writersblock Exciting Advance Reviews for Fire at Midnight!

“Lisa Marie Wilkinson weaves deep emotion, tenderness and sensuality into a rich historical tapestry in this sweeping romance of adventure and intrigue.”

- Christine Wells, author of Scandal’s Daughter, The Dangerous Duke

“Lisa Marie Wilkinson's debut novel, Fire at Midnight, is a wonderfully entertaining read, full of intriguing historic details, non-stop action, a smart heroine and a hero to die for.”

-RITA nominated author Jenna Kernan

“Your story has stayed with me since judging it in the Merritt two years ago. I'm so glad I was able to read the entire thing. Sebastien had my heart pounding throughout the book. What a perfect blend of sexy rogue and hero. My favorite line was when you described his kiss as being designed to extract her soul from her body. Ahhh, I just melted along with Rachael.”

- Tara West, author of Sophie’s Secret

"A stunning historical debut by Lisa Marie Wilkinson, FIRE AT MIDNIGHT is a fast-paced read filled with mystery, intrigue and passionate characters who will captivate readers until the last page."
    “The heart-wrenching opening made a lot of promises, and the story delivered every one!”

- Stacey Kayne, author of The Gunslinger’s Untamed Bride, Maverick Wild

“Ms Wilkinson brings early 18th England and Cornwall chillingly to life. The story is woven around real history and events that fascinate, from Bedlam to the greatest storm ever experienced on Britain’s south coast.

Sebastien is a hero to die for, fierce, volcanic and very French with a double who complicates matters at every turn. Rachael is a lovely innocent lass, full of grit and determined to protect her baby brother. Innocent, that is, until seduced by her irresistible French captor, who learns to his cost, she’s not the only one who has been seduced.

A passionate story of intrigue and betrayal among two families inextricably linked to smuggling and the wrecking of ships. With high stakes at every turn and wonderful characters from all walks of life, the book is an emotional roller coaster ride from beginning to end.”

- Michele Ann Young, author of No Regrets, The Lady Flees Her Lord

“Author Lisa Marie Wilkinson writes of an uncertain romance
    smothered in deceit, evil, and hatred. The Great Storm of 1703 and the Eddystone Lighthouse also play parts in this unusual historical adventure.

Sebastian's unfortunate family history blends with Rachael's current family crisis, creating sympathy for both characters and making a drama-filled story.

Both characters are attractive, strong people challenged by misadventure and misfortune. They have more to overcome, for how can the hero and heroine ever come together, even if they learned to trust one another? One hates France, the other hates England.

For a well researched and entertaining historical filled with unforeseen twists and turns for your enjoyment, try FIRE AT MIDNIGHT."

-Robin Lee, Romance Reviews Today

“Twins, torn apart as small children, raised separately in different countries, with opposite beliefs clash in this riveting book by Lisa Marie Wilkinson. Full of twists and turns, it will definitely keep you turning the pages to find the answer! Read Fire at Midnight and enjoy!”

-Debbie Meredith, Romance Expert Bookseller
    Lisa Marie Wilkinson
    Author of Historical Adventure Romance
    Stolen Promise, available now!
    5 Blue Ribbons, Romance Junkies
    5 Stars, Affaire de Coeur Magazine
    5/5 Cups, Coffee Time Romance
    Fire at Midnight, available now!
    IPPY Gold Medal Winner
    Winner, USA Book News Best Books
    http://www.lisamariewilkinson.com
    Reading: Superstition's Desire by Lisa Campbell
    Just Finished Reading: The Conqueror by Kris Kennedy

Awards Showcase

Wonderful review comments, Lisa Marie! I was reading over your post just as my hubby was handing me the mail, asking me who this envelope was from---with your name as the sender! Talk about coincidence!!

Thank you so much for the book mark and magnet. It was a surprise. When I went to your site, I saw that you had taken it upon your self to mail everyone who entered your contest a book mark and magnet----150 of them!! MOST impressive. As I said before I love the cover with the lighthouse picture. I have lighthoue pictures in my dining room/kitchen area, so your magnet will be perfect on my fridge.

Julie

Hi Julie,
    I am so happy you liked the bookmark and magnet. I was looking for a way to acknowledge the folks who had entered my contest and this was a small way I could show my appreciation and still be able to afford to send something to everyone.

I've placed a new poll under the "Contests" section asking what you would like to see as a prize in a future contest. I'm going to try to run contests on a regular basis, but I'd like for them to be fun and interesting!

Lisa Marie
    Lisa Marie Wilkinson
    Author of Historical Adventure Romance
    Stolen Promise, available now!
    5 Blue Ribbons, Romance Junkies
    5 Stars, Affaire de Coeur Magazine
    5/5 Cups, Coffee Time Romance
    Fire at Midnight, available now!
    IPPY Gold Medal Winner
    Winner, USA Book News Best Books
    http://www.lisamariewilkinson.com

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

they are great reveiws congratulations
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: Superstition's Desire by Lisa Campbell
    Just Finished Reading: The Conqueror by Kris Kennedy

Awards Showcase

Lisa Marie,
    Personally, I think that type and frequency of prizes really depends on what you can afford. Though I would say that the harder the contest is, the better the prize.

BTW, what great reviews you have on your site about Fire at Mimdnight---and from so many sources.

Julie
    Reading: Revealers, Amanda Marrone
    Just Finished Reading: The Other Queen, Philipa Gregory
    TBR: ten

Awards Showcase

congrats! it's a job these days to get reviews(i am trying also!) so this is a great feat accomplished!
    Crooked Angel, third book in the Shannon Wallace Mysteries coming soon!
    http://www.mkimsmith.com