Just for fun, Medallion Press asked me who I’d cast as the hero/heroine in a movie version of “Fire at Midnight.” I decided that Rosamund Pike (from Pride and Prejudice) would make a perfect Rachael, and Rufus Sewell would make a dashing, sexy Sebastién.

Various members of the MP editorial department came up with their own suggestions (Hugh Jackman seems to be a popular choice for Sebastién, but I didn’t choose Jackman to play the bad-boy Frenchman because I see him as perfect for the role of Evan Dark in my next release, “Stolen Promise”).

If you’d like to see photos of the actors suggested by the editorial department at MP, they’re posted on my blog at

http://lisamariewilkinson.blogspot.com/2009/04/writerly-stuff-fire-at-midnight-movie.html

If you’ve read “Fire at Midnight” you might have your own idea about casting. If you’ll share your casting suggestions in a comment on my blog, you’ll be entered in a contest. I haven’t decided on the prize yet, but you have until June 2nd to enter a comment. On June 3rd a winner will be selected.

If you haven’t read “Fire at Midnight,” you’re not excluded from the contest! The blog article describes what these fictional characters look like. Just use your imagination and make a casting suggestion. You could win a cool prize!

Have fun!

Lisa Marie