Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

writersblock WIPS and WOES :-/

I love writing, love it to death. I love reading, but somewhere along the past year, my life swallowed both my loves whole and I've been hit or miss and hap hazard about both ever since!

Last month I put my foot down. I want to write professionally, but I was allowing every crisis from everyone around me, to derail me. I haven't finished a book in so long I can't remember the last one I did. :P

Anyway, so foot-down.

I got a couple of my good friends on board to help hold me accountable and I hired my oldest to run interference for me, because becoming an overnight mom to an 8 and 9 year old has been running me ragged! lol

And so far so good because it's been working! My current wip, Tessa's Choice, is nearly at 18k. I'm hoping to hit the half way point this week, fingers crossed. I'm trying to keep to 5k a day on the days I write, and I'm writing about four days a week since those are the days my oldest is here. :D

I figure one book at a time, if I can stay focused, I'll get my momentum back. :D

Tessa's Choice
    Last edited by Samantha Lucas; April 18th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Some one remind me that there's nothing wrong with slow and steady!

Tessa's Choice
    From the creative vision of Samantha Lucas comes a new way of storytelling that is bold, dramatic and definitely sexy! The stories of Starlight Key are open ended, the lives of its residents intertwine, secrets and relationships unfold slowly over time. Get ready for drama, mystery, sexy immortals, villains you'll love to hate, Domination & Submission, men that will set fire to your soul and long drawn out love affairs! ~ Welcome to Starlight Key!

For more information on Samantha and her novels, please visit her at www.samanthalucas.com

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

slow and steady is perfect it's how i do most things
    Hugs
    Hollie

Thank you Hollie! :D

When I started writing, I had no life, so I sat in my room all day and wrote. I had days where my word count hit 16k! So when I have days I don't get over 2k, i about die! :b

Anyway, I'd written myself into a corner a few days ago and I've been running errands and such so I haven't written for a couple days, but I'm at just over 27k now and I have figured out my twist! :D

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Poor Tessa, I'm evil. :D

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Oh my goodness, this was a rough week!

Dale started a day job and his oldest decided to see how firm the boundaries where when it was just me here.
    I'm exhausted!

I got a grand total of about 800 words written all week! Until last night when everyone was asleep, I polished and worked out an entire chapter. :D

Of course now I'm the walking dead this morning, but I wrote!

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

I'm hoping for more productivity this week. I wrote a hot menage scene yesterday, turned out to be just over 2k so that's promising. Fingers crossed I can keep that up all week. :D

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

I had a GREAT writing day on Thursday, wrote just over 5k which pushed me just passed the halfway mark on the book!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Reading: Revealers, Amanda Marrone
    Just Finished Reading: The Other Queen, Philipa Gregory
    TBR: ten

Awards Showcase

Congrats on your efforts! You just keep right on going!!!
    Crooked Angel, third book in the Shannon Wallace Mysteries coming soon!
    http://www.mkimsmith.com

Thanks Kim!

I didn't get anything done this past week, I was dealing with life things again. :b However tonight I got mail from a reader and it was such a wonderful email, it truly reminded me why this is the coolest job ever! :D

Hopefully this week will be far more productive.

HOPE HOPE HOPE

Find me on Facebook
    Follow me on Twitter

Reading: Revealers, Amanda Marrone
    Just Finished Reading: The Other Queen, Philipa Gregory
    TBR: ten

Awards Showcase

I am on the hunt for a new word count meter... i noticed one on here... hint hint
    Crooked Angel, third book in the Shannon Wallace Mysteries coming soon!
    http://www.mkimsmith.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast