Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Reading: everything I can get my hands on

Awards Showcase

Housework? You've got to be kidding me?! I don't ever feel like doing that!

How do you get your muse under control? Mine is just being selfish and ugly right now, she just doesn't want to work on the current MS, she wants to start another. UGH!
    Tami Winbush

Promotions Manager - Champagne Books
    www.champagnebooks.com
    http://champagnebooks.blogspot.com

No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions? -Charles Steinmetz
    ~~~~~~~~~

I just made two baby blankets for twins coming along in my family. I love to crochet. Started when I was little. Made all kinds of things over the years.

Jennifer Robins
    www.jenniferrobins.com
    Reading: Turning the Tide by Christine Stovell
    Just Finished Reading: That Perfect Someone by Johanna Lindsey
    TBR: 50+?

Awards Showcase

I'm not sure Muses can be controlled! But I find it helps if I allow myself to write whatever scene is really clamouring to get out and then I can put that aside and maybe work on the rest some other time. Then I force myself to return to the WIP. Not fool-proof, but nothing is!

Baby blankets - yes, love doing those, they're quick and easy!
    Reading: Furiously
    Just Finished Reading: The Golden Key Chronicles - A J Nuest
    TBR: Loads

Awards Showcase

I taught myself to crochet many years ago, and have done various things, including a dress and jacket, and a poncho, which I still have and am especially proud of. The vivid patterning and colours make it lovely to snuggle into on a cold day. Haven't crochetted for ages because I just don't have time any more, but it's the only 'domestic' type craft I'm any good at. I was never much good at knitting and only sew when necessary. Crochetting has so many uses from lacy doilies to complete outfits.
    Lyn -
    HYWELA LYN
    S
    tarquest; Children Of The Mist; Dancing With Fate;
    Available from: The Wild Rose Press:
    My forum group at Coffeetime Romance
    Facebook
    http://www.hywelalyn.co.uk
    http://hywelalyn.blogspot.com

I have made many table and furniture doilies. One year I made so many for Christmas gifts my hands were ready to fall off. Most were white but a few in colors to match those with certain color scheme in their houses. It was great. I also have made many Afghans for gifts and for my own house. Still have them.

Jennifer Robins
    www.jenniferrobins.com
    Reading: Donna MacMeans THE TROUBLE WITH MOONLIGHT
    Just Finished Reading: Tori Carrington's Sophie Metropolis' WORKING STIFF. Loved it!
    TBR: Lots!

Awards Showcase

Default Me, too;-)

I've done a lot of crocheting over the years, too. I've made rugs, baby afghans and too many large afghans to remember. The most complicated was a white one with a gold 50th embroidered in one corner for a wedding anniversary gift.

My biggest ever project was a queen sized bed spread in multi-colors. Each row took about half an hour. If I tried that now, my hands would probably fall off. LOL!
    Hugs, Becky
    www.BeckyBarker.com

BRIDLETON, Available June 6th
    Reading: everything I can get my hands on

Awards Showcase

Can't seem to get myself to crochet anything lately. I think I'm in my I don't give a crap phase right now. I need to get off my butt and write.
    Tami Winbush

Promotions Manager - Champagne Books
    www.champagnebooks.com
    http://champagnebooks.blogspot.com

No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions? -Charles Steinmetz
    ~~~~~~~~~

I am an avid crocheter, not sure that's a word LOL. I've been crocheting since I was a kid and we don't need to know how long ago that was. LOL
    I love the afghan stich and wow, talk about making warm blankets, they are perfect for Maine. You work on and off this extra long crochet hook.
    Is anyone familiar with this stich?
    I can do it anywhere
    Jewel
    Reading: Kresley Cole
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Needs at Nights Edge by Kresley Cole
    TBR: 27

Awards Showcase

I'm an avid crocheter. I make doll dresses, blankets, doileys, clothing, jewelry, iphone covers, laptop covers, wedding accessories, dishes (can't hold liquid but work for displays, candy dishes, bread bowls etc), hair accessories, and playing with pet accessories.
    Reading: Shadow Ops: Control Point by Myke Cole
    Just Finished Reading: Lost Gods by Kim Knox; Omega Games by S.L. Viehl
    TBR: 249

Awards Showcase

I Love to crochet! One of my last duty stations in the Air Force was Turkey. Most yarns are made there, so I was in crochet heaven! They have some lovely traditions, and believe that a woman who can't crochet will never get a husband. LOL. They were absolutely delightful to work with.

I suffered an injury that stiffened up my ring finger and pinky on my hand. Crochet helped me with dexterity, and my hand is almost as good as new. :D It's awesome to see so many crocheters. I hope we get this thread going again!
    Dawn Montgomery
    Action. Adventure. Erotic Romance.
    http://www.dawnmontgomery.com/blog

Other places I haunt:
    Twitter | Facebook | Writing Blog | Website

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567