Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Typing 300,000 words in 60 days!

Sounds insane doesn't it? lol

I've started a six book series, the series I've been dying to write actually, and I want to have all six books finished before I go back home.

Now as of the end of the month, I'll be ready, financially and emotionally, to go home, but I know moving in and getting settled will be a distraction. I want to live my life now with more intention and more focus on the day to day rather than the big picture, so I'd really love, need really, to have all six of these books done and subbed before I step across my new threshold. :D

So I'm buckling down

5k a day, which under normal circumstances, really isn't that much of a stretch, will do it. So I know I can do this, it's just a matter of discipline at this point and so far so good. In three days I'm just over 15k!

I'll track my progress in this thread for anyone interested, plus give you a sneak peak into the world of Brooke and Finn. It's a magical place that I don't think you've ever seen quite this way.

My hope of course is that readers come to love these stories and that the series won't end at six books, but that's up to you.

The Goal:
    300,000 words in 60 days

The Progress:

Book One:

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by Samantha Lucas; January 8th, 2009 at 01:43 AM.
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

Good Luck Samantha I hope you manage to do this I'll keep my fingers crossed for you
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Good luck Samantha. I'm sure you'll make it.

You can do it!
    Now available.

Quick Pieces of Kinky Smut

Available from Phaze

Make sure to visit my website Romantic Heretic or friend me at Facebook Rob Graham

Thanks everyone!!!

Yesterday was kinda :P I did work stuff on-line blogging answering emails, updates on the website, that kinda stuff. Then there was life stuff and eating, sheesh, and so by the time I got around to writing last night, it was late and I had the worst headache, so I only got 2500 written.

So far today though I'm at 4k. I'm taking a break, then a pov switch and hopefully I can crank out another few thousand :D
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Today's the day...in theory, that I reach the halfway point of Book One of this series. I'm SO excited, despite being 1k behind schedule and procrastinating something fierce this morning, I still hope to hit 30k before I crash tonight!

Here's your first peak into the world I'm creating.

My hero is Finn Lockhart, GM of a world famous amusement Park and die hard bachelor.

Not for the reasons most men are bachelors, for him it's more because he feels he's already done the dad thing when he raised his two younger sisters. He doesn't feel the need to do it again and he's adamant about this.

Brooke Bentley had planned the dream vacation of a lifetime with her best friend, not expecting he'd get called away one day into the trip. (Anyone familiar with my personal life...sound familiar? lol)

Luckily for Brooke, she meets a handsome prince who shows her the keys to his kingdom and so much more!

That's all you get for now...stay tuned.

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

ACK!

Damn life LMAO

I'm waaay off, but still writing, plus it looks like I'm going home sooner than I thought, but I will finish these books! grrrrrr I'm tenacious. :D

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

Keep going Samantha. You will finish them just not in the amount of time you wanted to.

Thanks

and truly the most important thing was to get writing again, because I only subbed one book all last year, when the year before that I subbed 14. :P lol I need to get back to work and start building again, I'm ready.

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Damn, you go girl. Hey, where did you get those widgits? I want one. or two.
    Catherine Bybee
    New York Times & USA Today
    Bestselling Author
    Highland Shifter ~ Available Now
    Married by Monday ~ Available Now
    Wife by Wednesday ~ Available Now
    What would you do for ten million dollars?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast