or things I've learned so far anyway.
My friend Shonna sent me this fwd today, it hit me where I'm living at the moment, so I thought I'd share.
- I have a terrible problem with vanity
- After three days in a van, vanity can go fuck itself! There are just more important things than what your hair looks like or if you're wearing make-up or not! Like sleep!!!
- Dale and I get along better then I thought people could. You'd think by now (and trust me, I've had a couple of stellar bitchy days) he'd be sick of me or grouchy at the very least! The man is a saint...ok, so lets not go that far, but he's truly the most wonderful man I know and I love him more every day we're out here.
- The Liberty Bell needs to be more accessible to the people. I was thinking a rolling street cart so I could have seen it from the car!
- I don't like truck stops too much, but their showers ROCK!
- I am more capable than I give myself credit for.
- There is a LOT of water and even more trees in this country!
- I can handle about anything but heat and moving...but that's not really fair coz I knew that already.
- The Woman's voice on the Garmin, we have named her Nancy
- And I miss my kids more than they'll ever understand
a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She
hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always
there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see
the world, I will marry you.'
someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages
came off, she was able to see everything, including her
her,'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The
girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind. The
sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected
that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life
led her to refuse to marry him.
boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her
saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before
they were yours, they were mine.'
how the human brain often works when our status changes.
Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who
was always by their side in the most painful situations.
Life Is a
before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't
you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone
who has nothing to eat.
you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone
who's crying out to GOD for a companion.
before you complain about life - Think of someone who went
too early to heaven.
whining about the distance you drive Think of someone who
walks the same distance with their feet.
you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the
unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your
depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on
your face and think: you're alive and still