's that about? That's like adopting a child and then returning him."-Jen

Awards Showcase

it's great fun sat in a hospital waiting room with it everyone keeps looking trying to work what you got but then again they only released them here start of september
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

I've found somewhere else in Brisbane ebook readers might be sold. There is a huge Sony store I'll have to check it out.

Just Finished Reading: Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews
    TBR: Lots!

Awards Showcase

Welcome to the world of ereaders. I think we all enjoy books! I'm in New Zealand and we don't have a lot of options when it comes to ereaders, which is why I ended up with a Palm Tungsten E. I love it but lust after the Sony and Kindle. I saw the Sony when I visited the US recently.

I really like the way I can decide I want a book and go and download it. The instant gratification is excellent!

Have fun with your ereader. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Shelley
    Are you up to PAR?
    Provocative. Adventurous. Risque.
    http://www.ShelleyMunro.com

Yeah

Instant gratification, NOW we're talking!

Well I was talking to...err....my friend (for lack of a better word, because he's more than that....but less than a boyfriend...agh...anyways...) and he said he was going to buy it for me! Whichever one I choose!
    Happy Reading

Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Lucky you Saturn.

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Moonie View Post

Well I was talking to...err....my friend (for lack of a better word, because he's more than that....but less than a boyfriend...agh...anyways...) and he said he was going to buy it for me! Whichever one I choose!
    Oh wow thats great congratulations
    Hugs
    Hollie

Quote Originally Posted by Saturn Moonie View Post

They're called "Friends with Benifits"
    Catherine Bybee
    New York Times & USA Today
    Bestselling Author
    Highland Shifter ~ Available Now
    Married by Monday ~ Available Now
    Wife by Wednesday ~ Available Now
    What would you do for ten million dollars?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast