Hybrid View

Default Any Bachelor/Bachelorette fans out there?

I'm beside myself silly with happiness!

Need I say more? :D

OMG I can't wait till Jan 5th!!!!!
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

I'm still dancing on rooftops waiting on this next installment of the Bachelor which starts on ABC Jan 5th!

I know I know, I get all the jokes from my family, I don't need to hear it here. lol But can I just say in my own defense...A I have no life. B I'm a romance writer and C a hopeless romantic! I am convinced if I just keep watching it, I'll get the happy ending I'm waiting for. lmao

I completely fell in love with Jesse and his son during The Bachelorette and was devastated and dumbfounded when Deanna picked Jesse instead, if Jason disappoints me and picks some dumb chick, I'm going to lose faith in all human kind!

Did I mention the part where I have no life? :D
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

It's finally here!!

Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow!

Only I can't watch it till Tuesday HMPH!

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Okay, I FINALLY watched the first two episodes!

I think he picks Melissa, and that's good, I like her, but I also like Nikki, Jillian, Stephanie is such a beautiful spirit, and there's something about the bad mouthed Megan I like. LOL She's earthy and sexy.

I just hope he picks the right woman...I DEMAND MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER!
    Last edited by Samantha Lucas; March 2nd, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

This was a hard season for me to watch being on the road, I had to wait until Tuesday and watch it on line, and there were weeks I'd be too busy then I'd end up watching like three episodes in a row. LOL But I'm all caught up, live in a home again and have cable, so I'm totally psyched about tonight!

Has anyone seen the internet rumors where they're saying he picks Melissa, then dumps her for Molly in the after the rose special?!!!!!!!!!!!

I have trouble buying that, but something is clearly up...I can't wait for tonight! :D

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Oh my God, I can't believe he did it!

Not my Jason, are there no more truly good decent single men left out there!!!!!

I know, I'm sure there are, they just don't go on reality dating shows. sigh I'm still a little stunned and disgusted quite frankly.

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

I watched Melissa on Ellen today, and was so glad to see how happy she seemed.

And I absolutely LOVED the classy way she dissed Jason and Molly when asked if she'd be friends with them one day. She responded in a very nice way, saying, no, Jason and Molly just don't have the kind of qualities of people she'd want to be friends with.

I say good for her and I hope she finds happiness in her new relationship. :D

So anybody have any thoughts on our newest Bachelorette, Jillian?

They offered it to Melissa, but she turned them down. I liked Jillian quite a bit, but I'm not sure about watching her sift through twenty five guys.

Plus, I'm still nauseous from this season's ending, not sure I'm ready to jump back in...but then again, The Bachelorette doesn't start until May.

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Default When our expectations let us down

This is from my blog today, thought I'd repost here

I, like many of you, was so incredibly excited when this season of The bachelor began. I mean, it was Jason for crying out loud! He was supposed to be the good guy. He was just like us, not some Hollywood model type. He was going to be Prince Charming and we were all going to see that a real person, could make this whole thing work. Then he let us all down by proving he was just as flawed and screwed up as the rest of us.

I'm disappointed, I think, not because he and Melissa didn't make it, I mean at this point, as much as I like to dream there will be a happily ever after, I'm not honestly expecting one. However, I think they made a HUGE mis-judgement letting us know he'd dumped Melissa and went back with Molly. Especially four minutes after we all saw the wonderfully blissful moments they shared as a newly engaged family.

It would have gone over better in the gossip columns a month from now when we'd all gone back to our normal lives, rather than live in the After the Final Rose special.

Give us our happily ever after, then dash our hopes and dreams after we've moved on and don't care as much, not while we're still crying and saying awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I don't believe the outcome was scripted, that there was some huge conspiracy from the beginning to get ratings, but I do think they capitalized on what was going on with Jason/Melissa/Molly by letting Jason dump Melissa and go back to Molly on the air. And it worked brilliantly, they got 17 million viewers!

But at what cost?

Melissa was devastated, Jason (for all he foolishly brought it on himself) has to live with being hated by millions, that's gotta suck, and I'm guessing it's going to hurt their ratings long term. Though I could be wrong, but I'm really turned off what has been my favorite guilty pleasure for years. I'm not even sure I'm going to watch The Bachelorette come spring. I'd imagine I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Of course by then I'm sure I'll have moved on and I did like Jillian quite a bit from day one, so who knows.

I think I'll just write my own Bachelor type romance and give myself the happy ending no one else seems to be able to manage. lol

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter