Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crossing Dixie

Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

"Nothing." Lola and the younger Lance answered simultaneously, but Dixie didn't believe them for a second, so she repeated her question to Wes.

"Wes?" she asked with a raised brow, knowing he'd answer truthfully. "The truth about what?"

"That these two are the ones who lamed Second Chance." Wes answered honestly and watched Dixie for the slightest reaction, noting her hands clenched at her sides as if she was going to punch one of them, or maybe both.

"Is that true?" Dixie asked the partners in crime, her nails digging into the palms of her hands as she clenched her fists more tightly to stop herself from hitting someone.

The young Lance reached out and grabbed Dixie's hand, holding it in his. "No it ain't Dixie. Listen to me. I would never do anything to upset you, unlike someone else we all know." Lance glanced at Wes, his eyes shooting daggers at him.

Dixie pulled her hand away and held it out to Wes. He took her hand in his and drew her in against his body, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Yes it is true Dixie. He accepted the money from old man Chandler and lamed Second Chance. Then he blamed me for it to make you hate me all so he could have you to himself."

"And Lola why did she help?"

"She did it as payback for me choosing you over her."

Just Finished Reading: No mercy/ Death by Diamonds
    TBR: alot

Awards Showcase

"Uh huh" dixie looked at the trio around the table. "you know what im so sick of this damned horse, God almighty."

Dixie hadn't cared a minute about the horse, yeah they had been forced to forfiet the race. but they went back the next year and won. It had been her own mare the one she trained that brought them victory nobody elses. Second chance had brought bad luck from the start.

"lance you are a bounder, and a cad and i wouldnt touch you with a ten foot pole, the only reason i danced with you is because wes, my wes asked me too...and you lola, are disgustin everyone in towns had a ride. why dont you just pack it in already." she felt her cheeks redding but couldnt stop her mouth from spilling.

"and you Colter, if your not home in my bed in five minutes, i really am going to kill you." she turned and walked away.

"oh and if i hear anyone so much as think that damn horses name again, ill lame them myself."
    ~~*Its not the men in your life that count, Its the life in your men*~~
    Reading: Anything I can get my sticky little hands on
    TBR: 1024

Awards Showcase

"Uh nuh!" Wes folded his arms and stared at Dixie.

Dixie stalled, stumped by the stubborn set of his body. She was feeling really strange.

"What are you waiting for?" she shot back. "That's what all of this was about, wasn't it? You just wanted to have sex with me to get your ranch back. Well, now you're getting your chance. So that makes everyone happy."

"When I make love to a woman," Wes countered her. "I like her to be sober enough to remember it."

Dixie leaned against the wall. She had no idea what was in that beer Lance had given her but the room was beginning to spin in and out of focus.

"Secondly, Second Chance losing that race all but killed your father. If you can't remember that then I know you're even more drunk than you realize."

Suddenly terrified by all the odd sensations she was feeling Dixie staggered over to Wes, gripping his arm and relying on him to keep her standing. "Help me," she begged.

She felt him stiffen and saw his eyes widen. He looked at Lance with murder in his eyes. "What have you done to her?" He demanded.
    When I was young I wanted to grow up--instead I became a Writer
    Stories, like love and laughter, are born in the soul

PIACT Undercover Agent Series
    OUT NOW! Dante I - Samhain Publishing
    Cyberius III - New Concepts Publishing
    Poseidon VII - Samhain Publishing

Web Page: www.sjwilling.com
    LiveJournal: http://hundakleptisis.livejournal.com/
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/sjwilling
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sjwilling
    Reading: Neverwhere/gone with the wind/ no mercy

Awards Showcase

Lance visibly blanched, and stutterd something dixie could no longer understand. wes looked alittle frightened, couldnt be, she thought, nothing scares him.

"nothing except losing you." his eyes looked kind of funny, sort of squigy around the edges blending with his hairline, wait, did he say something?

she couldnt make the words comeout, odd she thought, i don't care.

