Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Xwriter Are YOU an Anglophyle?

Do you love anything set in England? What time period are you partial to? I like the 1700's and prior, back to the 1200's. To be an Anglophyle one has to enjoy the historical aspects as well. Please leave a comment so we can get a discussion going of who likes what time period. I prefer the ships, pirates, dukes and kings, and I like to learn a bit more of historical facts as I read new books. What books have you read that you enjoyed lately? Did they transport you to the time period and made you a part of the story?

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

I enjoy historicals but i'm really strict about them being accurate but then i live in england so i know quiet a bit about my history. i don't have a fave era i just like the history.

oh and i live about 10 miles south of York which dates back to the romans 2000 years ago which is just amazing
    Hugs
    Hollie

Hi Hollie,

It's been awhile and I've been pretty busy. My historical romance - No Turning Back - set in England 1778 was just released on April 5th and I can't wait to see how it's received by readers. I love anything England and hope I've done a good job with the story. My book trailer is at Youtube so readers can see what the book is about. I also have a link to BookBuzzer below.

I'd love to hear from others who also enjoy the English history and reading romance novels with the setting in England. Virginia Henley and Johanna Lindsey got me interested years ago and I've been hooked ever since.

Readers - what do you think? What do you read? What's your favorite time period in England? Who are your favorite authors?
    Last edited by Deanna Jewel; April 7th, 2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: revised link

Awards Showcase

OMG you set it in North Yorkshire thats where i live
    Hugs
    Hollie

Typing NOW on SALE! .99 for No Turning Back

Cover_NoTurningBack_600x900_300dpiCMYK.jpg
    .99 at your favorite online store!

Now's your chance to read the novel that inspired my next book, Whispers at Ghost Point! The characters in No Turning Back are reincarnated into Whispers. Even though both books are stand alone romances, if you've read NTB, you'll recognize the characters in Whispers then.

If you love England and more specific, London and castles, you'll love No Turning Back. You'll join the Duke of North Yorkshire as he travels the sea, fights the pirates and sweeps the women off their feet! Dream of those elegant English balls? You'll peek in on a few of them inside the book.

Please share the links with your friends who enjoy historical romances and let them know about Whispers. Check my Contemporary category and read more about the November book tour and contests but first....grab YOUR copy of NTB for .99 and read it before you read Whispers!

Thank you for stopping in to peek at the books!

LOL....OH NO!! That could be bad if you find some glaring historical errors on me - I did my research but when a resident is reading, oooo....we'll see. But honest, I would love to hear your thoughts sometime, just be gentle with me. LOL

I'll stick my neck and eagerly listen....I hope I did an ok job with relating to England. Be sure to check out my hero, Nathan.....*happy sigh*

Awards Showcase

you've got me hooked it's on my to buy list but with just moving house i'm not buying at the moment.

i have to ask where in North Yorkshire?
    Hugs
    Hollie

Read the first two chapters of No Turning Back! Click on the BookBuzzer link beneath my signature.

I've had a few sales for Mother's Day gifts! Makes a great gift for her!

Yeah 4 Star Review - No Turning Back!

Apex Reviews did a wonderful review for No Turning Back on June 2, 2010 written by Tracy Moore. I'd love to share it with you:

Having suffered the tragic death of his fiancée, Nathan struggles to open his wounded heart to love again...with a freshly broken heart and a child on the way, Vanessa strives to put the pieces of her fractured life back together...when fate finds a way to unite the two of them, will they be able to love again – or will the specter of heartache rear its gloomy head once more...?

In No Turning Back, author Deanna Jewel takes the reader through the familiar story of love lost, mourned, and regained – only with a considerably unique twist. Set against the backdrop of 1770’s London, Jewel’s engaging tale of budding romance is rife with the usual sentimental trappings, sure to gauge the interest of die hard romance fans. As an added bonus, though, Jewel provides the reader with lush descriptions of the distinctly aristocratic lifestyles of members of 18th Century London’s High Society, with a sharp eye toward historical detail. In so doing, Jewel ensures that her readers are caught up in a fantastical journey through the combined worlds of life, love, and history.

A rich, compelling narrative with a strong central storyline, No Turning Back is a welcome addition to the world of historical romance. A satisfying read.

###

Apex Reviews is a seasoned team of authors and editors with a combined total of over 75 years' experience in the publishing industry. Our reviews have been cited in various media across the globe, garnering accolades from editors, agents, and booksellers.

Last edited by Deanna Jewel; June 5th, 2010 at 11:52 PM. Reason: font size
    Reading: Deadlines by Metsy Hingle
    Just Finished Reading: Zero at the Bone by Jane Seville
    TBR: 500+

Awards Showcase

I'm a fan of the Renaissance period (1300-1700s').
    Happy Reading
    Anna
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast