Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Reading: Too many to count Gena Showalter, Roxanne St. Claire, Jennifer Armintrout
    TBR: 10000

Awards Showcase

Even though it was her brother, Ivon wanted to be the one to soothe her. Why had she not come to him in her time of need? "Because he was trying to drag her to his castle" he derisively thought to himself. Looking around he noticed a muffled voice coming from around the corner.
    Sighing, he said in a whisper, "Rheda we must go now! They are coming! Quickly!"
    Rheda ran for the gateway with her brother on one side of her and Ivon on the other. George looked at the strapping man who obviously meant something to his little sister.
    "What has happened? Why are the king's men chasing you? Have you endangered my sister?" George's voice continued to rise until the last question was asked in a roar.
    "What right do you have to ask such questions? It isn't like you have been the best brother! Taking off and not coming back for how long? Hmmm?! Keep your questions to yourself you mangy mutt! We were doing just fine until you came along!" The words were spit in a jealous way, though Ivon could not fathom why.
    George suddenly stopped and glaring at the other knight he stated, "Well, when this mangy mutt happened upon you, the two of you were practically tupping right there in the entryway. There is a ruckus going on in the castle about an escaped prisoner and a traitor. What the hell..."
    Thwack! An arrow suddenly shot through George's shoulder stopping his outburst midsentence. Turning green, Rheda turned and saw the king's men charging full force towards them.
    "We will never make it. I cannot go back. I would rather die than become the king's leman!" She said with desperation tinting her words.
    As one George, Rheda and Ivon turned and jumped upon the nearby horses and raced into the woods, hoping they could outride their pursuers. Looking back she noticed they were gaining on them. Turning forward, she bent over the stallion hoping for a miracle that could possibly save the day. Hoping for once she could have her happily ever after.
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

A life with Ivon that would be her happily ever after. It was unlikely to occur if the three were cornered by the king's army of men. Sharp tipped arrows continued to fly, barely missing their targets.
    Rheda ducked as an arrow sailed in her direction, aimed directly at her head.
    "Watch out." George yelled, struggling to stay mounted on his horse.
    He continued. "Take care of my baby sister kind sir. Be sure to see to her safety." He nodded in Ivon's direction.
    Rheda pulled tight on her leather reigns, halting the movement of her horse as realization hit of what her brother intended to do.
    "You cannot go back in there George. The king will kill you." Rheda said.
    "I agree. That is why it will be I who will go after the king and end this one and for all." Ivon declared. He pulled his longsword from behind his back, holding it above his head. The sword glistened in the blazing hot sun, emitting an array of colours.
    "I do not think so. No one is going back." Rheda demanded. She sighed, knowing it was pointless. In her heart, she knew Ivon would do anything to protect her.
    She watched the display of colours beaming from Ivon's sword. "Beautiful." she whispered.
    "No more beautiful than you Rheda." Ivon said, sliding the sword back to where it belonged. He dismounted from his horse and went to stand before her. He reached for her hand and helped her down from her own horse. "I must go. It is the only way to keep you safe. The king deserves to suffer after everything he has done. All the women he has abused, all the good men he has killed for no reason. They all deserve justice especially your dad." he added. His sea green eyes gazed directly into hers, willing her to understand he needed to kill the king once and for all. Otherwise no one would be safe.
    "I know you feel responsible for everything the king has done Ivon. You were his right hand for many years. But it is not your fault. You did not make the king do what he has done. You did not hold a sword to his neck and threaten him. He did the things he has done because he wanted to do them." Rheda managed to say without taking a breath.
    Ivon tucked a loose tendril of her hair back behind her ear. She sucked in a breath and her pulse raced madly. She was worried she might never see Ivon again. Terrified, she wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him to her. She wanted to remain like this forever. To always be holding him, knowing he was safe and well.
    "I have to go." Ivon said, untangling himself from Rheda's arms. "Do not fear. I will be back for you. I love you Rheda."
    His declaration made her heart all warm and her head all fuzzy. She loved him too. She ought to tell him. But her mouth was dry. She was unable to say the three simple words he desperately wanted to hear. Instead she grabbed his tunic and locked her arms around his neck. Instinctively, she smashed her lips to his, kissing him with all the passion she had. He slid his tongue between her lips to explore her mouth. Rheda groaned and her nipples hardened as the kiss intensfied.
    Someone cleared their throat, breaking the possessive kiss. Rheda's face was beet red and Ivon's face was smug. Wide-eyed, George flushed, embarassed of his sister's relationship. He wished he had a special someone.
    Ivon placed a quick kiss on her forehead before mounting his horse. He faced George and said "Look after my woman."
    George nodded once.
    Then Ivon drew his sword and rode off for the castle.
    "I love you too Ivon." Rheda yelled, praying he would hear her.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; November 28th, 2008 at 05:11 PM.