The light hurt her eyes. It burned. Her arm itched badly. Why the hell did her arm itch, why couldnt she itch it. Slowly memories returned, not in order not even full memories. But suddenly she rememberd wes pleading with her. what he wanted her to do?

"sir you really are going ...have leave ......I promise.......no.... A few hours." Dixie tried to focus on the words, but they didnt make sense. She tried again to use her left arm to itch the right one. Nothing.

"damit!" she heard herself snap, and suddenly her left hand was movable, she felt a weight shift, heard a rustle. He was their inches from her face, a light she had never seen in his eyes.

"colteir if you dont let me brush my teeth first i will kill you." He grinned that stupid little half smile she liked so much, and kissed her hard and soft.

"boy, you keep kissing her like that and she might pass out again." the voice was soft and warm, and she knew it was george. What the hell happened? eventually she wanted awnsers, right now she just wanted wes.

The itch in her arm was all but forgotten as she whined when he pulled away.
    she saw that stupid grin popped back in place, as he swooped back down.
    "impatient arent we?"
    Reading: Neverwhere/gone with the wind/ no mercy

Awards Showcase

There was a gentleness in his voice as he led her up the stairs. It felt so odd to be so weak, she could barley stand it. wes snaked his arm around her waist and took some of her weight.
    "Easy now darlin"
    the docter had said a few weeks and she would be back to bar brawlin and hors breaking, but that she could engage in a select few strenuos activitys as soon as she wished, as long as some one was their to catch her. the good ol' docter had added a flirty wink at the end of it. Dixie was pretty sure she caught the proper meaning. she snuggled tight to wes's chest when he sat her on the couch. He was being ridiculously supportive of the No strenuous activity route. her fingers danced up his thigh and he twitched with anticipaten.

"Dammit Dixie, you nearly died that was a big enough pill coctail to kill most people." he kissed the palm of her hand. "They still dont know all you took. Can you please just rest."

"I have a special way of resting." she mutterd, an after affect of all those pills that damn bitch had slipped her caused her to doze whenever, and randomly lose control of her eye function. She was not to opperate heavy machinary or small children. Lola, Lola, such a pretty name for evil incarnate, she thought lazily, and all because Lola wanted wes, and that dambed lance, had wanted her.

"i still cant believe Lola wanted lance....hehe"

"He can have the crazy brod, now shut up and kiss me you" He said it gentle and warm, and she wanted nothing in the world other than to oblige him.
    Reading: Deadlocked by Charlaine Harris
    Just Finished Reading: Office Affair by Jess Dee
    TBR: 15

Awards Showcase

As she leaned in to kiss him, the room spun, a kaleidoscope of colours blurring before her very eyes.

She groaned "Oh god Wes" and clutched her temples to relieve the pain. But it didn't work. Instead, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she blanked out.

# # #

"Dixie?" His little vixen's forehead thumped him solidly in the chest. "Are you okay?"

He waited for an answer but she didn't respond. So he pulled back a little to see her face. Her skin was clammy and her normally bright emerald eyes were closed. Obviously she still wasn't feeling the best.

Wes pulled her gently into his arms and laid down beside her, snuggling her back to his front. "Sweet dreams sweetheart." he whispered before he too fell asleep.

TBR: lots

Awards Showcase

Save a horse ride a cowboy . . .

Wes groaned and reached for his cellphone. Checking to make sure Dixie was sleeping peacefully he answered.

"This had better be important . . ." He told the caller.

"Well I'd be afraid I was interrupting something but the doctor reassured me that Dixie would be sleeping most of the day. How's she doing?" Sherriff Colwin asked.

Checking again to make sure she was okay, Wes responded. "She's doing okay George, she passed out as soon as I got her home, just like the doctor said. I just hope he was right when he said it would be okay if she came home. Sorry to leave you to clean up the mess but I felt it best to get Dixie out of there as quickly as possible since the hospital was stressing her even more."

