Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Default Any crochetors around?

I learned to crochet when I was little. I didn't really start doing any projects until recently when my mom and I prepared for a craft fair that was in our area. I had alot of fun doing this and have continued to do different projects. Right now I am currently working on dishtowel toppers that look like dresses.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Exclamation I crochet!

I crochet. I am still at the blanket stage. I love doing it. Total downtime for the brain. PLUS, if you have arthritis...I think it helps...at least it does mine!

Have you seen the new shows on HGTV for this season? One is Knitty Gritty and the other is Uncommon Threads. They both have great instructions on how to either crochet or knit or sew or a combination.

I admit it, most of them are over my head! BUT I still enjoy watching them and learning some of their tricks and tips.

Plus..they have all of the patterns on line. And as much as those patterns cost in the store, that is worth it!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

No I have not seen those shows. I am not a knitter unless I can use the knifty knitter looms. I have done several blankets for the children but I am really wanting to try to do other things. I would really like to make doll clothes after I do the towel toppers.

Awards Showcase

Red face

More power to ya honey! You are more of a woman than I am (jealous here). BUT I do have a place to get Doll Patterns and the clothes to make while crocheting.

http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com...ls_clothes.php

Thanks for the site. I will have to check it out. I love free patterns. The books are so expensive anymore that I usually just look online for the messge boards or free patterns.

Awards Showcase

I use to love to crochet, but my carpal tunnel makes it very hard to do anymore.

I have made blankets and baby hats.

I made my Sister-in-law Christmas Stockings with her kids names crocheted on them.

Awards Showcase

This is something I want to learn, but is there ever time? Well someday, right?

Awards Showcase

Wink Learning to Crochette & Knit

You are just going to die laughing at me, but I read the book "crochetting & Knitting for Dummies" and then spent 30 minutes a night (while watching TV in the evening) and worked on learning it. 30 minutes..that is all. BUT it worked and now I do it to and am able to work on the project and watch tv or converse at the same time.

I will also tell you that if you get hand cramps or have arthritis..this is a great way to work it out and it helps make the knuckles become more nimble.

Reading: Dragon Wytch, by Yasmine Galenorn
    TBR: Many

Awards Showcase

I have that book too! I am also a blanket crocheter, though my friends and relatives aren't complaining (yet). It helps relax me and I can watch T.V. at the same time.

Default you need a blanket?

My husband teases me that we'll end up insulating our house with crocheted blankets, I make so many. I looooove crocheting. I knit, too, but...crocheting goes so much quicker, and I usually do repetitive patterns, so I can just sit and watch TV, or ride in the car and work.

I'm working on a crocheted jacket, now...or at least, I am when I'm not at the computer.

Dayna Hart

Like nothing you've ever imagined

Go Between available now at Samhain Publishing

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast