Snow Drifter will be released in July by Whiskey Creek Press. It is set in Sydney, Australia, the Mount Perisher snowfields of New South Wales and Aspen and we did a research trip through the Snowy Mountains Hydro-electric Scheme with a guide and interviewed ex-Snowy workers like Pat O'Dea and Charlie Salvestro, Bev Wales, a well known policeman, Tony Sponar, a former Olympic skier and owner of Sponar's Chalet and Les Strzelecki, a descendent of the explorer Paul Strzelecki. All of them treated me with considerable courtesy, answered my questions, explained when I went off the track, and added valuable insights to the story.
None of this is unusual. Every time I research a story, I am amazed at the generosity of strangers who share their knowledge so willingly with me, they include forensic scientists, chief investigators for statuatory authorities and ordinary people who have been involved in extraordinary things.
The friendships I have formed this way are invaluable and I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all, even if few of them will ever read these words.