TBR: 10000

Awards Showcase

With Rheda's declaration of love echoing in his ears, Ivon felt invisible. Shouting his war cry, Ivon raced back towards the castle. As the horse's hooves pounded against the ground, Ivon felt as if this was his moment in time. For all the bad deeds that he did in the name of the King. For those families that suffered from his hand. It didn't matter that his liege ordered it. They were his hands that were bloodied and his soul that was tainted with the darkness and hate of his own doings. Rushing headlong into the army, he drew his sword from his scabbard and hacked away at the men. He cringed each time there was a cry, knowing these were the men that he camped with, told bawdy jokes with, and used to wench with. His heart ached even as his determination to save his love spurred him on.
    ###
    Rheda watched her lover fight into the fray and knew that she couldn't just stand there watching. Looking at her brother, she said, "George, I cannot stand hear watching this. I have to help him. This is doubly hard for him because he is fighting men that yesterday were his comrades. Please, I have to be with him!"
    George scratched his roughened cheeks in thought. He knew his sister was strong willed and usually she did whatever she wanted. If she was asking him to go, then George knew Rheda cared deeply for this man.
    Smiling, her brother said with excitement, "Well, let's go kick some ass!!"
    With their swords raised, Rheda and George entered the fighting men, determined to fight their way to the King.
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

"Heads will roll." Rheda shouted, surging forward on her horse back to the king's castle. Her father's broadsword raised above her head. She was ready to strike, to declare war on the king and save her country's people.

Her brother grinned. "Let the games begin." He whispered, anxiously awaiting the king's demise.

Rheda lifted her sword higher, striking the first blow to one of the king's guards. Blood sputtered, staining her tunic and spraying her face.

Did the blood worry her? Of course not. Instead, she fisted her hand to the air and cooed "One down." Then she turned and winked at her brother.

Venturing further into the king's territory, Rheda continued launching her attacks, striking the guards. Defeating them one by one.

She surveyed her path of destruction and chuckled. Heads definitely rolled.

"Rheda watch out." Ivon's deep voice pierced the cool night air, snapping Rheda out of her reverie.

Rheda ducked but not quick enough. She lost control of her horse and tumbled to the ground, landing hard on her bottom. She could not breath, the air knocked out of her lungs with the fall. Her shoulder was numb and blood trickled from her shoulder. There was a longsword lodged in her. Her eyes widened. She could not accept how stupid she had been.

How could she have allowed one of the king's guards to get that close to her?

"Rheda?" Ivon asked with concern. She did not answer.

Ivon continued, conversing with her brother. "Take care of her. I am going after the king and will end this once and for all." Those were the last words Rheda heard before everything went black.
    Last edited by CharmedGirl; November 30th, 2008 at 08:04 PM.

Default Ending for A Knight's Dark Eyes

Ivon rode toward the castle and pulled his mount to a halt.
    The king sat upon his black warhorse with sixty men behind him, all were ready with swords and shields.
    His heart pumped with adrenaline. He stared at the king, judging how close he could get to His Majesty before his guards sliced him apart.
    He would not make it, but he could not stop now. If he turned back, Rheda would have to run for her life forever, always fearful of being caught.
    Ivon took a deep breath. Nae. He would stay and fight, even if it meant he had little chance of surviving.
    "I demand a challenge of the sword," Ivon shouted. The king would probably not agree, but it was his only hope.
    The guards laughed at Ivon's audacity. Nobody challenges a king. Even if Ivon won, he would be killed for taking the life of the sovereign.
    "I accept!" the king shouted and swiftly swung from his saddle.
    Ivon gently rose and lifted his leg over the saddle, the wound in his side shot pain through his chest. He gritted his teeth and stepped down. Very soon his injury would not matter.
    He would do anything to keep Rheda safe.
    The weight of a stare forced him to look over his shoulder.
    She was here!
    Rheda sat on her white steed next to her brother. Her face seemed pale, but she sat upright as if she were a queen worthy of a throne.
    He nodded to her and she returned the gesture.
    He had no choice. The king must die.
    Pulling the sword from the scabbard, he walked to the middle ground. The king waited for him, swinging his gleaming sword from side to side.
    "Think you can take a king?" he gloated, a sneer etched on his arrogant face.
    "Aye," Ivon replied and readied his sword.
    The king lunged, aiming at Ivon's chest, but he leaped backward out of the blade's path.
    Metal on metal sparked as the king pressed the attack with agility and strength. Ivon parried and dodged the aggressive advance and then returned with a lunge.
    The king danced out of the way. He laughed at Ivon's attempts. "When you are dead, Rheda will open her legs to me every night."
    Fury burned within, but Ivon knew the king wanted him careless, emotional. He smiled in return.
    "From what I hear about your tiny size, she would not have to open her legs very wide."
    The king roared with anger and lunged at Ivon. He sidestepped and the king ran passed him, giving Ivon the chance to ram his sword into the king's exposed back.
    He turned around. The king lay on the ground, blood oozing from his back, his face in the dirt.
    Ivon crouched beside him and rolled him over.
    The king's guards gathered around.
    "I did not want to kill you," Ivon confessed, torn with guilt for the man he grew up with.
    The king coughed and winced. "There is something I wanted to tell you."
    Ivon leaned closer.
    "You are my brother."
    "What?" Ivon uttered.
    "Your mother was my father's mistress, but when she died in labor my father gave you to his friend to raise." The king coughed up blood. "I am the only one who he told. I...I"
    The king's brown eyes closed and his body became limp as his spirit left.
    Ivon rose to his feet and stared at the soldiers. One by one, they bowed, showing their allegiance.
    Rheda pushed through the men and ran into his arms.
    He kissed her with passion, as a man who had a second chance at life and at love.

Rheda returned the kiss with all her heart. She was free and Ivon was alive! She wanted to cry, to shout to the world that her love was alive.
    She looked at him, tears welling in her eyes.
    "Would a Saxon Lady ever consider a Norman King for her husband?" he asked, his warm arms around her waist.
    "Aye, this Saxon would."
    The soldiers' cheers sounded throughout the glen but Rheda paid no heed to it. Her heart was captured by the love shining in her knight's dark eyes.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456