Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default A Knight's Dark Eyes

A Knight’s Dark Eyes

The thundering of a hundred horses echoed through the cobwebbed windows of the abandoned church. The Norman Knights of Gaillard were coming for her.
    Rheda stepped further back into the shadows and gripped the leather hilt of her father’s broadsword, its worn material giving her little comfort. If her father were alive, he would tell her not to fret. No cowardly Norman could best a Saxon, especially a Haynsworth.
    However, her father did not meet the likes of Sir Ivon Paxton. The handsome Norman would hunt her until the end of the earth. Until he had her trapped in his strong arms…and on trail for murder.
    Heavy footsteps sounded near the door…
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

alerting her to the current predicament she was in.

Sweat beaded from her forehead to down between the valley of her breasts. The sweat was a true sign she was nervous about her fate.

"Surrender noble Haynsworth and no one has to get hurt." A gruff voice announced through the solid door.

"No I will not surrender to the likes of Sir Ivon Paxton." Rheda shrieked, as she darted quickly to the other door of the abandoned church.

She swung the door wide open just as the door behind her opened with an almighty bang.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; November 2nd, 2008 at 05:07 PM.

Just Finished Reading: The Other Queen, Philipa Gregory
    TBR: ten

Awards Showcase

"Snippet of a wench!" A powerful voice boomed. "Where are you?"
    She let her gaze dart about her. There was going to be a fight and no doubt.
    "Ye'll die in the effort, " she thought.
    Crooked Angel, third book in the Shannon Wallace Mysteries coming soon!
    http://www.mkimsmith.com

Standing at the open doorway, she could not force her legs to move. The Norman knight paused by the first pew as if he had all the time in the world. If he wanted, within a few long strides, he would catch her, yet she remained frozen by Sir Ivan's green eyes. Those same eyes had shined with affection only a few days ago, while he held her in his arms after they had made love at Baird's Inn.
    However, his gaze did not hold intimacy, only anger at betraying him. How else was she to escape the murder trial...escape the erotic hold he had over her?
    "You cannot run from me," he shouted across the church. His deep voice echoed off the walls, sending shivers along her skin.
    She clenched her sword; the urge for survival overcame her weak limbs.
    "You will not take me alive, Norman!"
    She turned at the sound of horses from behind her. If she did not leave now, she would be trapped.

Awards Showcase

She pivoted away from the approaching army of men on their horses, changing the course of her escape.
    Slowly, she followed the line of evergreen trees, heading for the area where she had left her own horse.
    Her dark green dress camouflaged her, hiding her from the watchful eye of Sir Ivon Paxton.
    "I will find you Noble Haynsworth and when I do there will be hell to pay." The same gruff voice sounded from somewhere behind her.
    "No. You will be the one to pay Sir Ivon." she shouted with certainty, as she jumped onto the back of her shiny grey horse and galloped full speed, heading for the rocky mountains she spotted in the distance.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; November 2nd, 2008 at 05:09 PM.

Awards Showcase

Rheda rode deftly through the thickening forest trees. Her father had thrust her upon a horse before she made her first steps and riding felt more natural to her than walking.
    Her heart beat as quickly as her reliable steed's hooves. Night would soon fall and although she knew her way well in this forest, she also knew the perils of a woman alone. Danger did not frighten her but she was no fool. She must find a place to hide soon.
    And there...ahead! A familiar and welcome sight on a chestnut mare. "Father Edmund!" Rheda called out.
    TBR: 30

Awards Showcase

"Sir Ivan is coming. We must run."
    "No Rheda," her father's deep voice echoed with conviction. "I should have put an end to this foolishness long ago. I am sorry I did not believe you." His wrinkled face and emerald green eyes held the approval Rheda had hoped for her entire life.
    Her eyes filled with tears and her heart ached.
    "Go Rheda," Edmund commanded and flashed her a brief smile before his lips resumed his normally grim expression.
    Last edited by Kimberly Burke; November 2nd, 2008 at 12:54 AM. Reason: My i phone died when I was writing the post.

Awards Showcase

Rheda ignored his firm command, denying him the satisfaction of facing Sir Paxton alone.
    "I cannot leave you to that insolent man's wrath father." she insisted, her aggressive nature shining through, warning him she would not run away and hide.
    "You can leave me and you will. That is an order Rheda." He roared, leaving Rheda completely stunned by his outburst.
    "I am not leaving. We either face Sir Paxton together or we do not face him at all." she replied in a sharp tone not to be argued with.
    Edmund sighed, clenching his fists by his side to stop himself from throttling his stubborn daughter.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; November 2nd, 2008 at 05:20 PM.

Awards Showcase

How was it possible her feelings for this man were still so strong? Rheda wondered as she drank in the sight of him, focusing on the intensity of his hungry gaze.

His amazing green eyes always hypnotised her, demanding her to submit to his every desire, his every whim.

"What did you say about King William and how did you get into the convent without anyone noticing?" Rheda asked, quickly turning away from him and breaking the deep connection between them.

"King William wants you bad Rheda. I do not know why but he wants you and is willing to kill anyone who stands in his way." Ivon admitted frustratingly.

Rheda spun around to face him, willing him to continue his spiel with a look that said "go on".

"How did you get into the convent?" Rheda repeated, demanding an answer with her harsh tone.

"I tricked Mother Abbess into helping me." he replied, grinning like a cheshire cat.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; November 11th, 2008 at 09:37 PM.

Awards Showcase

Rheda clasped her hands tightly in front of her, avoiding the urge to slap the arrogant man and wipe the smugness from his handsome face.

"I beg your pardon. Did I hear you correctly?" she snapped, stepping closer to him and invading his personal space. "You tricked Mother Abbess to obtain entry into the convent." she added while forcefully poking her forefinger against his chest, making him understand how much trickery upset her.

Suddenly he grabbed both her hands, locking them in his large one behind her back.

"I did what I had to do Rheda. You of all people should know no one or nothing could stop me." Ivon told her, pulling her against his rock hard physique.

His warm breath tickled the nape of her neck, sending goose bumps all over her slender body.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; November 13th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.