After reading Leah Braemelís post on making a book trailer and seeing her new trailer last week, I decided to try making one of my own. Armed with Leahís instructions, plus the instructions Iíd saved a while ago from Brenda Coulter, I started on my book trailer journey.

I enjoyed making my trailer, although Leah was right when she said it was a huge time suck. It took me all of Saturday night plus most of Sunday to get as far as I have. Itís fairly basic and I havenít experimented much with fading pictures out etc. That will come with my next attempt. One thing I knew for sure was that I shouldnít make my trailer too long. As a viewer of trailers, my attention wanders after one and a half minutes. I decided I needed to make my trailer as short as I could.

There are some wonderful book trailers available for viewing on Youtube and some real stinkers. I think mine fits somewhere in the middle. Iím happy with my first attempt, and Iím sure that next time will be easier because Iíve learned so much. Trial by doing!

Do you like to make book trailers? Do you have any handy hints to share on making trailers? Readers, do you enjoy watching trailers or do you run a mile when you see authors promoting them? Are there particular things you like or dislike about trailers?