"Well Lance and Lola are singing like birds blaming each other, especially when I told them we were considering attempted murder charges," the sherriff responded. "Lance considered pressing charges against you for beating the crap out of him before the ambulance got there for Dixie but I told him you were my deputy and he was resisting arrest he changed his mind."

"So I'm your deputy now?" Wes asked.

"Well if you recall I deputized you years ago to help me out when I needed it and I guess I never put in the paperwork to change it," George responded. "Wes, take care of Dixie and don't worry about things on this end. I'm meeting with the prosecutor shortly to figure out what kind of charges we can press against these two."

Dixie stirred beside him. "Thanks George, got to go - Dixie's waking up." Wes put the cellphone away and smiled at Dixie as she opened her eyes. "How you doing?"

"I feel like a herd of horses stampeded over me," she responded, trying to sit up. "So you want to tell me what happened?"

"Long or short version?" Wes asked, propping her up.

"Short, my head hurts too much for the long," she replied, closing her eyes and leaning against him.

"Lance and Lola were the ones that lamed Second Chance, they got scared when they realized that we were figuring it out and one of them slipped you some drugs to focus attention elsewhere. Except one of them wasn't aware that the other one increased the dosage in order to kill you. They're both blaming each other. Doctor says we got you to the hospital in time and they were able to pump most of it out of your stomach before it got into your system."

"Daddy always said those two were behind it, he just couldn't prove it," Dixie whispered, her throat hurting from the tube that had been down it.

"Wait you knew I didn't do it?" Wes asked. "Then why the hell you been treating me like I was guilty?"

Dixie looked at him. "You may not have done it but that check says you were considering it. Why?"

"Because I was stupid and thought the money would help me get ahead to make a better life for you." Wes answered. "I knew Second Chance didn't have a chance of winning and thought it would be easier for you to take him out of the race before hand so that he wouldn't get hurt."

"Daddy said as much," Dixie responded. "So whatcha going to do with the check?"

"Tear it up," Wes responded, taking it out of his wallet. "Like I should have long ago."

Dixie grabbed the check. "Don't. I think you should cash it, ."

Wes stared at her, not believing what she had just said. "You want me to cash it?"

"Yep," Dixie replied. "It can help make up for the time it cost you and you could use the money to help you fix up your grandparents place." She looked at Wes staring at her, not believing what she was saying. "Besides, it will be a way to get back at old man Chandler. After all what's he going to do, take you to court and say you didn't earn it?"

Wes laughed. "Dixie you amaze me. Does this mean you forgive me?"

Dixie looked at him. "I think I'm starting too and having you close by I think will help."
    Reading: One Dependable Man by Rita Thedford
    TBR: 100+

Awards Showcase

"Close by?" Wes raked his fingers through her hair and tilted her mouth to his. "Granddaddy's place is clear on the back of the property."

"Too far for you?" Dixie teased his bottom lip and rolled enough to let him hover over her.

"It's a hell of a long way for a man to be from his wife."

She snuffed a smile and planted kisses on his jaw. "I didn't know you had a wife."

"I ain't got one yet." He reached for the top button of her blouse. "But when I get done with you, you're gonna be begging to drag me down the aisle."

"Begging and dragging, huh?" She reached between them to stroke the growing bulge in his jeans. "Who's going to be doing the begging and dragging? Me or you?"

"How 'bout I beg and you drag?" He worked the last of her buttons free, and slid his hand up to cradle her breast.

Dixie's breath caught and she pulled him closer. "How 'bout you just shut up and make love to your wife-to-be."

"You ain't never gonna have to beg for that, darlin'."
    Wendi Darlin - Hot Southern Lovin'
    www.wendidarlin.com
    www.wendidarlin.blogspot.com
    www.groups.yahoo.com/group/midnightseductions

Better than Chocolate - Wilder Roses
    Cowboy Games - Siren Publishing
    Rough & Ready - BookStrand
    Hired Hands - The Wild Rose Press
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345