Default Librarian in need of help

Hello. I'm a librarian in Louisiana, and I'm trying to track down a book for a patron. I was wondering if anyone in your forum could help. The patron can remember everything BUT the name of the book or the author: Any information you can provide would be VERY helpful.

It was set during the Napoleonic wars, and the male lead was a high ranking soldier in Napoleon's army. He captures/has prisoner a woman that upon their first meeting demands that he give her a child, because her husband cannot. She is accompanied by an elderly woman (lady's maid?), and after their first encounter, she is expecting. The story progresses as he is sent in to battle, and they continue to meet at various points. Eventually, into Russia they go, with the woman in tow. The man kills her husband, and she flees to Russia (Siberia) to have their child. He meets her there not too long after, and the story ends with their last encounter and her declaring that he just gave her another child. It was published between 1995-2001 by either Avon or Bellintine Books. The author includes much of her research, and notations. The book has a purple cover, with an inside flap of the "hero" sitting in a chair (White Bria's, purple sash, black hair). The author also includes a prologue to a squeal to the book, where the couple's oldest son is involved with a loose woman. I believe the book only has a one word title. The heroine's name begins with either a P or an S.

With regards,

Ashley
    Librarian

Reading: Beautiful Mistake by Nancy Corrigan
    Just Finished Reading: Dark Bites by Sherrilyn Kenyon
    TBR: ?????

Awards Showcase

I have no idea it isn't my sort of book but I will ask the CTR staff between us we have a wide experience of books and authors.
    Hugs
    Hollie

Reading: Too many to count Gena Showalter, Roxanne St. Claire, Jennifer Armintrout
    TBR: 10000

Awards Showcase

I will continue to look as well. I am not having much luck myself. It almost sounds like a Kathleen Woodiwiss novel or a Jennifer Blake novel but I already checked with their websites. Couldn't find anything so far.

Thanks to you all!!! We've been searching and it's driving us crazy not being able to find it.
    TBR: 250+

Awards Showcase

Sounds interesting but I have not been able to remeber the book. Sorry!
    I smile because I have no idea what is going on.

Thanks everyone. I'm still trying to find it, but it's gotten pushed to the back burner. I've too many patron requests and not enough fingers

Will chat with you again!!
    Reading: Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter
    Just Finished Reading: Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl
    TBR: 1

Awards Showcase

ding ding ding.

You rang a little bell in my head. Is it Taboo by Susan Johnson?

http://www.susanjohnsonauthor.com/Bo...oks/Taboo.html

E

Yeah Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elise Logan View Post
    ding ding ding.

You rang a little bell in my head. Is it Taboo by Susan Johnson?

http://www.susanjohnsonauthor.com/Bo...oks/Taboo.html

E
    Yes, that's it!!! I actually found it last Tuesday, sitting on the shelf to be checked in. I took one look at the spine and started shouting "That's it!" My boss thought I went insane. I sent it to the patron, who adored it!

Thank you soooooo much for you help (everyone~), helping me narrow it down. I really appreciate it.

If I can return the favor, PM here.

Ashley
    Reading: Deep Kiss of Winter by Kresley Cole and Gena Showalter
    Just Finished Reading: Talk Me Down by Victoria Dahl
    TBR: 1

Awards Showcase

Well, I'm glad I got it right. I'm just sorry I didn't get it to you earlier. I'll try to do better. *hangs head in shame*

E
  10. Super Spify Woman & Bestest Buddy to Karenne
    TBR: ??

Awards Showcase

Elise, at least you found it. I looked on and off after reading the first post and still never found it.
    Dani
    I've decided to use my name on my profile now to make things simple, but I am and always will be THE IrishWolf.