Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossing Dixie

Hybrid View

Reading: One Dependable Man by Rita Thedford
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

Default Crossing Dixie

Hi, I'm Wendi Darlin, your friendly, neighborhood Coffee Write hostess for March 2009. I'm a Southern lady with a "thang" for cowboys. Nothing gets my motor running faster than a smooth Southern drawl and good-fitting pair of jeans. I grew up in rural north Florida and now live in sunny south Florida with my husband, son, sheltie, and a little wiener dog named Sparky.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this story takes us, and I think we're going to have a lot of fun. So first let me give you a little set up and then the first paragraph to get you started. You can take it from there! Ready?

BACKGROUND:

Wes Colter had owned the biggest spread in west Texas. But that was a long time ago. His hot head had cost him the family ranch, the woman he loved, and every damn dime he had. But Wes wasn’t the quitting kind. He went for broke after everything he wanted. And eventually he got it.

Dixie Mason was on top of the world. At least it looked that way from her back porch. The Rocking C ranch sprawled as far as the eye could see, and now that her father had died the entire place belonged to her. She wasn’t alone though. Wes’s memory danced in every shadow. This ranch had been his. If he hadn’t tried to double cross her daddy, it still would be. And she would belong to him too. She had no doubt about that.

Word on the street was Wes had sauntered back into town. Now her every nerve stood on edge. He might be able to walk out on her and not look back, but he wouldn’t be able to stay away from the ranch. If he expected her to hand this land and her heart over without a fight, he had another thought coming. Dixie had learned two things in her life, don’t ever trust a double-crosser, and don’t ever give your heart to a man who doesn’t even have the balls to say goodbye when he leaves.

And now let's get started!

CROSSING DIXIE:

Wes Colter slowed his old truck down as soon as he saw the rough-hewn fence of the Rocking C Ranch. Pride filled his chest, but the slam of reality hit him hard. No reason to be proud of something that wasn’t his. And pride wasn’t going to see him through what he had to do. Slim Mason would have been hard enough to deal with but now that the old man was gone, Dixie was in charge of the place. Wes didn’t think for a second that little lady would give him an inch of slack. Not that he deserved any. He had a proposal for her, though. If she’d sell him the five acres his grandparents’ house sat on, at least he’d have a place to hang his hat until he was able to make her a deal she couldn’t refuse.

(You take it from here!)

Wendi Darlin
    www.wendidarlin.com
    www.wendidarlin.blogspot.com
    Wendi Darlin - Hot Southern Lovin'
    www.wendidarlin.com
    www.wendidarlin.blogspot.com
    www.groups.yahoo.com/group/midnightseductions

Better than Chocolate - Wilder Roses
    Cowboy Games - Siren Publishing
    Rough & Ready - BookStrand
    Hired Hands - The Wild Rose Press
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

The sort of deal fully capable of benefiting all parties involved. As Wes carefully considered the kind of deal he could offer without offending Dixie, he turned into the rock-strewn driveway of the ranch he'd grown up on and eventually hoped to own all the while thinking that dreams don't come true. He cruised slowly through the old rickety wooden gates and under the wrought iron Rocking C Ranch sign, to enter the 500 or so acre property and proceeded down the driveway to the heart of the estate--the house. When he caught a glimpse of the house, he was perfectly content to notice that some things hadn't changed. Things such as the stately home that once belonged to his grandparents, the luscious expanse of grassland that sprawled as far as the eye could see and the sultry Texas air. Air that currently whistled in through the truck's open window, blowing his dark brown hair into his wary eyes. The sting helped to keep him awake, all because he'd been driving for hours from Wyoming, the place where he'd been working for the last seven years.

As he pulled up in front of the house, and jumped out of his truck, he heard the soft cadence of Dixie's voice say "Well, look what the cat dragged in."

He spun on his heel, and glanced at the woman he loved.

Christ he thought, she was even more beautiful than he remembered, if that was at all possible.

Just Finished Reading: Fumble Recovery by Pepper Espinoza
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

"Well, darlin, you're a sight for sore eyes." He forced his face into a mask of easy indifference. A slow, cocky grin spread across his face, even though inside his guts twisted harder than a winding mountain road.

"And you're a sore sight. What the hell are you doing here?" She propped her hands on her hips and glared at him.

"Why I've come back to collect what's mine."

"Your 'stuff' is piled in the shed behind the barn. Other than that, there's nothing here for you."

"That's no way to treat the man you love. How about a little kiss?"

