Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Any crochetors around?

I learned to crochet when I was little. I didn't really start doing any projects until recently when my mom and I prepared for a craft fair that was in our area. I had alot of fun doing this and have continued to do different projects. Right now I am currently working on dishtowel toppers that look like dresses.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Exclamation I crochet!

I crochet. I am still at the blanket stage. I love doing it. Total downtime for the brain. PLUS, if you have arthritis...I think it helps...at least it does mine!

Have you seen the new shows on HGTV for this season? One is Knitty Gritty and the other is Uncommon Threads. They both have great instructions on how to either crochet or knit or sew or a combination.

I admit it, most of them are over my head! BUT I still enjoy watching them and learning some of their tricks and tips.

Plus..they have all of the patterns on line. And as much as those patterns cost in the store, that is worth it!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

No I have not seen those shows. I am not a knitter unless I can use the knifty knitter looms. I have done several blankets for the children but I am really wanting to try to do other things. I would really like to make doll clothes after I do the towel toppers.

Awards Showcase

Red face

More power to ya honey! You are more of a woman than I am (jealous here). BUT I do have a place to get Doll Patterns and the clothes to make while crocheting.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...ls_clothes.php

Thanks for the site. I will have to check it out. I love free patterns. The books are so expensive anymore that I usually just look online for the messge boards or free patterns.

Awards Showcase

I use to love to crochet, but my carpal tunnel makes it very hard to do anymore.

I have made blankets and baby hats.

I made my Sister-in-law Christmas Stockings with her kids names crocheted on them.
  7. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Karenne View Post
    I crochet. I am still at the blanket stage. I love doing it. Total downtime for the brain.
    I am too Karenne. I've been working on a blanket for my son for the past year (more like two). It's purple, orange and Yellow (he picked the colors). I'll have to post a pic of it (not that it's finished).

I was taught, by all people, my step mother, but I didn't learn more than how to do a single chain. I tried other things, but ended up making necklaces instead with what I knew (hey I was only 8 when I learned).
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Awards Showcase

Red face

At least you learned at an early age. I learned a couple of years ago....thru a BOOK!!!

Man that was hard!

9. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

I'm still learning (with a book). I'm striving to be as good as my Great Grandmother. She could crochet huge blankets for the beds. I'll have to take pics of what she was working on when she passed so you can see. The stiches are so small and she had fast hands (or so I was told).
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.

Awards Showcase

Which book are you using?

For Crochetting, I used Crochetting for Dummies

For Knitting...I am using Kids Knitting (yes a kids book) but it is a little easier to understand versus the adult books.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast