Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Liaden, Jenna (yay for more Jennas) and Rainy!

I'm so glad you're all here. Sounds like we have a really eclectic group here, from those just starting out to those you have a few mainstream published works under their belt already. Hopefully the info I post will be helpful to you all.

If you haven't already, check out the first lesson I posted yesterday. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask! I'll be posting more lessons this month, from how to approach an agent to what to do once you have an agent interested to how to work with your agent once you've hired her and even how to fire her (I've done that twice and lived).

I'm in Kansas City this weekend (dealing with the internet problems of death, apparently) but I will be checking in and answering questions if you have them!

JennaP
    Jenna Petersen
    Desire Never Dies -- Available Now!
    From London With Love -- Still Available
    Seduction Is Forever (October 2007)
    http://www.jennapetersen.com -- Which Lady Spy Are You?

Awards Showcase

Default Hope I'm not too late

Hi. I'm a newbie here at Coffee Time Romance and hope I'm not too late to jump into this class. I've had one book "published," albeit by a publisher I later found out to be... hmmm.... not where I needed to publish (where was Preditors and Editors when I needed them???). I've had several poems and short stories published online and in print. I have just finished the final editing of a biblical romance and have been working on the query letter and synopsis for it. I've also started work on a contemporary romance/mystery. My husband and I also own our business, which keeps us mighty busy so writing is catch as catch can!

Thanks for offering a workshop like this. It couldn't be more timely.

Welcome Judy! It's never too late to join in the conversation!
    Jenna Petersen

Default A Little Late!

I'm a bit late to the forum, but excited to be here. I plan on starting the great agent search this summer -- the novel I'm polishing should be ready by then (if all goes according to plan).

I've been writing since I was quite small, and finally got serious about it a few years ago. I've had two short stories published by The Wild Rose Press, with one more contracted, as well as a few flash pieces accepted by online eMags.

Jenna -- I love the Passionate Pen site, and can't wait to check out the information you'll be sharing with us this month!

Thanks Marianne! I'm glad Passionate Pen is helpful to you!
    Jenna Petersen

Hello! *waves*

I'm Rae. I found out about the workshop via my publishing company Lavender Isis Press, but I'm here mainly as a writer. :-) I've been writing for about 16 years now and only now have I realized what a business writing really is! I'm starting to get the hang of things, but I'm still really new at most things so I may be asking a lot of questions!

I like to write for different genres, mainly science fiction, and I'm an avid reader of multiracial romance books!

I'm going to take a look at the forum and dive into the workshop now. I'll try to absorb everything I possibly can! lol.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far! :-)

Welcome Rae. And interesting that your publisher let you know about the workshop. Hope you'll find it interesting!
    Jenna Petersen
    Reading: Jesus Calling
    Just Finished Reading: A Dog's Purpose
    TBR: 150+

Awards Showcase

Hi, I'm Vicki M. Taylor and I write women's fiction. I have two books published with Mundania Press and have a manuscript I've been entering in contests and currently working on another.

I have many short stories and articles published on the Internet and in magazines.

I belong to RWA and attend my local Chapter meetings. They are a wealth of information.

I've just finished reading all the Agent lessons and want to thank Jenna for all the hard work she put into her workshop. Will these lessons always be posted her at CTR? If so, I'd like to link to them for my writers' forum.

I don't have an agent, and I've submitted to my A list, but received rejections. Dejected, I haven't built up my "confidence" or "courage" to submit again. I'm thinking I'll go the contest route for awhile and see if I can garner interest that way.

Regardless, though, I won't stop writing.

Thanks again for a great workshop.
    Vicki M. Taylor
    Real Women. Real Life.
    My author website
    Living Stone Faith
    Your Writing Coach
    Facebook

Welcome Vicki! I think the workshop is going to be up until the end of April and then it will come down. I still present the workshop in other places, so we figured that would allow people to check it out for free, but no affect my ability to still present it to groups.

Thanks for coming and I'm glad the presentations have helped you.
    Jenna Petersen
    Reading: Bound To Please by Lilli Feisty
    Just Finished Reading: A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin
    TBR: 50?

Awards Showcase

Hello *wave*

Will Belegon here. I'm a writer with Phaze. I have co-written four short (novella length) works released by them, with another one on April 20th. It actually collects earlier work and adds a new story...and it is my first thing in print outside of the Coming Together anthologies. Then I'll have my second print release and my first solo piece coming out in May.

I normally hang out where I got my start, at the AH on Literotica. But I'm looking to expand and this caught my eye. I'm looking forward to reading the other posts....
    Chase your dreams as hard as you flee your nightmares...
    Will Belegon
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12