Fourth and Goal--Available Now from Loose Id
    Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed, he Dance, and The Gift Horse--Available from Siren Publishing
    Reading: Editing my own work
    Just Finished Reading: Lora Leigh
    TBR: Lots

Awards Showcase

Default Crossing Dixie, pt 4

"A kiss?" She spiked her petite brow as she openly mocked him with the way she curved those sultry lips into a half smile. "I'd rather kiss that old horse you used to make me ride."

Wes grinned and didn't even bother to hide his amusement. Dixie flashed those brilliant green eyes at him, and his grin grew to an all out smile. He loved it when he got under her skin. "He never bucked you off."

"No thanks to you."

If she only knew how much he worked with that horse, day and night, all so he wouldn't so much as nudge her without her wanting him to. Wes knew Scout would never do anything to hurt her.

Neither would he.

He ignored the pinch in his gut and cleared his throat. "I think we need to talk."

Dixie turned and walked out of the room, knowing he'd follow her. He always followed her, ever since they were kids. "We are way past the point of talking, Wes. Like I said, all your stuff is out back. Take it and go."

Enough. He chopped up the distance between them and pulled her into his arms, loving the way her curves fit against his body. "Not until I have my say. I've come for what's mine, darlin'."

"But--"

"And I'm not leaving until I have it all." He lowered his head and slanted his lips to hers.
    Last edited by alliekadams; March 1st, 2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelled wrong

~Allie K. Adams~

"At Any Cost", Siren - Out NOW
    "Seek And Destroy", Siren - Out NOW

Awards Showcase

He threaded his strong fingers through her fiery red hair, and deepened the kiss, thrusting his tongue into the warm cavern of her mouth.

Dixie moaned, and wrapped her arms around his neck to prolong the erotic kiss before she finally pushed him away. But she wouldn't push him away just yet, she didn't have the strength. And not before she ascertained where the hand he'd just moved would explore.

Wes ran his calloused hand down her petite frame, settling it on the underside of her breast. Her nipples hardened, almost to the point of pain, but Dixie didn't care. All she cared about was the man in her arms. The man who she loved, but had betrayed her and left town without saying even a simple goodbye. As what happened in the past hit her, like a blow to the head, she pushed Wes away, shoving him hard in the chest and breathlessly uttered "Don't do that again."

"Why not?" Wes asked, confused.

"Because you don't have the right to kiss me like that anymore. You lost that right when you left."

TBR: lots

Awards Showcase

"You’ve changed," Wes replied, frowning. "You’re not the same girl that I . . ."

"Left? Deserted? Betrayed?" Dixie blurted out, the anger showing in her eyes. "You’re right, I’m not. I grew up. I’m not that little girl that believed in fairy tales."

"You used to believe in me," Wes sighed.

"I used to believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too but they, much like you, turned out to be fake."

Wes flinched at her response. "Dixie . . ."

"There’s nothing you can say that I want to hear Wes," Dixie interrupted. "So quit wasting my time and pick up your things and get off my property. As I said before, they’re in the shed behind the barn. I’m sure you remember the way." She turned to walk away.

"Dixie . . ." Wes replied to her retreating back. "I have a proposition for you." Dixie stopped and looked at him coldly. "I want . . . I need my grandparents place. And I’m willing to do whatever you want to get it."

"Oh really," Dixie replied coldly. "I should have known you had an ulterior motive to be here. The price is one million dollars or . . ." Wes flinched at the price and Dixie smiled, "your balls on a silver platter. The choice is yours." She turned and walked into the house.
    Reading: Anything I can get my sticky little hands on
    TBR: 1024

Awards Showcase

Wes grinned as he rubbed his palm against his thigh, wishing he'd opted for jeans which were a little less tight than these, but glad Dixie had noted his aroused state with a surprised gaze before walking off. She was going to be a challenge alright.

Rising to meet it he walked right up to the house and through the door, greeting Dixie's angry stare with hot, roving eyes as he stepped into the cool interior.

"I need to talk to you about grandpappy's place," he said. "I know it don't mean much to you but those old boards are memories for me. And I've got good cash." The old Dixie, he knew, could never resist a hard deal.

"Business?" Dixie answered warily, one glance flickering off a nearby shotgun before returning back to Wes. "If you're serious about that tiny place I might be willing to bargain. But it will cost you."
    When I was young I wanted to grow up--instead I became a Writer
    Stories, like love and laughter, are born in the soul

PIACT Undercover Agent Series
    OUT NOW! Dante I - Samhain Publishing
    Cyberius III - New Concepts Publishing
    Poseidon VII - Samhain Publishing

Web Page: www.sjwilling.com
    LiveJournal: http://hundakleptisis.livejournal.com/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/sjwilling
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sjwilling

Awards Showcase

"Fine." He said, waving his hand at the phone on the wall. "Go ahead and call the sherriff Dixie because I'm not leaving until you start being reasonable."

