February 27, 2007
Bantam Dell, Random House, Inc.
1745 Broadway, New York , NY 10019
Mass Market Paperback
$6.99
416 pages
Fantasy
Rating: 5 cups

Riley Jenson has just become a guardian, something she has long fought against. Her rigorous training is both mentally and physically exhausting, yet she handles it with her own inimitable style. When the timetable of her next mission is suddenly moved up, it just may turn out to be a true test of her burgeoning abilities. Will she be able to handle the rising heat of her moon phase and still manage to come out of a madman's lair in one piece?

Kellen is a werewolf who recognizes a kindred spirit in Riley. Quinn is a vampire who is determined to have Riley for himself. Neither of them makes life any easier for Riley as she attempts to take down the enemy. They both know that she may need to use sex as a bargaining tool in dealing with the villains. Quinn is the one who is disgruntled with the idea of sharing her attentions. Neither of them really has a choice in the matter.

After training vigorously, which includes fighting the disgusting vampire Gautier, Riley is sent undercover into the lair of a madman in the hopes of discovering the whereabouts of a secret lab. The agency Riley works for, the Directorate, wants to stop scientist Deshon Starr from destroying any more innocent victims and from creating any more unearthly creatures. Will Riley be able to survive the horrors of Starr's arena and live to tell the tale?

Tempting Evil is an amazingly awesome book that completely blew me away. Ms. Arthur's world building skills are absolutely second to none. Her take on the legends of vampires and werewolves is utterly unique and mind bending. Riley and the men who inhabit her world fascinate me totally. I did not want this stupendously superb story to end and I cannot wait to see what happens to Riley Jenson next. I simply must have more please, as soon as humanly possible.

Susan
Reviewer for Coffee Time Romance
Reviewer for Karen Find Out About New Books