After much resentment on my part, I have decided it's time for me to buy an Ereader. Why was I against it? Call me old-fashioned, but I love books. I love holding them, I love the feel of them, I love the smell of them, I just love them. I don't see myself getting into stories from an electronic device as much as I get into printed stories. I like showing off all the books I own, having bookcases upon bookcases of books. I can't do that with an Ereader, it's all in a chip, what good is that?

Well why have I decided to buy one considering how against it I am? *Sighs* Because I can't lie to myself anymore. I used to say to myself that there weren't that many ebooks out there, that the truly good books were out in print, etc. Truth of the matter is, that's a very ignorant thing to say (I know, at leas I can admit it people). There are so many ebooks out there that it boggles the mind, and there are many authors who's stories I'm missing out on because I want to be stubborn and stick to my old ways (though there was nothing wrong with the old ways I say, hehe). So it's time for me to buy my very first Ereader, and I'm going with Sony, not only because I hear good things, but mainly because all my electronics are Sony.

My birthday is slowly approaching (Dec. 25th, that means double presents my way ) and I've decided to just have people donate to my Ereader fund, that way everyone chips in, and I don't have to spend all MY money. I figure by the time my birthday comes I have made a decision as to which Ereader to buy.

So this is where you guys come in...I need help deciding which one to buy. I was thinking about the Sony 505 in red, but the new 700 comes out next month, it's an extra hundred dollars, but it seems to have more features. Obviously since it hasn't come out yet, nobody can say if it's worth the extra money or not, but I can get feedback on the 505. Is it everything you hoped it would be? Does it do everything it says? Do they have it in Pink??? (Hehe) Is it worth the money? Once the 700 comes out, hopefully someone will buy it and let me know how it is.