"What do you mean?" she asked with a frown marring her gorgeous face. "I think I'm being plenty reasonable."

"You call a million dollars for five acres of land or my balls on a silver platter reasonable?" Wes enquired with a quirked brow. Then he laughed. He couldn't help it. "I call it temporary insanity."

"Why?" She was totally confused. Why would he call her price temporary insanity? Okay, so maybe a million dollars was a little steep and for anyone else she'd ask a lot less but in Wes Colter's case, Dixie believed a million dollars was justifiable. And only for the reason that she'd be living next door to him and likely seeing him everyday, which would be more than she could handle, especially if she was keep her hands off him. Although she craved to touch him intimately again, she wasn't quite ready to forgive and forget, not after everything that had happened in the past. And as for her other price--his balls on a silver platter--she didn't really desire that. She just said it to frighten him and reveal how livid she was that he'd left without saying goodbye to the woman he loved.

"Because you're going to give me what I want sooner or later."

"When did you get so arrogant?" she asked, because he'd never been this arrogant before.

"When did you get so stubborn?" he counteracted, before strolling over to one of her lounges and sitting down.

"What are you doing?" She ambled over to the phone and picked up the cordless. "You have three seconds to get off my property before I call the sheriff Wes and this time I mean it. 3-2-..."

Wes stood up and grabbed the phone from her hand.

TBR: 1024

Awards Showcase

Wes stormed into the lounge and slammed the phone back on the receiver. No way would he let Dixie mess with him like this, not when all she needed was a good healthy dose of sex. The kind that only he could give her.

He started to turn towards her, to show her exactly what she needed, when a clicking sound made his blood chill.

"Don't point that gun at me, Dixie, unless you're willing to shoot." For the first time since he'd arrived home Wes felt out of his depth with her. The young girl he knew had really changed.

"If you don't keep on walking towards that door and oput of here," Dixie responded, her tone the coldest he'd ever heard, "that's exactly what I plan on doing."
    When I was young I wanted to grow up--instead I became a Writer
    Stories, like love and laughter, are born in the soul

PIACT Undercover Agent Series
    OUT NOW! Dante I - Samhain Publishing
    Cyberius III - New Concepts Publishing
    Poseidon VII - Samhain Publishing

Web Page: www.sjwilling.com
    LiveJournal: http://hundakleptisis.livejournal.com/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/sjwilling
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sjwilling

Awards Showcase

"No you won't, sweetheart." Wes replied as perspiration beaded across his forehead because he was afraid that Dixie might actually shoot him. Then he turned around to face her. If she was going to shoot him, he expected her to look at him when she did it, and not shoot him in the back.

"Yes I will." She said determinedly with her hands locked tight around the gun. She pointed the gun at his nether regions, which made Wes tense and automatically place his hands in front of his cock. "If you don't leave now, I'll put you out of action permanently." She added with an evil smirk on her lips.

Wes stepped closer to her, all the while keeping a close eye on the gun in her hands. "Will you now?" He drawled and Dixie rolled her eyes. "Because I don't think you will."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because if you shoot me there now, it means we won't be able to have sex later."

Cocky bastard Dixie thought and asked "What makes you think I want to have sex with you later?" as her hands started to shake around the gun.

"Because you do." He stepped closer to her again, until the gun was hitting him directly in the chest. "You want to know how I know?" She nodded. "Because I can see your red rosy nipples stretched tight against that shirt you're wearing which reminds me of times past." Dixie glanced down at her breasts just as Wes reached out and pinched her left nipple, eliciting a moan from her and causing her to drop the gun. "Don't you remember?" He whispered against the shell of her ear when he leaned in. "Your nipples were always taut when I was around. You were always excited to see me, touch me and we use to sneak off to the barn for a little one-on-one action." He pinched her nipple again.

"Please stop." she said, but not like she really meant it. In fact, she desperately craved for him to continue, seeing as though she hadn't had sex since he'd left town because she wasn't interested in anyone else.

"Is that what you want darling? You want me to stop?" he asked huskily. "Because I don't think you do. I think you want me to keep going."

He unsnapped the button on her jeans and unzipped them. "Wriggle out of your jeans sweetheart." Dixie turned her back to him, and obeyed. She wriggled her luscious ass at him, teasing him mercilessly until her jeans pooled at her feet. Then she stepped out of them, and reached for her shirt but Wes halted her movement, preferring to remove her shirt himself.